Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Warhammer Unit Modding

hi i have a question about officers. From your tutorial, i see that is possible assign to officers a different mount? So ad example for brettonia grail knights i can assign a officer that have a reiksguard mount?
    I have created officer without problem and he is show in game, but i cannot give him a different mount so he have same mount of ordinary knights.
    I have edited Battle_personalities_tables, setting in unknow 6 wh_main_emp_mnt_warhorse_barded_hero (is standard mount for imperial heros) in unknow 4 have set the same key of first colum of variants tables (set another, let game not show officer)
    i have edited too land units officers tables, setting in unknow8 wh_main_emp_mnt_warhorse_barded_hero.
    Any tips on what i am doing wrong? Need edited others tables? ty

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I'm not really sure. It may be that you aren't filling something in in the officers tables but it could also be that it does not work, sometimes it is the case that columns in PFM don't do anything. I can't say for certain though because I haven't tried myself.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

if i send you a beta of mod you can give it a eye and see if i making something wrong?

Its the best modding guide for making units I ever seen. Been using it for a while. Great job.

I have a question, is there a similar guide for making lords?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I'm not sure, I don't know of one anyway.

But half the point of this guide is to teach people the basics of using pfm. If you can make a unit with this mod then you should be able to do anything else, you just need another mod that does something similar that you can reverse engineer and figure out how it's done that way.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by adclaw View Post
    hi i have a question about officers. From your tutorial, i see that is possible assign to officers a different mount? So ad example for brettonia grail knights i can assign a officer that have a reiksguard mount?
    I have created officer without problem and he is show in game, but i cannot give him a different mount so he have same mount of ordinary knights.
    I have edited Battle_personalities_tables, setting in unknow 6 wh_main_emp_mnt_warhorse_barded_hero (is standard mount for imperial heros) in unknow 4 have set the same key of first colum of variants tables (set another, let game not show officer)
    i have edited too land units officers tables, setting in unknow8 wh_main_emp_mnt_warhorse_barded_hero.
    Any tips on what i am doing wrong? Need edited others tables? ty
    I suggest you study the mortis engine. The banshees, cairnwraiths, mounted hextwraiths, etherial graveguard and the necromancer are all officers, so there should be information within.

So I have been working on a female legendary lord, this is especially difficult because of the overall lack of resources, thankfully though all female varients share the same skeleton (hu1b). This model is far from being finished, but I think I am ready to unveil a kind of beta (if I were to be so self-congratulatory). I would very much appreciaty your feedback.

Some people might see the model as kind of sexist or shizzle like that, but basically I tried to stay true to the kind of 80s fantasy style where lingirie indeed is armour

(Also, if you are wondering for waht faction, sorry I won't tell you. I'm not ready to unveil that yet, atleast not publically. But if you are interestied in lending a hand for other models, just send me a DM)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Matmannen; June 13, 2017 at 03:14 AM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I think it looks great and very well made. Don't worry about anyone complaining I think those kinds of mods for female characters are pretty standard in fantasy games

If I absolutely must give some constructive criticism then it would be to de-saturate the hair a little to make it look more natural. But overall it looks brilliant and much better than anything I could do. I can't comment on style without knowing what faction she is for but I do like the look of the armour, especially the leather back and collar. Perhaps you could reduce the gloss on the sleeves because the level of shine is a little confusing combined with the ruffles. But I'll repeat again that I think it looks awesome, you really have a talent for texturing
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Thank you, I will definently take the criticism to heart. Also, regarding the faction. The model is made for a faction that doesn't exist on the map and is part of wrhammer lore but not tabletop. It's an imperial faction that exists in a board game connected to Warhammer Fantasy. To anyboy with a background in WHTT, I've probably said to much.

Sebidee, as far as the Uint card portion, how do you fill in the image with the background of the unit card? Im using gimp but I dont know which tools to use. I can handle it after that but Im not a pro at handling Gimp/Photoshop/Etc. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Sebidee, as far as the Uint card portion, how do you fill in the image with the background of the unit card? Im using gimp but I dont know which tools to use. I can handle it after that but Im not a pro at handling Gimp/Photoshop/Etc. lol
    In Gimp you use the tool called "clone", it's the stamp. I think you hit either alt or ctrl to choose what you will clone from.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    In Gimp you use the tool called "clone", it's the stamp. I think you hit either alt or ctrl to choose what you will clone from.
    Oh wow, I didn't even think to use that tool. I thought it was the Bucket fill tool. Thank you sir!

Is it possible to change only the color of the soldier in the units_variants_colors_table and not the shield? Like lets say you want to change the color of the Spearmen-at-Arms to blue/white but the shield stays red/blue. Or if you made a custom color set in gimp/photshop/etc. and wanted to keep that specific color on the shield. Can the hex editor do any of that?
    Last edited by Alex647; June 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

You could retexture the shield and change its colours and then remove the faction colour mask by breaking its lines in the rigid model using the hex editor. That way the shield will have no faction colour mask and will show whatever colour it is textured as.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    You could retexture the shield and change its colours and then remove the faction colour mask by breaking its lines in the rigid model using the hex editor. That way the shield will have no faction colour mask and will show whatever colour it is textured as.
    I hate to ask these rookie questions but...is there a key word or letters I can use with Ctrl + F to find it? Also, how do you break the lines?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I hate to ask these rookie questions but...is there a key word or letters I can use with Ctrl + F to find it? Also, how do you break the lines?
    In the hex editor? The masks should have mask in their name, if in doubt check to see what vanilla textures the models use and find out what the mask texture is named. To break the line just edit them and replace a letter with an X or something, the aim is to make it so that the lines in model don't correspond with any mask texture meaning that it doesn't use one.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

In the hex editor? The masks should have mask in their name, if in doubt check to see what vanilla textures the models use and find out what the mask texture is named. To break the line just edit them and replace a letter with an X or something, the aim is to make it so that the lines in model don't correspond with any mask texture meaning that it doesn't use one.
    Ok that solved half of my problem(which thank you by the way)...however, on certain shields, the background color turned white instead of the color that I was suppose to show. Is there a reason for why this happens?

Ok that solved half of my problem(which thank you by the way)...however, on certain shields, the background color turned white instead of the color that I was suppose to show. Is there a reason for why this happens?
    Nevermind...I found the issue. x.x You Sebidee are a genius!
    Thank you for the help!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yes they will be white without the mask, you need to change that colour yourself.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Wait, it's the mask.dds that did that ? I'm a ing idiot, I've blanced the colous in the diffuse so that they look good with the faction colours, menawile, all I had to do was hange the name of the mask.dds into a dds that doesn't exist xD