Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay

Wait so the Empire most widely criticized for tampering with other nations' sovereignty through the past century is now crying, that its own elections have been "influenced" by the Russians? Hysterical, and go Bears if true!
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 04, 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: added content
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay

Tangent on the wiretapping allegations split off. Please stay on topic and create appropriate threads for separate issues.

Thank you.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Trump himself met the Russian Ambassador last April, while denying he did so.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...011859349.html

"White House officials described the encounter as brief and non-substantive, saying that Trump only attended the reception for five minutes and that multiple foreign ambassadors were present."

While I believe the above to be true, Trump SHOULD have mentioned it when asked instead of denying it at the time. He could say "Yeah, I met with the Russian ambassador for 5 minutes. I also met dozens of others. What's the big deal?"
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Trump to Tap Huntsman as Ambassador to Russia

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...sia-1489039446

So much for the Putin puppet at this point.

Huntsman is a worthless Russophobe and Trump blew up for good peaceful relations with Russia. ing Neocons won this one and will get the US into a nuclear holocaust. Well deserved. Especially for the libtards that followed their lies.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Did anyone really think the issues between the US and Russia like Ukraine, Syria, nuclear rearmament, violation of middle treaties, and the hacking scandals were just going to go away and America and Russia be best friends?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Half of those are fake issues, so yeah. The main issue here is that the US is a full dystopia that won't be fixed until its elite is eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Half of those are fake issues, so yeah. The main issue here is that the US is a full dystopia that won't be fixed until its elite is eliminated.
    I hope no-one sincerely believed Trump would do that, he's a millionaire/reality TV star, not Lenin.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    I hope no-one sincerely believed Trump would do that, he's a millionaire/reality TV star, not Lenin.
    I'd expect him to stand up to the nonsensical anti-Russian agenda. If he can't do that, then yeah you are going to need someone to go Lenin on your elite, before they drive mankind into a nuclear war.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Trump and his merry band of corporate elites are just the people for the job
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

In other "I can't believe it's not the establishment" news: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7620821.html

Yeah, that'll show 'em. Won't be killing any blasphemers now will ya'?
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Trump and his merry band of corporate elites are just the people for the job
    Democrats just had a DNC chair election that confirmed the party is completely run by corporate shills. Not really in the position to criticize anyone.

On the other side, Amazon, Google and Apple are rather active in the anti-Trump agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    In other "I can't believe it's not the establishment" news: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7620821.html

Yeah, that'll show 'em. Won't be killing any blasphemers now will ya'?
    Kind of off topic but yeah I don't like that either.

Let's get on topic and see:

Sberbank confirms hiring Podesta group for lobbying in its interests.

http://tass.com/economy/934699
    Of course you won't see CNN, NY Times, Wapo, McMullin, McCain, Olbermann and all those pushing for the Russia-Trump conspiracy talking about this. ing liars and hypocrites to the end.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; March 09, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Democrats just had a DNC chair election that confirmed the party is completely run by corporate shills. Not really in the position to criticize anyone.

On the other side, Amazon, Google and Apple are rather active in the anti-Trump agenda.
    Soooooo what you're saying is that Trump is exactly the same as the other party and won't change a damn thing?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

The Republican party certainly is. And that's why every single one of their preferred candidates, Cruz, Rubio and Jeb were squashed. Let's be clear, the Republican party is a bunch of losers that had pretty much accepted their status as opposition party for another 8 years. The best they could come up for 2015 was copying Democrats identity politics narrative and push for a stooge with a Spanish surname hoping to fool Hispanics that ''Republicans are on their side''. Then they got trumped, they actually sabotaged Trump's run and he won anyway.
    Most people forgot this and focused on the Democrats defeat, but Republicans are just as bad. They hardly stand for anything at all anymore and Paul Ryan is the clearest example of this. Their party is overrun by corporates from the fossil fuel industry, busy on climate change denial and that's the only reason they finally went with Trump, and Evangelicals whose main concern is teaching creationism in schools.
    Democrats are run by the Silicon Valley primarily, Wall Street, and then all the catering brands like McDonalds, Starbucks and similar and have found out that pretending to care about minorities and pushing for white guilt is enough to secure control of a sizeable voting base.

