Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

I also upload the screen shot of emp_demigryph_chariot_01.rigid_model_v2 file opened in Hex Editor:
    As your retexturing guide wrote, I replace the string "chs_gorebeast" with "emp_demigryph" (keep same string length) in diffuse & specular respectively. There are 4 string folders need to be replaced for each dds file location.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HexEditor_2.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	347412

Name:	HexEditor_1.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	347413

Hello Sebidee, I'm still waiting for your response....

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Sorry, I was on holiday.

To be honest I don't know what you've done wrong, it appears you have everything right but then again I have only seen a small part of what you've done. It can be very hard to retrace your steps to find a problem and that's why it's better to prevent them in the first place.

Your best bet might be to go back to when it was working, delete everything else and start again. Go slowly and do everything exactly as said in the tutorial and as done in the steam tank mod. This happened to me a couple of times when I first started out, I made a mistake and couldn't find it. Doing it over can save you time.

Other than that it's possible that you might have missed an engines table, check the steam tank mod and make sure you have every engine related table that it used. Also you should try and find a chariot mod to learn from. Chariots could have another element too that the steam tanks don't.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Question: How do i remove the hero/lord attack sound effect?

Thank you for your help. I indeed had referred several chariot mods, the most useful one for me is Skeleton Chariots from Haradrim(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...chtext=chariot). Amazing stuff in his mod is that it is not just simply replace the map and faction sign for chariot body but also totally removed the mod part (the metal pillar of Horus Eye) by transparenting several areas in both diffuse & specular maps. I was try to copy its way to do so but Unfortunately I am unable to contact with the author so I ask another mod maker who create steam tank re-texture. He told me that I need to implement "flattern image" in GIMP to remove alpha layer and make sure that there is only one layer in dds file before I export it. I tried but still not solve my issue.

BTW can you spare some time to expand your tutorial that guide me how to create diffuse, gloss_map and normal map, are you generate those dds files based on specular file or you have to create brand-new one by yourself ? You had mentioned this in your guide but I need detail process.

Much Appreciate !

Screen Shot from Haradrim's Skeleton Chariot mod:

Name:	preview_skeleton_chariot.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	520.8 KB 
ID:	347493

Last edited by Frunk; July 31, 2017 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

I actually found a nice workaround for getting DDS files right with tools that are all open-source/free. I'm working my way through learning the tools, and I'm planning on putting up my own tutorial thread in a couple days. It should take the guesswork out of both skins and models entirely, which I know ​lots of people would appreciate, including Sebidee.
    Last edited by zombieflanders; August 01, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

Hi zombieflanders, what a surprise!

I never expect you will show in this forum. Anyway, it will be great help for new modder who is eager to learn the experience of game texture & mapping skills. I feel can't wait to see your tutorial already.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    I actually found a nice workaround for getting DDS files right with tools that are all open-source/free. I'm working my way through learning the tools, and I'm planning on putting up my own tutorial thread in a couple days. It should take the guesswork out of both skins and models entirely, which I know ​lots of people would appreciate, including Sebidee.
    Can't wait to see it's always good to have more alternatives and to mix them

Is there any way to edit animations? I understand this was possible in older TWs using animation fragments.

I've run in to an issue with a non-mounted unit that I'd like to use two pistols on, but the animation for say empire pistoleers includes some wonky horse animation so the unit looks whack when idling. Also the second pistol tends to float around on their backs, is there a way to get this to work properly?

Also I've seen some pictures in this thread with units/models using hats on different heads than normal, could someone share how they have done that?

@zombieflanders: Hello dude, Is there any news about your tutorial? Pls let me now.

Quote Originally Posted by crusader_yn View Post
    @zombieflanders: Hello dude, Is there any news about your tutorial? Pls let me now.
    I'm still trying to figure out the main tool, which is unfortunately not beginner-friendly. I know it's taking longer than expected, but lately I haven't as much free time as I thought I would.

I'm running into a strange issue and was wondering if anyone can help...I'm using Apollo's company of honour for SFO and am trying to modify (strictly for personal use) the color to brighten up the blue and red. The only modification I made was to change the RGB values of the unit_variants_colours table but the changes only show up when zoomed out from the unit i.e. the LOD renders the brighter colors but when zooming in the colors revert to the default.

Since this is just editing an existing mod rather than making one from scratch maybe the process is different and I am missing some steps. Has anyone run into this while moding uniform colors and know what could be the cause?
    Last edited by wolfshart79; August 10, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Are there any useful guides on how to mod unit abilities? In this instance, I want to create an ability call "Troll Stupidity", which triggers when the unit it is assigned to has their morale broken, with the effect being a 75% Cut in battle movement speed. What files do I need to look in to a; first of all create the ability, and b; then apply that to all the relevant units (in this instance, all Trolls?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    Are there any useful guides on how to mod unit abilities? In this instance, I want to create an ability call "Troll Stupidity", which triggers when the unit it is assigned to has their morale broken, with the effect being a 75% Cut in battle movement speed. What files do I need to look in to a; first of all create the ability, and b; then apply that to all the relevant units (in this instance, all Trolls?)

Thanks!
    You'll need a bunch, start by looking in unit_special_abilities, and use dave to look up existing abilities and find the tables they affect.
    Among the tables you may need are, but not limited to, unit_abilities, unit_abilities_to_additional_ui_effects_juncs, some or all of the special_ability_* tables.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post

Thanks!
    The abilities are augment magic, so I suggest you look up magic stuff. There is a chance you could teach yourself if you look up the magic tables, follow their structure and through some trail and error.

Does anyone know why this happens in campaign battles? It doesn't happen in custom battles. One of the ethereal skeletons on the left side turns in to a vampire lord. It's set up as a mount for the vampire lord.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aexrael View Post
    Does anyone know why this happens in campaign battles? It doesn't happen in custom battles. One of the ethereal skeletons on the left side turns in to a vampire lord. It's set up as a mount for the vampire lord.

Check the personalities tables, the one you are looking for should be called additional personalities. One of the skeleton warriors variants in a vampire lord. Or it's simply a bug...

Hello, this topic is a live ?

Why my game crashes when i'm trying add unit in custom battles after "Getting your unit into the game" step in this post ?

Icon5 Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

There is my .pack file, maybe will can someone find mistake....demigryph_grenade_launchers.rar

And another question.... is that posible fix this animation bug ?