Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Strategikos

Default Re: [Submod] Stratēgikόs

New version for eb 2.3: Download

I - New morale factors (optional):

a - The type of army: For more realism, the morale is now influenced by the the strategic situation in wich the armies find themselves. This translates into the creation of three categories: expeditionnary corps, defense army and proxy force, each reacting differently.

1 - Expeditionnary corps: Is regarded as such any army fighting in enemy territory, at the exception of the rebel troops.
    - Normal battle: Only using temporary camps, having then nowhere to retreat and no chance to survive if the baggage is lost, the units of an expeditionnary corps won't flee.
    - River crossing battle: Defending such a strong position, an expeditionnary corps won't retreat, but as attacker, in front of too much resistance, the units will prefer to survive.
    - Ambush: Ambushed, the army cannot retreat, but as attacker the retreat remains an option. The baggage is then considered as a rally point located at a safe distance.
    - Sally out battle: In this situation, the besieger will be regarded as defending his camp, and the units will then fight to the death.

2 - Defense army: Fighting in familiar territory, a defense army can retreat in any situation.

3 - Proxy force: Only the rebel armies. Such troops are regarded as insurgents or actors of a low intensity invasion, having numerous fallback solutions around. They can beat a retreat everywhere, even in ennemy territory.

Note: The script determines the situation according to the position of the attacker. So in the case of a battle with armies on each side of a frontier, the position of the agressor will prevail for determining the scenario.

b - Siege: The defenders will not beat a retreat at any time. This does not include the reinforcements (Player and AI).

c - Fatigue: If the whole army is tired and has lost more than 33% of its strength, the units will progressively flee (Player only).
    Note: "BattleArmyTired" is an event not a condition, so if there is more than 33% of losses after it has fired, it will not be taken into account by the script.

d - The general: If the general flees the whole army will follow the same way. If he's killed in action and the army has lost more than 33% of its strength, the units will retreat (Player only).

II - Options menu: Click on the help button. Morale factors can be enabled/disabled separately.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

III - Army composition: Use F9 or the options menu.

IV- Settlement viewer: Click on the construction/recruitment advice button to start. Next, start the battle, and press ESC for leaving.
    Credits: Alpaca for the original ("Oppida") script, and TheTabletopAudio for the sound atmosphere.
    Note: If there is a rebel army adjacent to the settlement, the script won't work.

V - Reworked sea routes: A more flexible (and more aesthetical) approach of the last version, with larger routes (and so no more with the possibility to control a passage, but allowing to circumvent an enemy fleet).

VI - Battle script for custom battles: CTRL + F9 (No, this is not a good idea to try to use it in campaign...)
    Last edited by Erken; November 09, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

New version: Download

Added:
    - In winter, an expeditionnary corps is now regarded as having necessarily a winter camp. As attacker, his units can then beat a retreat. As target of an attack, the army is regarded as deployed before the camp, and the only way out is either the victory or the death.
    - In the same way, an expeditionnary corps having devastated a region will be considered as having a permanent camp, where the loot is stored and kept under protection while the army is raiding the country. The scenario will then be the same than in winter: retreat possible only as attacker. If the army has moved after having devasted a tile, and not for attacking the enemy this turn, it will be with his baggage, and the camp will be considered as abandonned.
    Note: the devastation during siege is not taken account.
    - Morale editor: This allows to circumvent the limitations of the morale script in certains rare situations (battle on a frontier, near a fleet that could be used to flee, ambush with both sides in enemy lands, etc...). During the deployment phase, press F1 to make appear the advisor ("help" is now called with CRTL+F1). He will offer 4 possiblities: "Both sides can flee", "Only the player's units can flee", "Only the AI's units can flee", and "Both sides fight to the death". The advisor will be automatically closed 3 seconds after the confirmation message.
    - For those only interrested by the settlement viewer, i have also added a folder named "all_scripts_off". Just copy and paste the content in "...medieval II total war/mods" after having installed strategikos, and all the scripts will be disabled by default, without having to do it at the beginning of each campaign.

