Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

@Elementoar, I just saw that you inquired weather there is a great weapon's animation for hu1 models or not. And I can tell you that there surely is one, it is called hu1_bretonnian_2handed_hammer and it looks like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Shhh...

Last edited by Matmannen; January 06, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

Oh that’s perfect! Thanks! I’ll switch to using the hu1 skeleton base then.

Hi there. I keep having the same problem when I try to apply a custom made texture to models that make use of .material files. If I leave the .material files untouched and just change the texture path in the .rigid_model_v2 and .wsmodel files then in-game I just get the model with its vanilla texture, however when I also try to change the texture path in the .material files the model's texture in-game is all glitched out. Either way, the custom texture does not seem to apply... May be one of you has an idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingkuhn View Post
    Hi there. I keep having the same problem when I try to apply a custom made texture to models that make use of .material files. If I leave the .material files untouched and just change the texture path in the .rigid_model_v2 and .wsmodel files then in-game I just get the model with its vanilla texture, however when I also try to change the texture path in the .material files the model's texture in-game is all glitched out. Either way, the custom texture does not seem to apply... May be one of you has an idea why?
    The game isn't compatible with modded .wsmodels and materials. If you simply exchange the suffix .wsmodel with .rigid_model_v2, then the game will read that model direclty, and you won't hae to deal with glithed textures.

It worked! Thanks a lot

May I ask what the .material files are good for then, if the textures seem to apply just fine without them?

Also, I tried to hide the Demigryph Knight's helmet crest by applying an alpha layer on both the diffuse and the specular textures, yet a black colored crest still remains in-game. Any idea why the crest is still there?
    Last edited by Dingkuhn; January 12, 2018 at 06:53 AM.

hey im very nooby at modding but can i make dwarf chariot?I know dwarves doesnt have any mount animations so can i use like elf riding chariot animation on dwarf?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingkuhn View Post
    It worked! Thanks a lot

May I ask what the .material files are good for then, if the textures seem to apply just fine without them?

Also, I tried to hide the Demigryph Knight's helmet crest by applying an alpha layer on both the diffuse and the specular textures, yet a black colored crest still remains in-game. Any idea why the crest is still there?
    Materials tell the ws.model which textures to use.
    Additionally, all textures are not alpha compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by samba37 View Post
    hey im very nooby at modding but can i make dwarf chariot?I know dwarves doesnt have any mount animations so can i use like elf riding chariot animation on dwarf?
    You can but the dwarfes won't attack since they don't have any chariot attack animations. They'll just be standing there idealy.

Hi, i want know if is possible create a new attribute. Idea is create a attribute that increase armor of 20% that must be combinate with encourage and discipline, for assign it to officers.

ty

Quote Originally Posted by adclaw View Post
    Hi, i want know if is possible create a new attribute. Idea is create a attribute that increase armor of 20% that must be combinate with encourage and discipline, for assign it to officers.

ty
    Ok. First of, I'd like to ask you for your modding experience. Modding abilities are not a simply feat, and if you're a beginniner, I'd suggest you avoid it for now. I can mod abilites but I tought myself, and still I don't fully understand how the system works. You can assign the attributes through the attribute tables as listed in the tutorial. However, to do the extra armour, you'll need add an augment that gives the buff. Also, you can't assign those abilites to officers, only units.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    Materials tell the ws.model which textures to use.
    Additionally, all textures are not alpha compatible.
    Thanks for the helpful reply Matmannen. If the textures are not alpha compatible (like it seems to be the case here), is there some way around to obtain the same result? I notice this mod, which features the sallet helmet of the demigryph knight without any crest. The modder seems to have dealt with the problem by using custom .xml (material) and .wsmodel files. I tried to do the same with my own modified textures, but it just messes up the helmet's texture in-game.

Nah, the demigryph helmet without a gorgot and the one with a birdsbeak do not have a crest. However, I would be interested in learning how the modder removed the sun crest from the Knights of the blazing sun helmet.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Good tutorial, but something is missing in the OP I think :
    1- Nothing about AOR, if you want to restrict recruitment to a specific region
    2- What about right clicking on a unit to get the description? With the mods I tried, we usually get a "page not found".

From the modder on the blazing sun helmet in the comment section:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adopotato
    Just deleted textures in the diffuse and put a n alpha shader on which makes the parts invisible, then used the wsmodel to get the the right lod effect
    As for the demigryph helmet I was referring to the sallet with the gorget, the one in the forefront of the cover picture. I believe that Adopotato used the same trick here as with the blazing sun helmet, however I am confused about two things: (1) isn't deleting areas of the texture the same as applying an alpha shader, and if not how do I apply the shader locally (in GIMP)? And (2) I'm still unsure of what "lod effect" means here and how to adjust it via .wsmodel files.

Hi everybody,

Already, I would like to apologize for my English, I am French and I have trouble with the language of Shakespeare. Result, I help a translator to be understood a minimum, sorry if the quality is not there. ^^ '

Well, I'm exposing my problem:

I wanted to play the Averland with the Crynsos unlock'r faction mod. But the yellow and black, not top. I tried to change the colors of faction units through the table (using PFM) "faction_uniform_colours_tables". No result. I then download the mod Averland: Imperial Splendor to have a base to start. In this .pack, I have changed "faction_uniform_colours_tables" again. Nothing. I edit the .DDS files in variantmeshes (diffuse them only) and I could only change the legs in black. Sleeves (with the exception of crossbowmen, gunners who are well in black, and lancers with shields who only have shoulders in black, and sleeves in yellow.) The rest of the infantry arm fully yellow as well as the back also yellow. If it's necessary, I can provide screenshots. I also add the table for uniform colors in the mod crynsos nothing. I also noticed that shields with unique texture was not present IG. Or because the textures are crushed by Crynsos (unlikely, it only unblocks factions, and adds textures for factions that were not necessarily present, among the border principalities for example.

