Thread: Previews and Other things

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Icon7 Previews and Other things

Hello everyone!

Are coming other previews?

regarding the Recruitment system based on Home or far from home provinces. I really Love it.
    the only thing that in my opinion is not very historical is the Spanish situation.

I explain what I mean for (no very), the Crown of Aragon, before merging with the Castile with the famous marriage between the two heirs had got the possession of Sicily long time before and had a strong influence on the kingdoms of Naples that was under a second line of the house Testamara. So in my opinion the Kingdom of naples for the Spanish recruitment should be like, near home and the entire Sicily like main land, for the Catalan units.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: Previews and Other things

Thank you!

So you mean, that the influence and actual presence of Spanish inhabitants was sufficient enough to supply a decent amount of men for Spanish armies?
    You see, our system is based on the composition of a province's population. If there were a Spanish majority present, I would be happy to change that.
    But if not, I'd rather stick with our current solution. In any case it will and must be tested if it is practical and not too frustrating for the player.

Do you have any sources at hand to cast some light on this matter?

Edit: Forgot to answer your first question, yes of course, you'll have plenty of previews
    Don't you worry. Currently we are adjusting and implementing all the scripts and events of our previous version.
    So nothing really new.
    Last edited by Aneirin; March 09, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Previews and Other things

You are welcome, sorry I did not see your response.

Anyway. In Sardinia there same areas where the dialect still the Catalan (Aragon kingdom in the middle age). The Aragon Crown were fighting for take over Sardinia since 1295 and the last castes were bought by the Spanish in 1420, but they were already in charge of most of the Island from 1324. (the Pope recognised the Aragon right over Sardinia in 1297). Sardinia like Sicily and colony in Latin America had a vice-King ruler and special Autonomy and right to deliberate their laws and this provide a high prosperity and high loyal behaviour to the Spanish crown.

Sicily was under the Aragon Kingdom from 1302. they were many wars against the Neapolitan Anjou Kingdom but after all the Spanish prevail and also Naples was under a Spanish king but at that time (Italian wars start date) only the king and few nobles were Spanish (in Naples).
    Sicily were a very rich area of the Spanish kingdom and the population double in the growth and like there were immigration to Latin America there also to Sicily and Sardinia. Palermo from 30,000 inhabitants reach 140,000 under the Spanish rule. Protection from the Turks expansion and prosperity with certain degree of freedom and local autonomy (laws and courts, that's was present also in the Iberia Peninsula).

In my opinion, the castellan soldiers should be recruit in the ports like you already did (a historical representation).
    The Aragoneses and Catalans should be consider local soldier in Sicily and Sardinia.

I found this in Wikipedia but I think that also Osprey has this information....I will check in these weeks.