Thread: Does SS Enforce Historically Correct Formation/Dissolution of Empires?

Default Does SS Enforce Historically Correct Formation/Dissolution of Empires?

Hello!

I reinstailled SS because I was wanted to do a 1400s/1500s campaign with either an Italian Faction or the Byzantine Empire that never fell. My plan is to simply ride out the the 1200s and 1300s until gunpowder is discovered and renaissance troops start appearing then start an empire from there.

However I have a few questions. Since this game's late campaign starts in I believe 1220, the Byzantine Empire is still around and Spain is still divided between Castille and Aragon as well as many other things which reflect 13th century Europe. Does SS enforce historically accurate faction changes? Meaning, at a certain year will Castille/Aragon unite to create Spain? Will the Byzantine Empire fall as they did in real life, and will Florence arise as a power faction in Italy by the 1400s? I don't know how Medieval II works, but many games I have played have an option to basically forgo historical accuracy and let anything happen, meaning Britain could be conquered by a massive Mongol empire in 1666 and many other crazy things, or you can stick to historical accuracy and historical events happen when they actually happened. Empires fall when they actually fell, empires rise when they actually rose, etc. Does SS enforce this, or is this something that's completely out of the capability of scripting and/or Medieval II's engine?

Default Re: Does SS Enforce Historically Correct Formation/Dissolution of Empires?

no it doesnt, it's kinda random

what you can do is play in hotseat mode where you can change factions at any given time and set the world as you want it to be

so just play till 1400s with let's say France, then give france faction to the AI and take control of Castille/Aragon and unite it all under one banner then change faction and play with byzantines or whatever you want, or just play with lots of faction at the same time, just keep in mind that you cant do a battle between 2 player controled factions, game will crash when you choose autoresolve or fight battle
    so it's better to not control more than 1 faction for long amounts of time

SS reinforces technology progress tho, no plate units in early middle ages or anything like that

to take or give control of a faction just open console and type "control faction_name", example: control france or control spain, then if you already control france just type it again and the AI will take control of it

also "toggle_fow" to remove fog of war, type it again to have it back, sometimes you have to type it several times to take effect