Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    I appreciate the help, and off the top of my head, I can't remember if there is another table that needs to be edited (I kinda rushed through it last night), but I have edited those tables. Another thing that I keep hearing about is that it can conflict with mods that have/edit a startpos., (and that I have no idea how to edit). Isn't there also a table that edits what rank your lord needs to be in order to unlock it?
    Perhaps you should simply open all tables with mercenary in it. I find that oe of the best ways of learning modding is simply looking atother peoples mods. When I was first told this, I felt confused, all the tables just looked like gibberish back then. But, as I started learning modding, I can make sense of it all. If I seem patronizing,it isn't my intent; it's simply my experience then to now.

I suggest you look at Cataph's dogs of war mod for the border kingdoms; it adds regiment of renown to the three border factions another mod of his unlocks, so it should only contain the RoR stuff.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...xt=dogs+of+war

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I have seen mods that add ROR, so like Matmannen said you should download one of those and work out how it's done from there.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    Perhaps you should simply open all tables with mercenary in it. I find that oe of the best ways of learning modding is simply looking atother peoples mods. When I was first told this, I felt confused, all the tables just looked like gibberish back then. But, as I started learning modding, I can make sense of it all. If I seem patronizing,it isn't my intent; it's simply my experience then to now.

I suggest you look at Cataph's dogs of war mod for the border kingdoms; it adds regiment of renown to the three border factions another mod of his unlocks, so it should only contain the RoR stuff.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...xt=dogs+of+war
    That is so true, I've learned so much just by looking at other mods that people have made/make. And I did use his mod as a template, most of the tables I've added/edited for my mod, however, unless it's a conflict with another mod, on his page, Cataph does say that it does/would conflict with a startpos. But I'll recheck and see if I missed something.

I'm probably making a really stupid mistake here, but can somebody tell me why I only see Bretonnian stuff when I try to open the "units_variants_colours_tables" (in "data__core" from entry 1 to 3999 and in "data__br_" from entry 1 to 800)? Like, there's only Bretonnian data there from top to bottom.
    I wanted to force the Carroburg faction colours (from the Beastmen campaign) on a special unit of Greatswords for the main campaing Empire faction but I have no idea where to find them...
    Last edited by Taishō; May 08, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    I'm probably making a really stupid mistake here, but can somebody tell me why I only see Bretonnian stuff when I try to open the "units_variants_colours_tables" (in "data__core" from entry 1 to 3999 and in "data__br_" from entry 1 to 800)? Like, there's only Bretonnian data there from top to bottom.
    I wanted to force the Carroburg faction colours (from the Beastmen campaign) on a special unit of Greatswords for the main campaing Empire faction but I have no idea where to find them...
    You need to insert them yourself. But the code of your unit in the place of the bretonian unit and the code of the faction in the place of the bretonnian faction.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    You need to insert them yourself. But the code of your unit in the place of the bretonian unit and the code of the faction in the place of the bretonnian faction.
    No, I want to see the vanilla game's values for the Carroburg faction Greatswords, but I cannot find those in the vanilla data.pack file.

EDIT: I've added a screenshot of the vanilla data__core file.
    Last edited by Taishō; May 08, 2017 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    No, I want to see the vanilla game's values for the Carroburg faction Greatswords, but I cannot find those in the vanilla data.pack file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT: I've added a screenshot of the vanilla data__core file.

As I understand it, most units in the game don't actually use that table. I haven't found it, but I have concluded that there is a table that sets colours for factions generally, and as soon as you assaign a unit to that faction; the unit will get that colour scheme. I mean, where do you think the officers colour schemes come from. CA added Bretonnia to that table because their units ae supposed to look like knights that independently arm themselves, contrary to for example the Empires more uniform clothing themes.

