Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Praeses

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Canada isn't hiding. Try not to get too carried away with this storyline.
    The sort of spin, amounting to misreporting of basic facts, is a real problem with the US media. This idiot shoots animals all the time, reporting that he's "in hiding" is malign nonsense. It was disgusting when FOX smeared Obama all week every week, and this aspect of the criticism of Trump is even more sustained.

I still don't understand why Don Jnr hasn't been charged, are they letting the SoL run out on this one because he's the president's son?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The sort of spin, amounting to misreporting of basic facts, is a real problem with the US media. This idiot shoots animals all the time, reporting that he's "in hiding" is malign nonsense. It was disgusting when FOX smeared Obama all week every week, and this aspect of the criticism of Trump is even more sustained.

I still don't understand why Don Jnr hasn't been charged, are they letting the SoL run out on this one because he's the president's son?
    The theory on why none of the three oldest Trump children have been targeted yet (despite the fact they are all legitimate targets in this investigation) is because the second they publicly indict them Trump will order the AG (now Barr) to end the investigation and if it DOES happen will get interesting. Either Trump pardons them (which is obviously a no-go) or goes nuclear (hopefully in a metaphorical sense).

I honestly think that the indictments have already been sealed based on the reporting going on in DC. Rumors (I know, I know) of potentially dozens of them are ready to go. Which means they have ALREADY been seen as good enough for trial for a grand jury. And even if Mueller gets fired, for whatever reason, there is nothing stopping them from being released since they were signed off under the Sessions/Rosenstein era of the investigation.

I don't pretend to know what Mueller is doing, though. I'm confident that someone with his track record (despite the beliefs of people here on this site towards him) has thought of possible outcomes including him not being around.

--------------------------------

Now onto the fun news...Nick Ayers (current Chief of Staff to Pence) has turned down the offer of chief of staff for Trump. Anyone that knows the executive branch knows that position is a HUGE deal to be offered.

But not only that, he is resigning his current job and heading back home to Georgia. He claims it is basically to spend time with his family but...let's be honest he probably knows a lot more about what is going on and wants nothing to do with it.

I mean...who'd want to throw away their life and career for a rotten sack of mayo like Trump?
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 10, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Indictments aren't magical things at the federal level. They actually have to convince a grand jury. And...well...meh. At that point, TDK's conspiracy theory aside, who the frak knows.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

Exactly. It's not like the indictments are handed out like candy willy-nilly. They have to have evidence behind their issuance.

Which is where all the conspiracies fall apart, no matter how much the Trump cultists whine like children over how "unfair" the legal process is.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Praeses

Indictments aren't magical things at the federal level. They actually have to convince a grand jury. And...well...meh. At that point, TDK's conspiracy theory aside, who the frak knows.
    Well (as I have often proved) I'm pretty ignorant of the process here, but my uniformed view is that Don Jr's case is a slam dunk. The evidence he tweeted against himself is a freely issued guilty plea to collusion. I've discussed this with a lawyer relative and its probable if I tweeted that in my country I'd be in gaol now, case closed.

Why the delay? I assume its part of the fishing expedition, hoping to catch the father on the son's hook.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Blog Entries

Well (as I have often proved) I'm pretty ignorant of the process here, but my uniformed view is that Don Jr's case is a slam dunk. The evidence he tweeted against himself is a freely issued guilty plea to collusion. I've discussed this with a lawyer relative and its probable if I tweeted that in my country I'd be in gaol now, case closed.

Why the delay? I assume its part of the fishing expedition, hoping to catch the father on the son's hook.
    Again I think it's a safe assumption to wait until all the cards in place. I would imagine that indicting even a single one of his children (including the one whom he is obviously physically attracted to) MIGHT be a red line that should be crossed near the end when they are certain they can afford to lose Mueller to a firing.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

The trilateral "logic" on display here is truly mind boggling. Obama pays a $275,000 fine for illegal payments of $2 million dollars using campaign money and it's no problem. But Trump pays out the same total to several women of questionable character for sexual harassment out of his own pocket and somehow that constitutes a campaign violation. Wow.You shouldn't forget that if this continues the press will inevitably have to report on the 17 million members of Congress have paid out with taxpayer dollars on sexual harassment lawsuits. Oh yeah, you know Congress wants that in the headlines day after day.

