Thread: Explosive shells for ships?

Default Explosive shells for ships?

Im using DBeditor to try get explosive mortar shells/howitzer shells to fire from a steamship (to make them worth researching), nothing i try seems to work in-game. Has anyone managed to this before? Ive seen it done on youtube so i know its possible..

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Explosive shells for ships?

Welcome to TWC! I'll move this thread to the Mod Workshop, where hopefully someone will be able to help you shortly.

Thread moved from Empire: Total War General Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Welcome to TWC! I'll move this thread to the Mod Workshop, where hopefully someone will be able to help you shortly.

Thread moved from Empire: Total War General Discussion.
    thanks!

Where have you seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p48ABGLOgnc the person who uploaded it didnt say how he did it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Beppelascar View Post
    Im using DBeditor to try get explosive mortar shells/howitzer shells to fire from a steamship (to make them worth researching), nothing i try seems to work in-game. Has anyone managed to this before? Ive seen it done on youtube so i know its possible..
    This would be awesome (even though steamships doesn't have to be researched and are very powerful), my guess is that he has edited the 42 pounder (?) canon in projectile tables.
    Try to copy the effect from this to the line for the steamships normal canon ball.
    This at least works to have fort canons fire canister (but not shrapnel for some reason).