Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Default ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

Hi everyone!
    This is the new suggestions thread of ROP v3.0

I so did it because the old one was outdated and was mantained by the former leader and original creator of the mod, Nero666.
    This one will be runned by me and so to use it as a platform of conversation with the fans about ideas and opinions about certain
    aspects of the development of the mod. With my new schedule i hope to work more on ROP.

My first question to the fans is at follows. Do you want all factions to start neutral with one another or do you want them with historical
    alliances and conflicts?
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; March 02, 2017 at 04:42 AM.

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

historical alliances definitely. and conflicts too. I would like the mod to be really historical.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

How will ai persia rise if not at war with medes and medes allied to lydia and so on?
    But only the main alliances are neccesary, to lead the campaign in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    How will ai persia rise if not at war with medes and medes allied to lydia and so on?
    But only the main alliances are neccesary, to lead the campaign in the right direction.
    They can start with an alliance, but with negative disposition to one another, so that eventually they will break alliance. Of course that must be tested first.

I think negative disposition is the key. RTW diplomacy will betray itself anyways, and since the medians are allied to Lydia, the most likely expansion will be via media through Lydia (as happened historically). Then the closest power would be babylon and then Egypt which happened later. Alliances play out nicely in my opinion, and it is historical

It is nice to see there is progress in this mod.I am wait soo much for this.This mod probably only proper persia mod around here.

Blog Entries

Default Mercenary System in ROP3

The majority of mods mercenary units are simply just regular units that you can get by recruiting in the mercenary pull but with an higher price.
    So i was thinking on adding a unique system to the mercenaries in ROP3.

I would duplicate on those mercenaries that can be recruited normally in cities, but to differienciate i would put a small sign in their unit card, to show that their mercenaries, like an "M" on the upper right of the card. The differences between mercenaries and those that can be made on cities would be as follows; of course higher price to buy them, but they would have zero upkeep. To counter this they would have less soldiers in their unit and less morale, because they are only loyal to coin.

I think this would add an unique system to the game. What do you think?

I personally feel that the mercenaries should be left as they are, because they also represent allies. In Greece, one hoplite unit merc can represent an alliance with another city state. What I feel would be good would be to do something similar to the M2tw americas campaign. If you are allied with say Macedon, it would be cool if you could find macedonian cavalry in the merc roster. If they are a vassal, it would be cooler if you could even find companion cavalry. This represents a satrapy/ally a bit better I feel. Also, this type of thing did happen, as Cyrus the younger (allied with Sparta) got spartan allies to fight at Kunaxa against the legitimate persian king. My idea is if allied=get average units, but if vassaled=get elite units from the merc pool. I personally feel zero upkeep is just a bit too non-mercenary like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    I personally feel that the mercenaries should be left as they are, because they also represent allies. In Greece, one hoplite unit merc can represent an alliance with another city state. What I feel would be good would be to do something similar to the M2tw americas campaign. If you are allied with say Macedon, it would be cool if you could find macedonian cavalry in the merc roster. If they are a vassal, it would be cooler if you could even find companion cavalry. This represents a satrapy/ally a bit better I feel. Also, this type of thing did happen, as Cyrus the younger (allied with Sparta) got spartan allies to fight at Kunaxa against the legitimate persian king. My idea is if allied=get average units, but if vassaled=get elite units from the merc pool. I personally feel zero upkeep is just a bit too non-mercenary like.
    I believe that's a feature that can't be applied on Rome Total War.

Oh, that is a shame, I remember allying with the Tlaxcalans as Spain and getting a whole stack of mercs on the field. Anyways, I personally prefer to keep the same units as mercs for both rosters and the merc pool because it is easily replenishable and it is fun too, but you decide.

Could you add the roman kingdom? Seems like a waste not to include it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koopinator View Post
    Could you add the roman kingdom? Seems like a waste not to include it.
    The 6th century BC is the hight point of Etruscan Military power, and also the beginning of their rivalry with Syracuse, so i will be focuss in putting them.

Will the etruscans have the roster shown before and what will Syracuse have? I have heard that the Syracusan cavalry was better than the average Greek cav but obviously less elite than Macedonian cav. Will they be similar to Taras?

Blog Entries

Will the etruscans have the roster shown before and what will Syracuse have? I have heard that the Syracusan cavalry was better than the average Greek cav but obviously less elite than Macedonian cav. Will they be similar to Taras?
    Will be restructuring the rosters, so i can't say for sure; but will try to have it similar.