Edit: Currently the morale editor doesn't allow to prevent the proxy forces (rebels) from fleeing (except for "both sides fight to the death"), since it's contrary to logic of their category, but it will be the case in the next version.

Tweaked:
    - The rout provoked by some scripts is now less abrupt
    - Self-targeting works now equally with the general.

Fixed:
    - In the options, "Morale and siege" can now be enabled/disabled independently of "Morale in enemy territory".
    Last edited by Erken; November 28, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Impressive.

Nice work.

I - New morale factors (optional):

a - The type of army
    I autoresolve most of the battles during campaign and wars are build around fighting, routing, regrouping of armies so Expeditionnary corps isnt very favorable for me. Proxy force option sounds very alluring. I would like to see rebellions take longer as 3 months and train my youths on them.

III - Army composition: WHat does it do?

V - Reworked sea routes: Thats great, I was looking for something like this. Sailing anywhere with so small reaction radius of fleets makes navy obsolete. Enemies can have 100 fleets but I can dodge them and transport my elite army into the hearth of their empire on a single fleet.

I havent installed your mod yet as I'm doing some editing of files right now, but I would like to know if there is an option to enable only this parts:
    I a - Proxy forces , c, d
    II
    V

I autoresolve most of the battles during campaign and wars are build around fighting, routing, regrouping of armies so Expeditionnary corps isnt very favorable for me.
    I understand that it doesn't please everybody, that's why it's optional.The idea is to try to add a little more strategic depth, even in an imperfect way. Some actions like an incursion in enemy territory become a little easier since your units won't flee, but a victory can be very costly, and a defeat will be total (even if you can use the withdraw function to save your general, which could be defensible in certain situations). On the contrary, to try to stop the enemy before to be besieged can become complicated, particulary with the fatigue script activated.

Army composition is just an integration IG of the file of this thread. There is some screenshots in the first post.
    (call with F9 or the options menu (help button), navigate with keys 1-9 (not the numpad), BACKSPACE for "Previous Page" ,ENTER for "Next Page"and EQUALS for previous menu)

Proxy forces have the vanilla behaviour, so you just need to disable "Morale in enemy territory" in the options. a, b,c and d can be enabled/disabled independently. You should be able to do your formula like you want.

Navigation restrictions are installed by default (but there is a revert_map folder inclueded).

Is there a way to use only sea routes? I'm just learning EBII mechanics so I don't want to try the full submod right now or I'll go crazy.
    But I'd love to have your sea routes, I've always wanted something like that in M2TW.

Yes, there is a folder named "all_scripts_off" inclueded. It does what the title says, just first install strategikos, and next the content of this one. It will allow you to keep also the settlement viewer.

Final version: Download

Tweaked:
    - Proxy forces (rebels) can now be affected by all the differents settings of the morale editor (even if it's contrary to the general logic of their category).
    - Proxy forces can now flee when their camp is attacked in a sally out battle, since they are regarded as having a regional presence.
    - Practical and aestehical adjustments of the sea routes. Removed the (slightly optimistic) routes north-south in the Euxine sea (even if the route from Chersonesos to Karambis was probably not impossible for a trireme in exceptional circumstances).

Fixed:
    - Fatigue and general factors were not activated in some conditions when "Morale in enemy territory" was disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Final version: Download

Tweaked:
    - Proxy forces (rebels) can now be affected by all the differents settings of the morale editor (even if it's contrary to the general logic of their category).
    - Proxy forces can now flee when their camp is attacked in a sally out battle, since they are regarded as having a regional presence.
    - Practical and aestehical adjustments of the sea routes. Removed the (slightly optimistic) routes north-south in the Euxine sea (even if the route from Chersonesos to Karambis was probably not impossible for a trireme in exceptional circumstances).