For the torso, in the Imperial Splendor mod, I do not see a yellow texture for what looks like sleeves, only white. Can someone help me? On the side of French forums, I have received no response for 5 days. And I'm stuck there, I do not know what else to do to finally have these units in black.

Thank you and still sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebb View Post
    Hi everybody,

Already, I would like to apologize for my English, I am French and I have trouble with the language of Shakespeare. Result, I help a translator to be understood a minimum, sorry if the quality is not there. ^^ '

Well, I'm exposing my problem:

I wanted to play the Averland with the Crynsos unlock'r faction mod. But the yellow and black, not top. I tried to change the colors of faction units through the table (using PFM) "faction_uniform_colours_tables". No result. I then download the mod Averland: Imperial Splendor to have a base to start. In this .pack, I have changed "faction_uniform_colours_tables" again. Nothing. I edit the .DDS files in variantmeshes (diffuse them only) and I could only change the legs in black. Sleeves (with the exception of crossbowmen, gunners who are well in black, and lancers with shields who only have shoulders in black, and sleeves in yellow.) The rest of the infantry arm fully yellow as well as the back also yellow. If it's necessary, I can provide screenshots. I also add the table for uniform colors in the mod crynsos nothing. I also noticed that shields with unique texture was not present IG. Or because the textures are crushed by Crynsos (unlikely, it only unblocks factions, and adds textures for factions that were not necessarily present, among the border principalities for example.

For the torso, in the Imperial Splendor mod, I do not see a yellow texture for what looks like sleeves, only white. Can someone help me? On the side of French forums, I have received no response for 5 days. And I'm stuck there, I do not know what else to do to finally have these units in black.

Thank you and still sorry for my english.
    Problem must be in specular. Check it and see if add a reflex to texture, ex in tutorial is use for give to officers golden armor. If speculare is grey, problem is mask texture, if you want that color of a part of diffuse is preserved simple open mask , select the area that you want preserved and color it of full black.black area cannot ne influenced from changes you make in factions/unit colors
    P.s. shield use a mask texture full black for preserved color and emblems. For have a better idea open warhorse mod of fortheemperor for w2 and check his custom shields for troops and errant/questing knights
    Last edited by adclaw; January 16, 2018 at 02:45 AM.

Hi adclaw,

Sorry but I did not understand very well. I look in the diffuse torso file for stats troops.

The part on the officer seems only to say how to add one. Not how he did to retexture it, or did I miss something?

If I understood correctly. If for example, I would like for a unit, its colors of uniform is different from that of the faction, I should cover the corresponding part (for example the armor) in black and add in diffuse the color that I wish to appear ? gold to use the example of the officer.

But on the contrary, I would like all units of the faction to take the colors I chose, namely black. But despite this, the clothes remain yellow in part.

I just manually pass the white / gray parts in diffuse black. I will cover the black area in mask and see if it changes something IG. But I may be wrong.

in any case, thank you for your answer adclaw.

@+

Hi,

Sorry for posting twice. There was no change, so maybe I did not quite understand what you were saying to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebb View Post
    Hi adclaw,

Sorry but I did not understand very well. I look in the diffuse torso file for stats troops.

The part on the officer seems only to say how to add one. Not how he did to retexture it, or did I miss something?

If I understood correctly. If for example, I would like for a unit, its colors of uniform is different from that of the faction, I should cover the corresponding part (for example the armor) in black and add in diffuse the color that I wish to appear ? gold to use the example of the officer.

But on the contrary, I would like all units of the faction to take the colors I chose, namely black. But despite this, the clothes remain yellow in part.

I just manually pass the white / gray parts in diffuse black. I will cover the black area in mask and see if it changes something IG. But I may be wrong.

in any case, thank you for your answer adclaw.

@+
    Ok explain better now that use keyboaRD

1) Armor black from gray, just recolor diffuse and controll that specular dont add another color reflex.
    2)recolor single unit, is possible assign specific colors to a soldier officer of a single unit, in you case arms and legs not yellow/black using a table

open unit_variants_colours_tables
    first slot, faction
    2/3/4 primary color (use gimp, use tool for take a color and read numeric valor you have for blue/green/ red in color palette)
    5/6/7 secondary color (same use gimp)
    8 soldier type , you can use 2 valours soldier (this apply these colors to all soldier of unit) officer (just to officer)
    9/10/11 third color (gimp)
    13 here you must set the name of unit , use name assigned in first slot of variant_tables

so at last you must have 9 fileds with colors, 1 field with faction, i field with name of unit, a field with type (soldier/officer), ignore all other

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

About officers! Is it possible to have a horse officer for a foot unit? I tried, I have the officer sitting on a horse. But invisible one....

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    About officers! Is it possible to have a horse officer for a foot unit? I tried, I have the officer sitting on a horse. But invisible one....
    I don't think it is possible, monted officers get their mount from the unit they are attached too.However, there is a column in the battle personalities where a mount can be attached to an officer, but I think those are war machines. I might take a look at it today...