Icon3 Re: ROP v3.0 Suggestions Thread

I'm working on a new map for my Alexander the Great mod; You could use it for ROP 3 if you want

Looking for a campaign map for your mod? Choose your engine: M2TW RTW
    Al
    so,
    I
    collect
    mNSTER canz
    :

Blog Entries

Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't have the part of italy i want and i have already a map for the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxRazor.GodxXxXx View Post
    I'm working on a new map for my Alexander the Great mod; You could use it for ROP 3 if you want

I just thought of a great idea. Is it possible to give spies the potential to be a monarchist/oligarchist/democrat. They will work like noblemen (I think) in Rome 2, or dignitaries, whatever they are. Another thing, I think it would be best if the level 3 spy or the highest level spy building gives them these traits, or else they become too OP. So what I propose is to get a high level spy to not only have the ability to infiltrate foreign settlements, but also to convince the populace to like a different government system. This will make spies highly strategic. Say, if you are not at war with a faction, you can create so much unrest in their territories that will wreak havoc, leading to you getting a chance to capture their cities easily. I think this should be implemented for the highest level spies only, but this idea sounds really fun to me. The spies will act as supporters of your regime in your empire and enemies of foreign regimes. A faulty spy can even cause you trouble if he is not supporting your regime. Please try and implement this if possible. It would give a lot more meaning to spies. A similar thing happened in Corcyra, when the Corinthians captured some nobles in battle, and released them. They were oligarchic. They managed to destroy the democratic regime in favour of a oligarchic one, leading to their future alliance with Corinth and Sparta.

Also, will there eventually be any historical battles in the mod?
    Here are my suggestions: Battle of Marathon (Athens vs Persia)
    Battle of Plataea (Athens+Sparta vs Persia)
    Battle of Mycale (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Pteria (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Thymbra (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Opis (Babylon vs Persia)
    Siege of Sardis (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Pelusium (Egypt vs Persia)
    Un-named battle where Cyrus lost his life (Massagetae vs Persia)
    Battle of Halys (Lydia vs Media)
    Battle of Sepeia (Sparta vs Argos/Rebels)
    Battle of the Persian Border (Persia vs Media)
    Battle of Carchemish (Egypt vs Babylon)
    Siege of Naxos (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Malene (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Hyrba (Media vs Persia)
    Last edited by Argive Strategos; April 08, 2017 at 01:47 PM.

What i really miss about rise of persia is the "no provincial borders" thing. In RTW i found it satisfying to watch my empire gain more and more provinces. (Not saying i dislike it though)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koopinator View Post
    What i really miss about rise of persia is the "no provincial borders" thing. In RTW i found it satisfying to watch my empire gain more and more provinces. (Not saying i dislike it though)
    I'm actually torned between adding the different color to regions or let all be the same color. I have already changed all factions secondary colors so that regions can be seen, but i don't know if i should let that be or let out it was.

Blog Entries

I just thought of a great idea. Is it possible to give spies the potential to be a monarchist/oligarchist/democrat. They will work like noblemen (I think) in Rome 2, or dignitaries, whatever they are. Another thing, I think it would be best if the level 3 spy or the highest level spy building gives them these traits, or else they become too OP. So what I propose is to get a high level spy to not only have the ability to infiltrate foreign settlements, but also to convince the populace to like a different government system. This will make spies highly strategic. Say, if you are not at war with a faction, you can create so much unrest in their territories that will wreak havoc, leading to you getting a chance to capture their cities easily. I think this should be implemented for the highest level spies only, but this idea sounds really fun to me. The spies will act as supporters of your regime in your empire and enemies of foreign regimes. A faulty spy can even cause you trouble if he is not supporting your regime. Please try and implement this if possible. It would give a lot more meaning to spies. A similar thing happened in Corcyra, when the Corinthians captured some nobles in battle, and released them. They were oligarchic. They managed to destroy the democratic regime in favour of a oligarchic one, leading to their future alliance with Corinth and Sparta.

Also, will there eventually be any historical battles in the mod?
    Here are my suggestions: Battle of Marathon (Athens vs Persia)
    Battle of Plataea (Athens+Sparta vs Persia)
    Battle of Mycale (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Pteria (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Thymbra (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Opis (Babylon vs Persia)
    Siege of Sardis (Lydia vs Persia)
    Battle of Pelusium (Egypt vs Persia)
    Un-named battle where Cyrus lost his life (Massagetae vs Persia)
    Battle of Halys (Lydia vs Media)
    Battle of Sepeia (Sparta vs Argos/Rebels)
    Battle of the Persian Border (Persia vs Media)
    Battle of Carchemish (Egypt vs Babylon)
    Siege of Naxos (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Malene (Ionia vs Persia)
    Battle of Hyrba (Media vs Persia)
    I would love to have historical battles, altough i never tried to do them, nor know how to do them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast