As some of you know, I am quite a fan of challenge campaigns and as I am nearing the close of 100% global domination with no gunpowder units as Maratha, I am looking for a new challenge.

Thanks to a recent success against Steam's anti-travel policies which prevented me from purchasing the game and using mods as an overseas worker, I am finally able to dabble with mods.

I would like to find a mod which has enough added units to make a fun and varied playthrough. I was excited to see dahomey amazons for the first time (might be fun if there were some other female units and run an all female army), although I wasn't permitted to use them under the conditions of my campaign. I had been considering trying out Russia with their Streltsy halberd militia and the Tatar and armenian archer cav, but I am worried about the small unit sizes and incredibly poor morale. I am doing ok with my Hindu warriors, but they can at least roll with some pretty hardcore soldiers. Not much chance of that working out with those cav.

And the limit of 60 men on those native archers compared to the 120 for line is brutal. I thought that they used to have a range of 100 or something at least... They still have their uses, but they are not fun to use and I cannot see the logic of having 120 man warrior units with 60 men archers.

Are there any mods that could allow some fun and interesting play with a difficult faction that have more than 2 or 3 units available with no gunpowder?

I am guessing imperial splendour and maybe something else. Can't seem to find a clear unit roster for the mods these days.