I get that Trump has to work with a Republican dominated Congress and Senate hence give them concessions on their stupid agendas, but foreign policy is one of those he really should be adamant on no more stupidity.

The Republican party certainly is. And that's why every single one of their preferred candidates, Cruz, Rubio and Jeb were squashed. Let's be clear, the Republican party is a bunch of losers that had pretty much accepted their status as opposition party for another 8 years. The best they could come up for 2015 was copying Democrats identity politics narrative and push for a stooge with a Spanish surname hoping to fool Hispanics that ''Republicans are on their side''. Then they got trumped, they actually sabotaged Trump's run and he won anyway.
    Most people forgot this and focused on the Democrats defeat, but Republicans are just as bad. They hardly stand for anything at all anymore and Paul Ryan is the clearest example of this. Their party is overrun by corporates from the fossil fuel industry, busy on climate change denial and that's the only reason they finally went with Trump, and Evangelicals whose main concern is teaching creationism in schools.
    Democrats are run by the Silicon Valley primarily, Wall Street, and then all the catering brands like McDonalds, Starbucks and similar and have found out that pretending to care about minorities and pushing for white guilt is enough to secure control of a sizeable voting base.

I get that Trump has to work with a Republican dominated Congress and Senate hence give them concessions on their stupid agendas, but foreign policy is one of those he really should be adamant on no more stupidity.
    The ambassador doesn't really matter though, he's just a mouthpiece and unimportant as far as policy's concerned. Possibly the russophobe was put there because Trump thought he was a "tough guy".

Let's wait and see.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

ing Neocons won this one and will get the US into a nuclear holocaust. Well deserved. Especially for the libtards that followed their lies.
    So the only options are friendly relations with Russia or nuclear holocaust?

Let's tone it down a bit. There can be a legitimate debate about policy changes like lessening the sanctions on Russia or even reorienting to a more friendly foreign policy towards Russia (I don't agree with either but that's my opinion), but if your main justification for these policies is "le nuclear holocaust" then that isn't encouraging.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post

Let's tone it down a bit. There can be a legitimate debate about policy changes like lessening the sanctions on Russia or even reorienting to a more friendly foreign policy towards Russia (I don't agree with either but that's my opinion), but if your main justification for these policies is "le nuclear holocaust" then that isn't encouraging.
    Thank HRC campaign for that line of thought. HRC campaign was the whole time "Trump is Putin's Puppet" "Trump will anger Putin leading to Nuclear war" "Trump bizarre friendship with Russia" doublethinks.
    Even I could be considered a russian hacker on steroids by HRC standards in its most hysterical time.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Thank HRC campaign for that line of thought. HRC campaign was the whole time "Trump is Putin's Puppet" "Trump will anger Putin leading to Nuclear war" "Trump bizarre friendship with Russia" doublethinks.
    Even I could be considered a russian hacker on steroids by HRC standards in its most hysterical time.
    I should thank Hillary Clinton for Basil's opinions? Not sure how this is relevant. I'll let Basil respond for himself.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post

The only world conceived by Neocons/Liberal interventionist is one that everyone is an American puppet. And yes, they showed abundantly that their only alternative to that is war.

Meanwhile Vault 7 revelations from Wikileaks showed CIA has a method (UMBRAGE) to hack things and make it look like the Russian did it.
    So much for the Russian hacks story. It was the CIA all along.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/#FAQ

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Trump's Wiretapping Allegations

Love when people say 'Trump has no evidence' despite having the same lack of evidence that Russia 'influenced' the election...

Terrible.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Love when people say 'Trump has no evidence' despite having the same lack of evidence that Russia 'influenced' the election...

Terrible.
    Oh no evidence?

. Seems like there's evidence for all of his close team members and campaigners having ties to Russia. Strange that?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 12, 2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Adjusted.