Thread: WARCRAFT: Total War [WIP] [Standalone submod for orcs vs humans (for now..!)]

Default WARCRAFT: Total War [WIP] [Standalone submod for orcs vs humans (for now..!)]

Attention: My english is not really good..

Greetings dear people!

I had recently to think about that one Warcraft mod for medieval II which unfortunetly is already dead. I always wanted to see masses of footman crushing against an ocean of wild orcs!
    And then another mod came into my mind: Orcs vs Humans: Total war
    I downloaded it, i played it for a couple of hours.. And I enjoyed, yes! But it was not exactly what I was looking for. The style is really oriented on the strategy game Warcraft I.
    But meanwhile the warcraft universe is much more. We got tons of games, books and even a movie!
    Since I am new to modding, I decided to at least change the music of the mod a little bit so that it fits more into that Warcraft III / WoW Style. I've read a tutorial and then I did it. From there on I kept changing little things..

A full list of changes:

- Changed battlemap banners for Kingdom of Azeroth
    - Added a little bit of gold to the Footman armor
    - Total revamp of the music
    - New loading screen / menu backround

And some little other things...

Now, I thought "Well, you COULD actually turn this existing mod into a new mod. A real Warcraft Total War"
    The problem is, that I have absolutely NO idea in modelling and other things I'd like to have implemented. Maybe even a new map with more than just two factions.
    Maybe even e new setting in the second or third war!

There are lots of possibilities and I really want to make this whole thing happen. But I need people who have the will and the skill to help me out with certain things like modelling.
    I also can imagine moving to the medieval II engine if enough people want to work on this. I've only chosen ROME because the mother-mod was made for it and also as I am new to modding, I thought maybe rome is easier to handle

IMPORTANT: I have NO idea who exactly made the original orcs vs humans modification and I don't know if it is actually legal or allowed to just take that as a base for something new.
    Anyways a huge THANKS to the guys who made this mod back then and I hope it is allright that I make use of it this way!

SOME PICTURES:

VERSION 0.1:

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s97i69...3/warcraft.rar

INSTALLATION:

1) Download the ZIP-File
    2) Unpack and move the warcraft-folder into your ROME folder
    3) Rename the warcraft folder to "oh" (Without the quote symbols!)
    4) Open your steam and open starting options for ROME
    5) Type in: "-show_err -mod:oh" (WITHOUT THE QUOTE SYMBOLS!)

Enjoy!

Please discuss this, share your ideas and if you have any interest in working on this ---> PM me!
    Last edited by King of Stormwind; March 24, 2017 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: WARCRAFT: Total War [WIP] [Standalone submod for orcs vs humans (for now..!)]

[PLACEHOLDER]
    Last edited by King of Stormwind; March 24, 2017 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: WARCRAFT: Total War [WIP] [Standalone submod for orcs vs humans (for now..!)]

There is another warcraft mod in development by 1 person.
    Here is the link if you are interested.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=Azeroth

Sadly that mod seems to be dead as well... There is no hope left for us warcraft-fans