Thread: Attila Battle Banner Bug : have you tried to turn it off and on again ?

Decanus

Default Attila Battle Banner Bug : have you tried to turn it off and on again ?

*No IT employee were harmed during the redaction of this thread*

* Ok, this is a repost from CA's forum, because I had no answer from yesterday and I beleive nobody cares the game's bugs there *

Hi girls & guys,

I have a trouble with banners in the campaign mode.

I can't see the ones from the enemies. I only see mines. This makes the game very difficult.

The only "semi"-fix to this is :
    - during a battle going in the game options, find the show banner option, choose "never", go out of the game options (which is 10 clicks or so).
    - then, go to game options a second time, find the show banner option, choose "always show" then go out of the game options (which is another 10 clicks or so).

This is very tedious and this works only for the current battle. Then in next battle, it resets.

I think this is somehow a common bug, but after one hour of unsuccessful google-fu, I couldn't a thread about the same problem as mine.

Does anybody knows about this problem and a permanent fix about it ?

Thanks a bunch,
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Default Re: Attila Battle Banner Bug : have you tried to turn it off and on again ?

I have had this problem ever since I bought the game when it first came out.I also have no preference script and have to make do with the one from Rome 2.I have posted on the Steam forum and in Total War support to no avail.Sega couldn't explain it either.To make things worse I can't exit the game without Ctrl-Alt-Deleting.Please have a look at this problem.

Decanus

Default Re: Attila Battle Banner Bug : have you tried to turn it off and on again ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevey1112 View Post
    I have had this problem ever since I bought the game when it first came out.I also have no preference script and have to make do with the one from Rome 2.I have posted on the Steam forum and in Total War support to no avail.Sega couldn't explain it either.To make things worse I can't exit the game without Ctrl-Alt-Deleting.Please have a look at this problem.
    Oh, I've got the same exit problem aswell !

Sadly, I don't have Rome 2 :/
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Ost View Post
    Oh, I've got the same exit problem aswell !

Sadly, I don't have Rome 2 :/
    Do you have AVG as an antivirus ?
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Decanus

[SOLVED]

For a reason or another, I had no write rights on my Appdata files in windows.

When watching the event on my computer, I saw windows 7 logged in with the default user, which had no write rights.

I used regedit to remove that user that (I think) AVG made. Regedited to my old user.

Then I got to my appdata/roaming, properties, and untick "read only" there. I did the same to local and another folder there. I had to avoid the avg folder for these last two folders.

Then I was asked to update my video drivers (wtf ?), then I launched the game, load the campagn.

It quited instantly.
    When I load a battle, banners seems to be here now.

I supected the game not to quit because it had no write access to this appdata folder. It would be for the same reason that you couldn't see the banner.

Everything seems to be fixed now ! Check if you have R/W acces to this appdata folder ?
    Last edited by L'Ost; March 26, 2017 at 06:26 AM.
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Decanus

The problem came back.

As said on total war forum from CA, I made more testing:

- uninstalled AVG didn't worked.
    - installed Bitdefender trial version didn't worked.
    - bit defender told me I had to remove USB software execution rigths (DS3 Tools).
    - then I uninstalled Comodo Firewall + reboot : banners worked again + I could quit the game normally=> Comodo may be, in fact, the culprit.

If this is it, I'm happy because I liked AVG but not Comodo that much.

Will tell if the problem happen again. Do tell if this works for you.
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY