Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Donald Trump mentaly \ morally fit for the presidency?

Default Re: Is Donald Trump mentaly fit for the presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    You can have anger issues and still have the mental wherewithal to run a country - heck many famous figures from world history (such as Napoleon) had fits of rage. I imagine being a politician is fairly stressful. And let's not pretend Trump is immune to the pettiest feuds imaginable - shortly after accusing Obama of the greatest conspiracy since Watergate he was rattling on about The Apprentice.
    Napoleon's own actions spelled doom to himself and his country, from abandoning his troops to their own fate to, well, invading Russia. It looks like establishment is accusing Trump of having problems that establishment itself is dealing with to a much bigger extent.
    Last edited by Iskar; March 08, 2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Napoleon's own actions spelled doom to himself and his country, from abandoning his troops to their own fate to, well, invading Russia. It looks like establishment is accusing Trump of having problems that establishment itself is dealing with to a much bigger extent.
    Well yeah, I'm just making the point that a lot of famous leaders have been angry people, doesn't automatically make them unfit to rule the country, besides, if we're talking about anger-issues Trump's a ing case-study in seething resentment.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Praeses

What is this crap? Goldwater rule applies surely, unless anyone here has given Trump a psychological assessment and has permission to post the results this thread should be canned.

I hate the stupid personality attacks and mean tricks US politics entails. "you're mental and a pathological something something" "nuh uh, am not, you're mental, spaz".

Confusing a carefully constructed public persona for an actual human is media blindness of the highest order.
    Last edited by Iskar; March 08, 2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: personal reference removed
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Donald Trump did win the elections, soundly, despite the controversies. The American people didn't seem to care enough for those controversies to vote for the other side. There are those that disagree with the election system but it was there when all parties decided to run.

However, is Donald Trump mentally fit to have such a demanding job, without any experience in the public sector? I'm not discussing those controversies that the American people have faced before the elections. Each week of his presidency seems fraught with a different story about something bizarre\unconventional the POTUS did (or said he will do) or a weird meltdown. Some of the stories are indeed blown out of proportion. Some are worth to raise an eyebrow though and some are downright alarming.

The independent seems to think so, as they report "more and more psychologists" sharing the same fears. "Daily news" reports different psychologists coming to the same conclusion.
    Certainly some of his actions, reactions or non-actions seem to suggest he is at least "Temperamentally unfit" as his political opponents claimed to downright insane as some psychologists suggest.

Yet, this is not the only opinion. Despite Trump's increasing unfavorability, there are still millions that not only hope he will deliver, but agree with him, don't believe the stories (or their importance) and enthusiastically support him. A large number of people believe that president Trump is attacked unfairly by his enemies in the press (or his enemies, the press) that blow non-issues out of proportion, twist stories about his meltdowns (or other controversies) out of proportion and are generally malicious against him, preferring him (and with him, the USA) to fail than see him succeed.
    Certain articles in CNN and other media (like this CNN article) seem to cement and validate the opinion that the press wants him to fail. And if the media do want him to fail, and social media do blow things out of proportion (like this in my opinion) why should we believe that their reports about Trump's various meltdowns are true or not overly-exaggerated?
    And there are those that say, not without reason, that Trump is just playing the press using controversy to his benefit. He certainly still gets a lot of free TV time and he has saturated the electorate to his way of acting and behaving, insane or not. And while people look at a weird\insane thing Trump said or did and his supporters defend it and his detractors attack it, he draws attention away from other issues that fall in the background noise.

So, what do you people think? Is Trump a mentally unbalanced narcissist that is unfit for the highest office in the USA? Is he a brilliant strategist that uses controversy to make the world dance to his tune? Is he both? Is he none of the two?
    "Narcissism impairs his ability to see reality," said Dr. Julie Futrell, a clinical psychologist, who, of course, added a standard disclaimer because she has never actually treated Trump.
    Sigh, I already went over this in the old Donald thread, when 3 lesbian, two living together, self proclaimed feminists tried to say the same thing (this was before the incineration).

This one, graduated 3 whole years ago.

http://www.healthcare6.com/physician...l-1866647.html

So some young clinical physiologist gets to say some crap and the left wing media just eats it up. Really...