Just look for a table that has faction or perhaps culture, along with colour in it, that should be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    As I understand it, most units in the game don't actually use that table. I haven't found it, but I have concluded that there is a table that sets colours for factions generally, and as soon as you assaign a unit to that faction; the unit will get that colour scheme. I mean, where do you think the officers colour schemes come from. CA added Bretonnia to that table because their units ae supposed to look like knights that independently arm themselves, contrary to for example the Empires more uniform clothing themes.

Just look for a table that has faction or perhaps culture, along with colour in it, that should be it.
    wow

Thank you so much, you're a genius! For future reference, it's "faction_uniform_colours_tables".

I have found the table, it's called faction_unifrom_colours_tables carroburg is on slot 34, infact, I can give you the numbers here and now.

Primary
    r: 146
    g: 38
    b: 38

Secondary
    r: 230
    g: 255
    b: 255

Tertiary
    r: 1
    g:1
    b:1

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go back and work on my Wulfheart textures.

EDIT: , posted this and sa that you found the table on your own, well done!

hey, i need some help, i want to find the table where stats like HP and combat values are for Legendary lords and Champions/heroes
    any help is very apreciated

cheers and tnx for all the good info in here

It's land_unit_tables just like all other units. The difference is that instead of the names saying things like wh_main_emp_inf_halberd, it will be wh_main_emp_cha_general_0. Other stats are found at main_unit_tables.

EDIT: The number at the end denotes mounted status, i.e 0=dismounted 1=warhorse 2=barded horse 3=pegasus 4=gryphon.

Does anyone know if there is a 2handed spear/pike animation on horseback?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a 2handed spear/pike animation on horseback?
    For the hu1 skeleton? There is one, the hexwraith animation, but you'll have to settle with hunchbacks, chewing as if they were fish and glowing eyes, ie not ideal. This is why I gave my halberd cavalry the sword and staff animation wizards use.

Basically, your options are:
    1. Don't give them 2handed polearms.
    2. Make them into possesed hunchbacks.
    3. Do what they did with chaos and give their lance cav the sword animation
    4. Give them a sword (or any other one handed waepon) in the one hand and the polearm in the other.

You could always try the bretonnian 2h sword animation, but it looks silly with anything that isn't a great sword (it works quite well for large one handed weapons like the marauders axe).

EDIT: The first mod in my signiture has screenschots of both the sword staff animation and the 2h sword animation with a 1h weapon in action.
    Last edited by Matmannen; May 09, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

What about Karl Franz's horseback animation?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

You'll get the shimmer on his weapon, but if I remember correctly, he never uses the hammer with both hands while mounted.

By the way, a question. This is a unit related question, but perhaps it should fit into the animation forum, but as skilled modders tend to frequent this furom discussion, I'll simply asked it here. I am hoping to create a mob of bigots unit holding things like tourches. For this I was imagining that I would use an animation that adds a fire effect to the very top of the weapon (abit like the warriors of dragon fire pass). The only character that exists with such an animation for the hu1 skeleton is Volkmar. This would be fixed was it not for his peksy jade gryphon that shimmers green.

Now, is there a way to remove animations such as the green shimmer from the animation tables?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I believe there is but I'm not sure how to do it myself. I have seen mods that remove shimmering effects from certain units like Grail Knights or Knights of the Blazing Sun.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

I believe there is but I'm not sure how to do it myself. I have seen mods that remove shimmering effects from certain units like Grail Knights or Knights of the Blazing Sun.

Are you sure they didn't just replace the blazing sun lance animation with the normal lance animation? I mean, that's how I would do it, but I'll take a look.

EDIT: Just took a look at the mod; it's a simple animation replacement.
    Last edited by Matmannen; May 09, 2017 at 10:56 AM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Ah, then you might be out of luck. I would imagine though that there would be some text in the animation fragment which gives that animation the shimmer. If you remove that then that could do the trick. You can open up animation fragments and edit them like variantmeshdefinitions.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Ah, then you might be out of luck. I would imagine though that there would be some text in the animation fragment which gives that animation the shimmer. If you remove that then that could do the trick. You can open up animation fragments and edit them like variantmeshdefinitions.
    I'll try that =)