Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Has anyone tried to add a extra effect to the techs? Like in my case, I'm trying to add the same effect that gives a 50+ bonus to diplomacy to the wood elves faction for the Bretonnia tech age of unification. But sadly, the game freezes on start up. Does anyone know if I have to create this effect and than add it?

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Has anyone tried to add a extra effect to the techs? Like in my case, I'm trying to add the same effect that gives a 50+ bonus to diplomacy to the wood elves faction for the Bretonnia tech age of unification. But sadly, the game freezes on start up. Does anyone know if I have to create this effect and than add it?
    You should probably ask that in the campaign mao moddig section.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

This thread is mostly about unit modding but you should be able to do that with the effect_bundles_tables, I can't remember which one off the top of my head but you will find the effects for technologies in those.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    You should probably ask that in the campaign mao moddig section.
    You have a link to the section? I couldn't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    This thread is mostly about unit modding but you should be able to do that with the effect_bundles_tables, I can't remember which one off the top of my head but you will find the effects for technologies in those.
    Actually there were 2 tables I needed to edit/create the bonus, effects_tables & effects_bonus_subculture table (can't remember the exact name right now). While I was successful in getting it in game, I couldn't see the text info on it (I know, I need to find the text table and write down the info so I can see the effect ingame but I don't know where it is), and for some unknown reason, the amount of turns it takes to complete the tech got jacked up to 24 turns (the age of unification tech), plus the other techs also received this sudden increase, though if I remember correctly it was higher than 9. This...I don't know why It did that.
    Last edited by Alex647; April 23, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

I am curious to find out; what's the difference between using a rigid_model_v2 and a wsmodel? The wsmodel contains a couple of shaders, how do they differ in result, and is there any reason why you should pick the one over the other?

Thanks for this but it ain't be working for me. I double-checked and remade the process like 10 times, still crashing at loading screen.
    If I edit a already made mod with PFM, everything works fine.
    Yet, if I create my own mod throu the assembly kit, it won't work. Tested it with very simple modifications.
    It's quite annoying as I have no way to create my own mod like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceroller View Post
    Thanks for this but it ain't be working for me. I double-checked and remade the process like 10 times, still crashing at loading screen.
    If I edit a already made mod with PFM, everything works fine.
    Yet, if I create my own mod throu the assembly kit, it won't work. Tested it with very simple modifications.
    It's quite annoying as I have no way to create my own mod like this.
    I am afraind people won't be able to help you unless you explain things more into detail. There are so many things that can cause a crash, that it's impossible to guess. We can always begin with checking if your mod only contains the things your changes or other things aswell that might cause a conflict; have you changed the names of all the tables?

Hmmm, is there a way to recruit a specific unit to a certain settlement? Like, I'm making a new cavalry unit but I want to be able to recruit them only at one particular settlement (in my case the settlement is Montfort I think it's called).

Hmmm, is there a way to recruit a specific unit to a certain settlement? Like, I'm making a new cavalry unit but I want to be able to recruit them only at one particular settlement (in my case the settlement is Montfort I think it's called).
    I don't exactly know how it would work in practice, but I can give you the theory. You can designate a unit to a settlement only buildings, but you can designate unique buildings to unique settlemnts. Vanilla is filled of them, I mean you have the Blazing sun chapterhouse in Tabelheim, knights panther's chapter house in Carroburg and capital city buidings like Altdorf and Karak Eightpeaks. My suggestion would be that you find out which tables you use to designate a builidng to a unique settlement. You then create a new building for that settlment that allows for the troop type to be reruitable.

There might be another work around that isn't as exact but a whle lot simpler. If the settlement you want to recruit the unit from has a resource, set that reource building as a required building next to your regular military buildings...

Holy , I can't believe I actually did it. My first mod ever is finally out, it's it's work I am proud of: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=918080465

Thank you all for the endless stream of guidance and assistans...

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Nice one Matmannen, I love the textures
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Nice one Matmannen, I love the textures
    Thx a ton...
    Last edited by Matmannen; May 03, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

There are textures there right? The horses look new anyway

The thumbnail looks great too.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

I don't exactly know how it would work in practice, but I can give you the theory. You can designate a unit to a settlement only buildings, but you can designate unique buildings to unique settlemnts. Vanilla is filled of them, I mean you have the Blazing sun chapterhouse in Tabelheim, knights panther's chapter house in Carroburg and capital city buidings like Altdorf and Karak Eightpeaks. My suggestion would be that you find out which tables you use to designate a builidng to a unique settlement. You then create a new building for that settlment that allows for the troop type to be reruitable.

