Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Looks like you are using the wrong animation.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 40 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Looks like you are using the wrong animation.
    Yes, game haven't animation for pegasus rifleman, but when i set to this unit animation from pegasus knights they are looks normal but can't shoot....

Matmannen's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Acamori View Post
    Yes, game haven't animation for pegasus rifleman, but when i set to this unit animation from pegasus knights they are looks normal but can't shoot....
    That is because the ability to shoot is connected to the individual animations.

I'm currently having a problem with animation and crashing of my custom unit. I made an archer unit for the empire just so I can get used to making more. The problem is, is that the archers are in a constant T model pose in campaign land battles but work perfectly fine in custom siege battles. Can't do custom land battles as the game crashes as soon as I switch it to land battle and hover over my custom unit. Not quite sure what the problem is. I only use PFM for changing unit stats and magic stats so I am extremely new to most of these tables and not sure what I should screenshot and post Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Luma View Post
    I'm currently having a problem with animation and crashing of my custom unit. I made an archer unit for the empire just so I can get used to making more. The problem is, is that the archers are in a constant T model pose in campaign land battles but work perfectly fine in custom siege battles. Can't do custom land battles as the game crashes as soon as I switch it to land battle and hover over my custom unit. Not quite sure what the problem is. I only use PFM for changing unit stats and magic stats so I am extremely new to most of these tables and not sure what I should screenshot and post Any help would be appreciated.
    I have never had the problem of the game crashing and discriminating. I know that I have had some issues in the past where the game will either crash upon selecting the crashing unit or entering battle, though I have never tried costum sieges so I simply hadn't had the chance to try that. The reasons for crashing usually amount to putting wrong entry into animation slot in land_units, forgetting to edit the additional personalities table for chariots or forgetting a juntion table.

What's a juntion table? When you have a table that defines something that another table will use, you will need a table that connects the value of the thing with that things key. Take for example something so simple as unit descriptions. In text you add the description together with the key. In land units you will combine the key with the correct unit, but unless you also add the key to the description table in db; the game will crash because you haven't old the game that the key in land units and text denote the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    I have never had the problem of the game crashing and discriminating. I know that I have had some issues in the past where the game will either crash upon selecting the crashing unit or entering battle, though I have never tried costum sieges so I simply hadn't had the chance to try that. The reasons for crashing usually amount to putting wrong entry into animation slot in land_units, forgetting to edit the additional personalities table for chariots or forgetting a juntion table.

What's a juntion table? When you have a table that defines something that another table will use, you will need a table that connects the value of the thing with that things key. Take for example something so simple as unit descriptions. In text you add the description together with the key. In land units you will combine the key with the correct unit, but unless you also add the key to the description table in db; the game will crash because you haven't old the game that the key in land units and text denote the same thing.
    Oh, well then that brings me to this. My custom archer unit uses hu1_bretonnian_sword_and_longbow under man_animation in land_units. I also read that culture_to_battle_animation table can have an affect if the unit doesn't have the animation by default or maybe I'm misunderstanding it. I'll have a look over each table to see if I can spot any places I forgot to fill in correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Luma View Post
    Oh, well then that brings me to this. My custom archer unit uses hu1_bretonnian_sword_and_longbow under man_animation in land_units. I also read that culture_to_battle_animation table can have an affect if the unit doesn't have the animation by default or maybe I'm misunderstanding it. I'll have a look over each table to see if I can spot any places I forgot to fill in correctly.
    You missunderstand what the culture_to_battle_animation table is for. In the table all factions and animations are listed. The animations are paired up with the faction that uses it, and unless the animation is listed with the specific animation than that animation can't be use ingame for that faction. So if you want to make an Elven unit for Empire, you'll need to set the desired elf anmation with the desired faction.

By the way, I don't think that I posted this here. This tutorial has been bringing fruit upn fruit. A pinnacle of the community it is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ined-into-one)

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Fantastic as always Matmannen!
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 40 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I'll take the chance too to thanks and to credit Sebidee for all his amazing work and for putting this great tutorial together. Without you and all the others that indirectly help me with their answer i would have never be able to start modding to begin with. I have now released a mod that i consider a satisfying outcome of my modding experience for TWW1, given that it was my first try at modding feature in campaign and i'm now eager to do more. All thanks to this tutorial "from where it all started" So a big thank you Sebidee http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1132508660

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Great work Maggioriano
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Saw the mod pic and I'm already sold xD

Thanks a lot to both of you

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18