Thread: How to COMPLETELY remove a vanilla building? Any guide please

Default How to COMPLETELY remove a vanilla building? Any guide please

I don't know if there's a guide for this but hope there is... I'm currently deleting all the temples and using just 3 tree's - adding bonus's assigned to factions... so that I have more building space... that's been done... with the text file I haven't gone into great detail but just used the same description for all 3 (assigned to all cultures) that I can later add to... I changed descr_strat temples to the new building names...

My game doesn't run when I tried experimenting all this...

I did a quick look into what other files still use the vanilla temples;

data

descr ui buildings
    export descr advise
    export descr ancillaries
    export descr character traits
    export descr sounds advice

data/text

export_advice

Does anyone with more experience know which files exactly are needed to be altered for all this to work? I don't see how advice matters for making the game stop... character traits, I can barely understand how I'm going to affect the game here... and anchillaries I have changed as that one was easy.

I'm making this post because I don't know if it's just these files... whether it must be all of them or just a few... cheers.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: How to COMPLETELY remove a vanilla building? Any guide please

I've never tried to remove a building as doing so is way more trouble than it's worth. Far easier to just ensure it can't be built for example.

You could check here if you insist on doing it but remembering my own trials with this may give me nightmares. I finally managed to add one in every single way (strat/battle map) after much hardship back in my early modding days.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-modding-guide
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Default Re: How to COMPLETELY remove a vanilla building? Any guide please

Sorry, I should have made this clearer... (but you make a point I over-looked), it's not the physical building so to speak... I want to clear building tree space in export_descr_buildings... more tree's means I can make more buildings - I plan to merge temples from scratch... saying all this with what you post... I wonder if that also effects the process - I will look into that guide too to be sure