There might be another work around that isn't as exact but a whle lot simpler. If the settlement you want to recruit the unit from has a resource, set that reource building as a required building next to your regular military buildings...
    Yea I was looking at the tables for them but the I'm trying to find the master swordsmith armoury (I think that's what it's called) that's in the settlement Montfort, but I can't seem to find it on the tables. Don't know which one it couldn't be.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Try building_levels_tables the keys for buildings should be in there.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

There are textures there right? The horses look new anyway

The thumbnail looks great too.
    Are you refering to me? The horses has three versions as usual, but contrary to vanilla where all three share the same textures, only two share the same texture, while the last one is a combination of the armoured warhorse and the unarmoured one. To make it, there was alot of trial and error, let me tell you xD

Try building_levels_tables the keys for buildings should be in there.
    Ha! That was the table! Thank you Sebi! For my next attempt, I made a ROR unit for Bretonnia, I'm able to view it in custom battle but it doesn't show up in the campaign for some reason. Do you know how the ROR units work?

I don't know what you have and haven't done, but I had a quick look at the mercenary tables and this is what I came up with (but o remember that there might be things I am missing):

1. mercenary_pools_tables
    Here you create a mercenary pool, they are named things like "wh_dlc06_grn_units_of_renown_pool", you need a mercenary pool you can attach units to. (there is most likely a table where you attach mercenary pools to factions, but I haven't found it yet, but maybe if I keep looking)

2. mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions_tables
    In this table you attach a unit variant with a mercenary pool and a sub-culture. For this table, you also need a unique ID number.

3. mercenary_unit_groups_tables
    Here you add need to add the units with their max count and so on. I'm not really sure what you add to the "unit record" column, but as long as all the different keys and variants are the same, you should be good just copy pasting what ever you write in the key column, to the unit records column.

I am afraid I can't help you more then that, but just take note, when studying those tables; it's better to look at the DLC tables then the core. Technically the vampire counts "raise the dead" feature is also a mercenary mechanic, just like the regiments of renown are Therefore, the data__core table is very different from the dlc tables since it's only for raise the dead mercs...

Hope I was of help...

EDIT: You need to use the faction_to_mercenary_set_junctions_tables to pair up a faction with it's mercenary pool.
    Last edited by Matmannen; May 07, 2017 at 08:44 AM.

I don't know what you have and haven't done, but I had a quick look at the mercenary tables and this is what I came up with (but o remember that there might be things I am missing):

1. mercenary_pools_tables
    Here you create a mercenary pool, they are named things like "wh_dlc06_grn_units_of_renown_pool", you need a mercenary pool you can attach units to. (there is most likely a table where you attach mercenary pools to factions, but I haven't found it yet, but maybe if I keep looking)

2. mercenary_pool_to_groups_junctions_tables
    In this table you attach a unit variant with a mercenary pool and a sub-culture. For this table, you also need a unique ID number.

3. mercenary_unit_groups_tables
    Here you add need to add the units with their max count and so on. I'm not really sure what you add to the "unit record" column, but as long as all the different keys and variants are the same, you should be good just copy pasting what ever you write in the key column, to the unit records column.

I am afraid I can't help you more then that, but just take note, when studying those tables; it's better to look at the DLC tables then the core. Technically the vampire counts "raise the dead" feature is also a mercenary mechanic, just like the regiments of renown are Therefore, the data__core table is very different from the dlc tables since it's only for raise the dead mercs...

Hope I was of help...

EDIT: You need to use the faction_to_mercenary_set_junctions_tables to pair up a faction with it's mercenary pool.
    I appreciate the help, and off the top of my head, I can't remember if there is another table that needs to be edited (I kinda rushed through it last night), but I have edited those tables. Another thing that I keep hearing about is that it can conflict with mods that have/edit a startpos., (and that I have no idea how to edit). Isn't there also a table that edits what rank your lord needs to be in order to unlock it?