Thread: Europa Perdita and diplomatic and raziong options mods

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Default Europa Perdita and diplomatic and raziong options mods

Does a No Razing/Migration mod conflict with diplomacy in EP or EP in general?

I'm running NickNaughty's mod No Migrating/Ai Razing except for Huns and it works together but it seems that AI is behaving more like vanilla again and I havn't seen a disease outbreak yet, but It could just be this specific campaign.

Any plans of maybe making this into a submod?

My dream would be the all diplomatic options mod from Dresden but no (or even less) Razing and Migrating except for Huns and maybe some options that range in between. Only a suggestion of course, but I think would help for some world policing on a less desolate map.

Thanks for the great work, I am enjoying it a lot.

Default Re: Europa Perdita and diplomatic and raziong options mods

Well, NickNaughty's mod does conflict, because he didn't rename the tables. Indeed the issue with no disease outbreaks is probably because of that. If you know exactly which entries he changed in campaign_variables, you could make a table fragment with just those - that would stop the worst conflicts. Really he should've made his mod that way in the first place. There's no reason to include the whole campaign_variables table in any mod, since you can't actually delete entries from that table. Anyway, if you made that change, the only conflict would be in how likely factions are to take certain occupation options - which is the point of his mod, so not really a conflict. So if you made that change or if he did, there would be no reason really to make a submod like this for EP.

Dresden's all diplomatic options mod should work fine alongside EP though.

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

I guess I'll just play without the AI Razing option mod because I'm still stuck at M2TW editing text files level of modding. As I understand EP changes a lot in this direction already so I'll just trust in your good judgement instead of unbalancing the game with my bad modding. And you probably have good reasons for keeping it in (I think its a great feature too but it can sometimes ruin a great campaign).

Its the only problem I had in an otherwise great campaign. Playing as Burgundar, with a almost inpenetrable roman wall on the other side of rhine (really great, so much better for immersion and they still held key regions in 410) with disease and civil unrest punishing me for overexpansion and economic/military focus everything was just as should be but around 410 AD all my neighbours started migrating and running into the meat grinder of the roman armies leaving back a desolate germany and much less factions. Some with no apparent threat or other reason to do so as far as I could see.

I guess its part of a bigger balancing question and probably by itself already pretty complicated, but still IMO it would be great to see some empires building up from their capital instead of migrating especially in Northern europe (if possible by making the decision for these factions more unattractive and for some some even out of the question).

Yeah, I might make it less likely for some factions to migrate. The way that NickNaughty's mod works is that he sets the probability of a faction deciding to migrate to 0, so I might just lower it in EP - not remove it entirely, but make it less likely.