Fixed:
    - Fatigue and general factors were not activated in some conditions when "Morale in enemy territory" was disabled.
    Impressive job! Thank you very much, given reputation

Post-final version, for eb 2.3: Download

- Added: Poliorcetics (optional): Non-barbarian and non-nomadic factions have the ability to breach the stone walls on the strategic map, as they would do it in a real siege with battering rams, demolition ravens, mines and others.

• The script is fully automatic and random, requiring no action from the player.
    • There will be no breach during the first turn of the siege (dedicated to the installation of the camp, the filling of the ditches, the assembly of siege engines, etc...).
    • Three different settings are available in the options for the percentage chance of breaching the wall (tested each turn): 33% (default), 25% and 20%.
    • The rebels cannot breach the walls.

- Added: War effort (optional): Different maluses appearing with the state of war and increasing over time. They represent the lack of food generated by the need of supplies for the garrisons, the speculation on food products thus generated, the inherent impoverishment and crime, as well as the public concernes and the political unrest accompanaying a period of uncertainty.

1. First year: public order -15 % (law -10 & happiness -5) / trade -1 / farming -1
    2. Second year: public order -15 % (law -10 & happiness -5) / trade -1 / farming -1
    3. Third year: public order -20 % (law -15 & happiness -5) / trade -1 / farming -1
    4. Fourth year: public order -20 % (law -15 & happiness -10) / trade -2 / farming -1
    5. Fifth year: public order -25 % (law -15 & happiness -10) / trade -2 / farming -1
    6. Sixth year: public order -25 % (law -15 & happiness -10) / trade -2 / farming -1
    7. Seventh year: public order -30 % (law -15 & happiness -15) / trade -3 / farming -1
    8. Eighth year: public order -30 % (law -15 & happiness -15) / trade -3 / farming -1
    9. Nineth year and beyond: public order -35 % (law -20 & happiness -15) / trade -3 / farming -1

• Factions at war at the beginning of the campaign start with a malus inspired by their historical situation in -272 (can be reseted by disabling and re-enabling the script in the options).
    • A local general ending his turn in enemy lands (and then an expeditionary corps) will generate the state of war, even if the conflict is not still declared (enemy generals in local regions are not taken into account: too costly in monitors to test if they are allied or not).
    • When the state of war has ended, the happiness and farming maluses disapear (end of the mobilization and of the period of uncertainty), but there will be a transition phase for the others factors before the return to normal situation (economic and political rebalancing). The decrease will be three time faster than the increase.
    • The maluses are generated by the core buildings. They are also displayed for the AI settlements, but are active only for the player.
    • The number of enemy factions has no incidence on the script.

- Nitpicking: The agents have been renamed in a less typed way: assassins become henchmen, diplomats: emissaries, and spies: men of confidence (yes, it was indispensable...). Revert_agents folder inclueded.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is truly impressive

The War effort thing is unfortunately too restrictive in my opinion, because chances are you'll be at war 99% of the time, with factions refusing peace in most circumstances, so you're always incurring these penalties. Of course, it might be a welcome higher standard difficulty for people truly hardcore about their campaigns.

@Antiokhos Thank you

@HarkonRules In the current state, the script is indeed a little rigid, and rather designed to force the player (ok, me in fact ) to keep a low profile, and use more diplomacy. The next step is to introduce a distinction between passive and active war (to test if there is an operation in progress or not), take into account the situation of the theater of operations (interior/exterior/both), and thus obtain a dynamic malus, influenced by the choices of the player. But it's less simple to do.

Neo-final version: Download

Added :

- Surrender (optional): (complement of the expeditionary corps system) If an army has lost more than a certain percentage of its strength (adjustable in the options: 85% (default), 80% or 75%), and the other side has still more than 50% of its men, then its soldiers will lay down their arms (more exactly there will be a satellite view of the battlefield (while the script is eliminating the army), a message of the advisor, and the battle will finish).
    Note: The script is tested every three minutes, so there will be a little margin of time. Works only in 1 vs 1 battle.

- Tactical view: A new perspective of the battlefield, using the keys F1 to F4 (like for the morale editor, but only once the battle started). As defender of a settlement, it offers a satellite view, allowing to place waypoints in the streets more easily. A satellite view is also available for the other types of battle (but not for the besieger, due to the restricted camera).
    The keys F1 to F4 give a view at different altitudes for the defenders during a siege battle, and change the line of view in the other cases.

Tweaked :

- The fatigue and general scripts each have now three possible settings for the losses: 33% (still the default setting) , 25 % and 20%.
    - Once the whole army is tired, the fatigue script will be now tested 10 times, by three minutes intervals, and thus artificially maintened active during 30 minutes.
    - The presence of an enemy expeditionary corps now generates the state of war.

Reworked : War effort

- During the first years of the state of war, there is now a bonus instead of a malus for the public order. In the case of a war of agression, this represents the profit expectations and the inherent support to the ruling power. In the case of a defensive war, it represents the mobilization of the population for its own safety.

First year : +10% po (5% law - 5% happiness) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Second year : +10% po (5% law - 5% happiness) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Third year : +5% po (5% law) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Fourth year : +5% po (5% law) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Fivth year : +0% po // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Sixth year : -5% po (-5% law) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Seventh year : -5% po (-5% law) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Eighth year : -10% po (-5% law - -5% happiness) // -1 farming // -1 trade
    Nineth year : -10% po (-5% law - -5% happiness) // -1 farming // -1 trade

- A local expeditionary corps will generate this maluses: -5% po (happiness) -1 farming -1 trade

- If a local settlement is besieged: -15% po (law) (the number of siege is not taken into account).

- An enemy expeditionary corps will cause -15% po (law) if he's not besieging a settlement (the number of expeditionary corps is not taken account).

- The maluses caused by a siege and an enemy expeditionary corps can be cumulated.

Does this work with the submods compilation?

are the shortcuts set in stone or can we switch them the same as the vanilla keys?

Does this work with the submods compilation?
    I've done a quick compatibility patch (not save compatible)

1 - First install both submods (nevermind the order)

2 - (Optional) Install the content of the optional folder(s) of Strategikos (all_scripts_off, revert_map, revert_agent or revert_sound).

3 - Install the compatibility patch

4 - (Only if you have not installed revert_agent) Install the content of the agent folder.

are the shortcuts set in stone or can we switch them the same as the vanilla keys?
    You can change all of them in the keyboard settings (the shortcuts of the tactical view are the same than for the morale editor). The only difference is that the help scroll (listing the keys IG) is called with ctrl+F1, not F1.

Stand alone version of the settlement viewer: Download

(Two versions: one for the vanilla and the other for the submods compilations)

Note 1: If you play without camera restrictions, in the campaign script, at line 267867, add a semicolon before "camera_restrictions_set on", like this:

Code:
    monitor_event EscPressed I_CompareCounter stv = 3
        kill_unit deus_ex_machina
        battle_set_speed 6.0f
        ;camera_restrictions_set on
    end_monitor
    Note 2: (also valid for the full version of Strategikos)
    If you play with the minimal ui, but with a static taskbar, there will be a glitch with the black bands of the cinematic mode. For removing this mode, add a semicolon before "hide_ui", at line 267859 (stand alone version) or line 275955 (full version), like this:
    Code:
    monitor_event BattleConflictPhaseCommenced
        if I_CompareCounter stv = 3        
            ;hide_ui
             camera_restrictions_set off
        end_if
    end_monitor

Welp, I'm getting CTDs on startup. I installed this mod and the compat patch on top of my EBII install with the submod compilation along with crimson tide and permanent arrows. Any help?

I've done a fresh installation with the same submods and i have no problem. Are you sure you have the latest version of each thing (eb 2.3, EBII_CrimsonTide_V2, etc...)? Also, contrary to this submods, mine have to be installed in /mods, not /ebii, maybe have you made a mistake at this level?

Otherwise Permanent arrows and Crimson have no files in common with Strategikos or the submods compilation, so they can be used without risk.
    Last edited by Erken; August 20, 2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: two left hands...