Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What missing factions would you like to see in BC?

Albator's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: What missing factions would you like to see in BC?

New Pack MTW2 with 400 regions, unlimited units! CA, remove hardcoded limits in Medieval 2 Total War....................................................................................................................it's a joke!

Maybe one day...my dream come true!

That's the problem! The number max of unit in the Export_descr_unit : max is 499, in BC 2.4.2 is 493?!
    6 new units aren't enough for 4 or 5 new factions...
    I just wanted to get back out on the road again to the modding with tutorials. it's been a while...i'm a little rusty.
    I want to get it right. It's not a hard work, but it takes time. to change the battle_models, to modify all data, step by step, just a small error or keystroke error. -->bug (always make backups!)
    At moment, I haven't got time to create a new mod or sub mod,...but is so exciting the modding!
    I want a big map in the Levant (size, great distance as the mod In Nomine Dei) but with Greece to Bagdad and to Crimea to Yemen. add over 100 historical castles.
    Any big map doesn't satisfy me, Crusades map kingdoms, l'Outremer map, Alexandros map by Gigantus, or Ind map (too short),...

Thanks for the Links!
    Good continuation in your passion, your submod and better greetings.

How about Tibetan kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolen View Post
    How about Tibetan kingdom?
    This addition is for so long one my dreams for the campaing of Broken Crescent. Altough, it would be necessary to add at least two new regions in Tibet, and besides the only Tibetan kingdom which would fit well in the historical frame and the map of the mod would be the kingdom of Guge which historically received many buddhists refugees who fled from the destruction of their temples by the Ghaznavids and the Ghurids, bringing with them many sacres buddhist texts.

HASASHIN ISMAILI STATES

Mordva Erzya Moksha from Rusichi Mongol Invasion.

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

Hazaraspids.Fits the timelime and native Iranian faction.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to see the famous Assassins, or Hashashin, appearing in the game. Based at Alamut castle in the Alborz mountains of northern Iran, they famously assassinated their way to notoriety in the medieval middle east, including the killing of a Crusader Prince, as well as sending an assassin who successfully reached the tent of Saladin himself and left a poisoned blade as a warning. By the 13th century, they controlled a whole network of fortresses across Persia and into northern Syria.

On a political level they are important, as they represent a faction of the Shia faith. The Shia had just lost both Baghdad and Cairo, two of the most important cities in Islam, with the demise of the Shia Buyids in Persia and Baghdad in the 11th century and the overthrow of Shia Fatimid Egypt by Saladin in the 12th century. As a result, the Assassins were part of the Ishmaeli sect of Shia Islam which was fighting back against these defeats. Can you turn the tide, and reclaim Persia, Baghdad and Egypt for the Shia?

It would be an awesome campaign and add a significant political/religious element to the campaign, imo. Also, Iran needs more native factions more than any other part of the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Miles

I know this may be going off topic but on the religion part of this mod I think there should be a larger percentage of the Ayyubid population being Eastern Christian as Egypt had a christian majority population even after the Arab conquests until the 14th century.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPerson2000 View Post
    I know this may be going off topic but on the religion part of this mod I think there should be a larger percentage of the Ayyubid population being Eastern Christian as Egypt had a christian majority population even after the Arab conquests until the 14th century.
    Hello! Egypt was christian majority until 10th century, but then in northern provinces they regressed until reaching 25% of the population and even less in the 12th century.
    In BC, southern Egypt is still in majority christian, like it was still in history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12