This is a good part of why I'm not posting much lately. Its getting just inane.

Oh lets look at this guy...

John D. Gartner

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...g-psychologist

Obama good Clinton good, Republicans bad.
    The Peacemaker

Former president Clinton, whose visit to North Korea won the freedom of two captured American journalists, may be the most prolific peacemaker of all time. His unique ability in this area is rooted in his psychology. Because he played the role of peacemaker in his troubled alcoholic family, it is a role he is driven to perform.
    For example. He also wrote a book on Bill Clinton.

Flip side...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...lack-curiosity

Palin is an ideologue who is not interested in varied ideas and opinions, but only the views of her church and her inner circle. She values loyalty above competence, faith above science, and she is animated by a messianic, indeed an apocalyptic Christian faith.
    Lack of intellectual curiosity

One factor former president Bill Clinton has mentioned in interviews as one of Obama's most important qualifications is his curiosity. Intellectual curiosity was one of Clinton's greatest assets as president
    Lets get more partisan people to say how they don't like Trump shall we?

Did you investigate WHO was saying these things? You can get someone to say just about anything if you ask around enough.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Did you investigate WHO was saying these things? You can get someone to say just about anything if you ask around enough.
    I very clearly stated:
    "The independent seems to think so, as they report "more and more psychologists" sharing the same fears. "Daily news" reports different psychologists coming to the same conclusion."

Did I say anywhere that they are reliable? I said who said it and for which newspaper. Whether you agree with said psychologists... is the topic of this thread. You said an opinion on them and added some interesting tidbits about how partisans they are. I would also add that no analyst I would trust would give an analysis of someone they haven't examined, but they COULD give an educated guess and say "he sounds like a narcissist".

What I did say, and you can't hide behind the lack of credentials of the partisan doctors that never saw Trump is that his actions often are erratic or temper tantrums which some of his opponents say "crazy" or "temperamentally unfit". Like Trump making a huge deal about the crowd size. Or Hamilton. Or saying things and then change his tune within 2 weeks. Or sending a second Executive order because the previous was shot down.

I also presented in the OP all sides, not just the Anti-trump one, for your information.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I very clearly stated:
    "The independent seems to think so, as they report "more and more psychologists" sharing the same fears. "Daily news" reports different psychologists coming to the same conclusion."

Did I say anywhere that they are reliable? I said who said it and for which newspaper. Whether you agree with said psychologists... is the topic of this thread. You said an opinion on them and added some interesting tidbits about how partisans they are. I would also add that no analyst I would trust would give an analysis of someone they haven't examined, but they COULD give an educated guess and say "he sounds like a narcissist".

What I did say, and you can't hide behind the lack of credentials of the partisan doctors that never saw Trump is that his actions often are erratic or temper tantrums which some of his opponents say "crazy" or "temperamentally unfit". Like Trump making a huge deal about the crowd size. Or Hamilton. Or saying things and then change his tune within 2 weeks. Or sending a second Executive order because the previous was shot down.

I also presented in the OP all sides, not just the Anti-trump one, for your information.
    Whatever. No one questioned his sanity until he was running, just like no one questioned if he was a racist, either. Its nonsense. I don't see temper tantrums or erratic behavior.

You also don't know how the system works. The worst most liberally biased court "shot down" an executive order they had no legal reason to, so they they wrote a new one that was even more iron clad. Thats how you do it. You don't like that he talks freely, a lot of people don't, that doesn't make him crazy sorry.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

If anything it's Liberals and the left wing media that is throwing the tantrum. Literally everything surrounding Trump is blown into the next dimension and there really aren't words for how ludicrous it has become.

I hardly listen to the news anymore, at least regarding Trump because I think they've shown how much their credibility is worth after this last election.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushupbrah View Post
    If anything it's Liberals and the left wing media that is throwing the tantrum. Literally everything surrounding Trump is blown into the next dimension and there really aren't words for how ludicrous it has become.

I hardly listen to the news anymore, at least regarding Trump because I think they've shown how much their credibility is worth after this last election.

Perhaps you do not understand that when the sitting President tweets that the previous President committed a crime the Press consider it a big deal.

Perhaps you do not understand that when the sitting President tweets that the previous President is bad (sick) guy the Press consider it a big deal.

Perhaps you do not understand that if there appears to be connections between the Trump campaign and Russian individuals and all of the US intelligence agencies and numerous foreign intelligence agencies believe that country was interfering in the US election the Press consider it a big deal.

I doubt very much if you ever understood the news.

I should add that the person to blame is not the so called liberal media but the great buffoon Trump who deflects attention away from himself by making himself appear even more like an idiot though in fairness that appears to be his natural state.
    Last edited by Modestus; March 09, 2017 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Perhaps you do not understand that when the sitting President tweets that the previous President committed a crime the Press consider it a big deal.

Perhaps you do not understand that when the sitting President tweets that the previous President is bad (sick) guy the Press consider it a big deal.
    I don't see how Trump acknowledging objective reality of Obama's presidency is as big of a deal as opposed to fake news agencies such as CNN blatantly refusing to acknowledge it.
    Perhaps you do not understand that if there appears to be connections between the Trump campaign and Russian individuals and all of the US intelligence agencies and numerous foreign intelligence agencies believe that country was interfering in the US election the Press consider it a big deal.
    Because claims made by rogue de-facto terrorist groups such as CIA shouldn't be taken with a bag of salt. Oh wait, CIA has a history of supporting drug cartels, terrorist groups (including the ones that killed thousands of Americans) and we just found out CIA has compromised cyber security of US and every of its allies in the biggest blunder, which is mostly ignored by the media.
    I should add that the person to blame is not the so called liberal media but the great buffoon Trump who deflects attention away from himself by making himself appear even more like an idiot though in fairness that appears to be his natural state.
    its funny, because reality is the exact opposite of what you claim, since it is media that is trying to deflect attention away from the crimes committed by establishment and its politicians by making inane accusations against Trump.

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    He is America's Kaiser Wilhelm II.
    Who is America's Chancellor von Bülow then ? Bannon ?
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Whatever. No one questioned his sanity until he was running, just like no one questioned if he was a racist, either.
    People didn't care, he wasn't in the running for the most powerful job in the world then.
    Last edited by The spartan; March 09, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    People didn't care, he wasn't in the running for the most powerful job in the world then.
    Especially since his "racism" only exists in the minds of pseudo-journalists from fake news.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Especially since his "racism" only exists in the minds of pseudo-journalists from fake news.
    Trump is "racist" in a milder, old-school Archie Bunker type of way (not full blown KKK). Sure, he probably harbors some antiquated views about those wealthy Jews, the loud-mouthed blacks, those bean-bandit Mexicans, and the funny-looking Chinamen, but he's more than happy to collect their votes and put that sleepy-eyed darkie Ben Carson into a position of power.

In either case, no one should be surprised that the media is making a gigantic stink about Trump's claims of illegal wiretapping. Even Republican Senator Lindsey Graham called it potentially the greatest scandal since Watergate if either Obama (and by extension the FBI under Comey) was guilty or if Trump (and others) fabricated the entire thing. We shall see which is which soon enough, no doubt.

My prediction is that establishment will throw intelligence groups under the bus and claim that administration at the time had nothing to do with it, just like with all the other times CIA and other similar groups leaked compromising information.

My prediction is that establishment will throw intelligence groups under the bus and claim that administration at the time had nothing to do with it, just like with all the other times CIA and other similar groups leaked compromising information.
    There's obviously world wide reaching intelligence agency branch with the (so far failed) task to take Trump. When the catpussy tape was leaked it was one thing, when it replayed over and over on mass media, including Portuguese one, on lunch and on dinner, it was easy to see something was fishy.

Because portuguese people are totally going to vote for US president.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Whatever. No one questioned his sanity until he was running, just like no one questioned if he was a racist, either. Its nonsense. I don't see temper tantrums or erratic behavior.

You also don't know how the system works. The worst most liberally biased court "shot down" an executive order they had no legal reason to, so they they wrote a new one that was even more iron clad. Thats how you do it. You don't like that he talks freely, a lot of people don't, that doesn't make him crazy sorry.
    I don't like a lot of things about him, and I don't like what he says. Not that he talks freely. That I like.

I never said crazy, I said "throwing temper tantrums and temperamentally unfit" I also said "Narcissist that seems to be swayed by flattery".
    Now, you say you don't see temper tantrums. What, exactly, you call the whole debacle with the Hamilton play? Pence the "victim" didn't complain. The president did. How would you call the whole thing with the "size matters" in inauguration day? Not that it was not blown out of proportion, mind you, but Trump could have used his easily-earned "liberty to say whatever the crap I want" your free-talking if you want to go on Camera and troll the press saying "Don't you have anything else to comment to? Do you really like talking about size so much? Why don't you talk about Rosie O'Donnell's butt size then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pushupbrah View Post

I never said the Media are NOT throwing a temper tantrum... Actually I said they do in the opening post, showing an article of CNN that the "journalist" says that Trump NOT failing is a bad thing cause he will remain popular.
    But the Media are not the POTUS. Trump is. If I was asked "Do you think CNN is temperamentally fit to be POTUS?" I would say "Nope"

I don't see how Trump acknowledging objective reality of Obama's presidency is as big of a deal as opposed to fake news agencies such as CNN blatantly refusing to acknowledge it.
    And the majority of USA citizens. And a bunch of political analysts. And the majority of educated people.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 10, 2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Meh... Doubleposting.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

And the majority of USA citizens.
    US citizens elected Trump. In fact, same demographic of minorities that gave their vote to Obama, voted for Trump. Which means they were disappointed, to say the least.
    And a bunch of political analysts. And the majority of educated people.
    Yeah, those that are working for fake news or have ties (financial or just ideological) to the previous administration.

I very clearly stated:

The American Psychiatric Association Section 7.3 of the Code of Ethics prohibits a psychiatrist from commenting on the mental health of any individual he has not actually examined, and if he has actually examined he cannot comment without their express waiver of therapist-patient confidentiality.

Psychologists have similar rules.

Trump should probably file professional ethics grievances/complaints against all of those psychiatrists and psychologists and get their licenses suspended or revoked.

I would also considering suing them.

US citizens elected Trump. In fact, same demographic of minorities that gave their vote to Obama, voted for Trump. Which means they were disappointed, to say the least.
    Trump won the electors I remind you, not the popular vote. And Hillary was running not Obama. Hillary was way less charismatic and riddled with scandals. And old news. So no, the majority of USA citizens liked Obama.

Yeah, those that are working for fake news or have ties (financial or just ideological) to the previous administration.
    You can't just label everything you disagree with as fake news and wear blinders to not see what you don't like. Well, you can, but you shouldn't.
    Do you know who do this HH? Social Justice Warriors. Do you want to retreat in a safe place where your views are not challenged and receive a warning before you hear something that may annoy you?

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    The American Psychiatric Association Section 7.3 of the Code of Ethics prohibits a psychiatrist from commenting on the mental health of any individual he has not actually examined, and if he has actually examined he cannot comment without their express waiver of therapist-patient confidentiality.

Psychologists have similar rules.

Trump should probably file professional ethics grievances/complaints against all of those psychiatrists and psychologists and get their licenses suspended or revoked.

I would also considering suing them.
    It prevents them on saying an opinion on the mental health, or prevents them from saying something as if they have performed a diagnosis? It's a different thing. Saying "I believe that man is crazy" is not the same as "This man is crazy and I say that as a licensed doctor"

Trump won the electors I remind you, not the popular vote. And Hillary was running not Obama. Hillary was way less charismatic and riddled with scandals. And old news. So no, the majority of USA citizens liked Obama.

You can't just label everything you disagree with as fake news and wear blinders to not see what you don't like. Well, you can, but you shouldn't.
    Do you know who do this HH? Social Justice Warriors. Do you want to retreat in a safe place where your views are not challenged and receive a warning before you hear something that may annoy you?

It prevents them on saying an opinion on the mental health, or prevents them from saying something as if they have performed a diagnosis? It's a different thing. Saying "I believe that man is crazy" is not the same as "This man is crazy and I say that as a licensed doctor"

The rule states that a psychiatrist shall not comment on the mental health of a public figure whom they have not personally examined.