Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Donald Trump mentaly \ morally fit for the presidency?

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Is Donald Trump mentaly fit for the presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Trump is "racist" in a milder, old-school Archie Bunker type of way

But Edith, a loving woman, was the voice of reason...
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    The rule states that a psychiatrist shall not comment on the mental health of a public figure whom they have not personally examined.
    And if they have examined they can not comment without the patient's permission. Doesn't stop anybody unlicensed from doing armchair, which most of the public sort of eats up after reading an off the shelf book feeding them the basics of the profession from a bookstore. It's hardly the only profession that runs into this issue.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Trump is "racist" in a milder, old-school Archie Bunker type of way (not full blown KKK). Sure, he probably harbors some antiquated views about those wealthy Jews, the loud-mouthed blacks, those bean-bandit Mexicans, and the funny-looking Chinamen, but he's more than happy to collect their votes and put that sleepy-eyed darkie Ben Carson into a position of power.
    Got any evidence of that? He's been pretty progressive on issues like gay marriage for years so I'd assume that'd translate to race as well. He hasn't really done anything racist.

I think most people have become used to the extreme political correct speech of the latest years and now they can't handle unfiltered language.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Especialy for those who think the so called PC speeches ( wich actualy is just comon sense) Is even Recent....
    Its actualy more is a political, and social stance. But whataver. I guess it is convenient to a certain agenda to mix things up.
    Last edited by Tiberios; March 14, 2017 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Adds nothing

He's been consistently pro-lgbt for decades and had a woman as his campaign manager. He's also appointed women to numerous positions in his government.
    Last edited by Tiberios; March 14, 2017 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Continuity

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    The rule states that a psychiatrist shall not comment on the mental health of a public figure whom they have not personally examined.

Then, they broke the law. The law is against free speech BTW, but they broke it. Is it federal law or in some states?

I believe they should be able to share opinions and also, that there should be a mental evaluation that could be made public for people that run for high offices. Else, how would the public know if they're voting for a crazy person?
    Last edited by alhoon; March 13, 2017 at 02:46 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Someone doesn't understand the nature of professional ethics.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Someone doesn't understand the nature of professional ethics.
    I am not suggesting that psychologists and psychiatrists share their patients confidential info. I just think that they should be able to say an opinion about a public person if that person is not the doctor's patience.

Not allowing a psychiatrist express an opinion on someone even though that person is not their patient is like telling an engineer to not give an opinion like "that building seems unstable to me; an earthquake would topple it!" about buildings they have not examined.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Then, they broke the law. The law is against free speech BTW, but they broke it. Is it federal law or in some states?
    It is not a law. It is a rule or guideline put out by a (private) professional organization (American Psychiatric Association). Government is absent, hence not a free speech violation.

Ok?

He's been consistently pro-lgbt for decades and had a woman as his campaign manager. He's also appointed women to numerous positions in his government.
    Consistently pro LGBT? I think you dont know what you are saying.
    One of the first things his administration did , was to pull down Their white house website. Just saying. Trump it isnt one that screems LGBT rights... I find odd your claim stating the oposite.
    And as for women, i dont think it is even a debate here. The things he said, and has been saying speak for itself.

Whataver he has women or not in his staff it is actualy irrelevant. When in the end of the day, he defends what he defends.

And you think he hasnt done or said anything racist? Im speechless.... But when in doubt just watch one of his press conferences.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 13, 2017 at 03:46 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    And you think he hasnt done or said anything racist? Im speechless...
    Trump is "the least racist person on earth", he says. Well, just observe Trump's press secretary, and how racism comes to the surface during tense situations ,Sean Spicer, Trump press secretary, confronted in Apple store
    Shree Chauhan, 33, challenged Mr Spicer as he was shopping, asking: “We have a great country. Have you helped with the Russia stuff? Are you a criminal as well? Have you committed treason too? Just like the president. Have you committed treason too? What can you tell me about Russia?”
    Mr Spicer said: "It's such a great country that allows you to be here."
    Ouch.Shree Chauhan is an American woman of brown skin,Indian heritage.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post
    Got any evidence of that? He's been pretty progressive on issues like gay marriage for years so I'd assume that'd translate to race as well. He hasn't really done anything racist.

The evidence is that in the early 1990s Trump refused to do business with an exclusive country club that had a policy of not admitting Jews or Blacks as members, he said that he would not associate with such an organization and he was able to get them to abandon their policy of discrimination.

