Thread: Why is this here?

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Why is this here?

A river with some greenery where the Sahara Desert ends. Why though? There was nothing of interest there in Rome II, so why was it purposefully put there for seemingly no reason in Attila? It can't be reach and it is always covered by fog of war unless a mod is turned on. When the camera is zoomed in, areal sounds can even be heard like with other rivers. Why?

Default Re: Why is this here?

I think its beautiful. A peaceful place. Thanks for posting.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Probably just the very same reason why there are some un-used items in DB...At the very beginning artist simply did bigger map. And not everything got into final game. You can look at map of shogun2 with huge ocean areas in some corners of map... Okay, you have may be 0,01% chance itīs hint for future attila content I will admit it. Something with very catchy name....TW: king kong...from mist of Africaīs old forest, army of apes is comming. In case it beats Alexander as new probably new expansion..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Because sahara esert ends and, there are rivers and greeneries in there.

WhatAnArtist's Avatar Foederatus

Because in reality there is greenery south of the Sahara...?

I mean, just because you can't go there doesn't mean there's no reason to not design the map so it shows what realistically would be there. It adds to the immersion, because it shows you that even though you can't go there, the world still goes on.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

It's the Niger River.

Nice to see that it exists, but as it is normally covered in Fog of War, I am certain that it was simply the work of an over zealous mapper. If someone were to tell me that they can see the geographical features of India in the Eastern corner of the map then we might have something worth discussing.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Why not?
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers