Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

The base variantmeshdefinitions are used in other variantmeshdefinitions.

For example, there is a base mesh for Empire troops which includes their head, torso and legs. They are then used for swordsmen, spearmen, halberdiers, crossbowmen and handgunners where they are the base + the weapons of the unit.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Hello everyone.

So I've done the first part of the tutorial, but I have completely no clue what I've done wrong to make it crash when loading. I even checked if there are any spaces in certain keys, but there aren't.
    Could someone please check upon my pack file and see what I've done wrong? It would be greatly appreciated.

Link to pack file: https://www.mediafire.com/?blr8i55p6d0iuuv

Hey, back for another question:

What does the number below "unknown #3" mean in the building_units_allowed_tables and is this number relevant and does this need to correspond to anything?

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by sG-Radical View Post
    Hey, back for another question:

What does the number below "unknown #3" mean in the building_units_allowed_tables and is this number relevant and does this need to correspond to anything?
    That is explained in the tutorial. It's a unique ID number much like the unit ID's found in the main_units_tables. As far as I understand it, each building + unit will need a unique number. That mens that if you create two units that are both recruited from the same buiding, each of those will require it's own number, even though they use the same building.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yes, every row you add in building_units_allowed needs a unique number.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I still haven't been able to figure it out myself. Can anyone help please?

Just wanted to share with ya'll something I've been woring on the last three days. Basically, you don't wanne mess with these two...

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

They look really cool. Are they ogres or something? What models did you use?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Yupp, those are ogres. I used the slayer model, blew it to scale 1.95. I gave their skin the green/grey tint that was introduced in the later warhammer editions. I have added body paint, but I am still do fix the hemlets and the belts fully.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Amazing.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Those ogres look really freaking cool!<br><br>I have one last question (soft promise) before I can finish up and deliver some awesome (and balanced) units to the community. One of the several nw units that I have made was based of another mod (with the authors permission) I changed its stats to make it more balanced, I changed its textures, I changed the textures of the mount, and fixed the porthole. Its unrecognizible from what it once was, but to make sure people can load up my mod and his at the same time I have to chance the unique ID (both in land_units and buildings_allowed) and the unit key.<br><br>I did so. And I checked and checked and checked again, but now every-time I load it up and go to custom battle the game freezes and crashes as soon as I hoover over the unit card of one of the new units. Do I need to check again? Did I miss a reference somewhere somehow or am I not understanding something else?

Quote Originally Posted by sG-Radical View Post
    Those ogres look really freaking cool!<br><br>I have one last question (soft promise) before I can finish up and deliver some awesome (and balanced) units to the community. One of the several nw units that I have made was based of another mod (with the authors permission) I changed its stats to make it more balanced, I changed its textures, I changed the textures of the mount, and fixed the porthole. Its unrecognizible from what it once was, but to make sure people can load up my mod and his at the same time I have to chance the unique ID (both in land_units and buildings_allowed) and the unit key.<br><br>I did so. And I checked and checked and checked again, but now every-time I load it up and go to custom battle the game freezes and crashes as soon as I hoover over the unit card of one of the new units. Do I need to check again? Did I miss a reference somewhere somehow or am I not understanding something else?
    Do the two mods hve any shared resources such as textures or variant meshes having the same names?

No, I changed all of those and the issue also occurs when I load up just my mod and not the other as well. I ed up somehow, i just cant figure out how or where, checked all the tables again. All the keys have been replaced, unique ID's changed, keys refer to correct variantmesh names, ect.

Does anyone know the name of the variantmesh for the horse of king louen on the campaign map? I'm trying to see if I can change the model to apppear differently on the campaign map, but I can't seem to find it on the variant files.

If anyboy happens to roam past this forum feeling dry of ideas, I can show you a little nifty thing you can do with cloth type textures if you are ready to put the time into it.

Hey guys! This is going to be my first time modding, there was a mod long ago that removed the red faction colour from Greenskins, and it made the black orks metal armor look really good and give a more realistic feel to the army, unfortunately the mod is no longer available so here i am trying to learn how to do it. Ive gotten the pack file manager, and im looking at faction uniform colours, ive tried setting the 0 to zero, but it wont let me load up the game, so yea, no idea what im doing, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Could you give us a screenshot of what you are doing?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Sedibee im having a bit of an issue, i have the unit in game but when i go to add the unit to an army in custom battles the game crashes and i cant work out why, ive checked everything and all seems to be in order i just cant seem to use it in game so i can do the meshes properly, trying to create Achilles

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Have you checked the custom battles table? Is has to be some small error somewhere.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Does the game crash on start up or in the cosums battle menu when you try to select a unit? If it crashes in the costum battles menu, then the short text unit description key in land_units_tables do not corespond to a key in unit description short text tables.