Solid proof that he's been a racist for most of his life...

I believe they should be able to share opinions and also, that there should be a mental evaluation that could be made public for people that run for high offices. Else, how would the public know if they're voting for a crazy person?

It is a professional rule within the context of the professional licensing board, not an actual law in the sense of a fine to the government or jail-time.

They can potentially lose their license to practice psychiatric/psychological medicine, via professional discipline, they have not actually violated any laws unless states adopted such things as state law.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 14, 2017 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Double posts

Consistently pro LGBT? I think you dont know what you are saying.
    One of the first things his administration did , was to pull down Their white house website. Just saying.
    No, that did not happen. The whitehouse.gov website under Obama was archived as obamawhitehouse.gov/archive or some such. Just as Bush's was archived when Bush left office, and will happen to Trump's when he is out of office.
    This had been in the works since October, you know, when Hillary was going to win. That is, it was planned and arranged and done under Obama. It would be more accurate to say it was the last thing Obama did when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    No, that did not happen. The whitehouse.gov website under Obama was archived as obamawhitehouse.gov/archive or some such. Just as Bush's was archived when Bush left office, and will happen to Trump's when he is out of office.
    This had been in the works since October, you know, when Hillary was going to win. That is, it was planned and arranged and done under Obama. It would be more accurate to say it was the last thing Obama did when he left.
    Right it is all about procedure reasons like the recent call backs of some of the Obama policies about the issue, so you will like me to tell me as well im guessing.

A figure like Trump it aint pro LGBT im yet to see him do or say something in that direction. Much less consistently.. as if that word even applied to the man in the first place.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 14, 2017 at 03:47 PM.

Praeses

I am not suggesting that psychologists and psychiatrists share their patients confidential info.
    So you prefer uniformed opinions?

I just think that they should be able to say an opinion about a public person if that person is not the doctor's patience.
    The Goldwater Rule is an ethical standard adopted by Psychiatrists after the 1964 US presidential election where the Republican candidate Barry Goldwater was smeared in an unscrupulous fashion by having his sanity questioned by a Psychiatric journal "polling" its readership. He was an extreme conservative and almost unelectable anyway but he was smashed like no candidate for over a century. Filthy tricks like this are deplored in politics, even in the fairly unethical arena of US federal politics.

Not allowing a psychiatrist express an opinion on someone even though that person is not their patient is like telling an engineer to not give an opinion like "that building seems unstable to me; an earthquake would topple it!" about buildings they have not examined.
    Indeed, and it is unethical. Do you not see this? Its like a cop coming to your job interview and saying "that Alhoon looks like a rapist to me" when he's never met you.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Right it is all about procedure reasons like the recent call backs of some of the Obama policies about the issue, so you will like me to tell me as well im guessing.
    Probably a language barrier here (you are, I presume, not a native speaker of English), but I do not understand what you are attempting to say.

Praeses

He's the elected ruler and the disloyalty shown by his fellow citizens is as distasteful as that shown for Obama by "the other side". He may appear to be a jackass (with the tweeting and strange entourage) but he played the system and won fairly, any problems here are ones that should have been fixed before he was elected.

A system that continually throws up Clintons and Bushes is broken, this fella (for whatever reason) has a better chance of fixing it than another Bush or Clinton.

Personally I think Biden/Sanders (or vice versa) would have worked well, but maybe there's enough crazy old white dudes in the administration as it is.
    Last edited by Tiberios; March 15, 2017 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Continuity
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So you prefer uniformed opinions?
    No, but I support patient-doctor confidentiality. What I also support is candidates being submitted to examination for both physical and mental status to doctors of their choice and the results made public. If the doctors they choose are crooked and bribed, with the results open other doctors could weigh in and say "This one seems wrong! A person with X cholesterol and scoring Y in those tests is not "very well fit" for his age!" etc.

Indeed, and it is unethical. Do you not see this?
    No, I don't see it as unethical. I actually see it as my duty as an engineer to save lives. And if a person sounded like a potential criminal, especially of such magnitude as you describe, to a policeman, I believe it is his or her duty to warn the people working with the person.

Personally I think Biden/Sanders (or vice versa) would have worked well, but maybe there's enough crazy old white dudes in the administration as it is.
    And I think an old man verging on senility that has been through as much as Biden would be a bad president and I believe Sanders would have been catastrophic...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Ouch.Shree Chauhan is an American woman of brown skin,Indian heritage.
    And she is also a moron.