What's amazingly fun here is to see bots taken from one state of frenzy to another by the press in the hope of seeing their never ending apparitions of "Trump in trouble" finally materializing. Hundreds of articles on Flynn, Flynn, Flynn, and what happens...Flynn gets no jail time. Hundreds of articles on Papadoulos and what happens...he gets two weeks. Both for the process crime of being "less than candor" to the FBI.

Now Cohen is proven to be a liar and at the same time his testimony is to be considered reliable? Heck, even Trump wants him to go to jail. What happened to Russian collusion? The fact that the press can take bots from one sensational headline to another without a whiff of substance only takes the "minds" of bots deeper into an alternate reality that will eventually culminate in a manic state of depression.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    The trilateral "logic" on display here is truly mind boggling. Obama pays a $275,000 fine for illegal payments of $2 million dollars using campaign money and it's no problem. But Trump pays out the same total to several women of questionable character for sexual harassment out of his own pocket and somehow that constitutes a campaign violation. Wow.You shouldn't forget that if this continues the press will inevitably have to report on the 17 million members of Congress have paid out with taxpayer dollars on sexual harassment lawsuits. Oh yeah, you know Congress wants that in the headlines day after day.

What's amazingly fun here is to see bots taken from one state of frenzy to another by the press in the hope of seeing their never ending apparitions of "Trump in trouble" finally materializing. Hundreds of articles on Flynn, Flynn, Flynn, and what happens...Flynn gets no jail time. Hundreds of articles on Papadoulos and what happens...he gets two weeks. Both for the process crime of being "less than candor" to the FBI.

Now Cohen is proven to be a liar and at the same time his testimony is to be considered reliable? Heck, even Trump wants him to go to jail. What happened to Russian collusion? The fact that the press can take bots from one sensational headline to another without a whiff of substance only takes the "minds" of bots deeper into an alternate reality that will eventually culminate in a manic state of depression.
    Do you even casually read news stories about these things?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I read MSNBC everyday. It's amusing.

That’s not what I asked.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Blog Entries

At this rate, BW would probably try to rationalize a video of Trump playing little spoon to Putin if the opportunity presented itself. It's clear from his "debating" that he wants Trump to get off no matter what.

But...against my own better judgement, let me ask again, BW...If nothing happened, why lie?

Don't cowardly ignore this question. If all of the people who are going down are innocent, or not covering anything up, why does Mueller and his team KEEP catching them in lies? Why do judges and grand juries keep believing Mueller and his team?

Perjury isn't some nebulous thing either, despite how desperately you want it to be. Prosecution have to prove that the criminals knowingly and with intent lied to them in order to get that charge to stick...and have you noticed they got it with both Pap and Flynn? Have you noticed, or care, that Manafort is going down for that too?

Have you wondered WHY that is, or do you, again, just hopelessly believe it will all go away.
    --------------------
    Also

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mari...ry?id=59719083

Maria Butina reaches plea deal in her case involving the NRA and Russian money. I'm legitimately curious how deep this may go...We already know Mitch McTurtle got a ton of money from Russians "donating" to him (which of course isn't suspicious at all given the context of everything)

Excited to see what information she may be willing to share with the investigation. She's just one of a dozen(?) Russian nationals who have been indicted so...We shall see.

No shame in checking...right? Oh wait...It looks like they already found something.

(For Context, Paul Erickson is a longtime Republican operative who was the "boyfriend" of Russian contact Maria Butina)

“Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns,” Erickson wrote in an October 2016 email to an acquaintance that was later obtained by the FBI, “I’ve been involved in securing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key [unnamed political party] leaders through, of all conduits, the [unnamed gun-rights organization].”

And during an FBI raid of Erickson’s South Dakota home, investigators discovered a handwritten note suggesting Erickson may have been aware of a possible job offer from Russian intelligence services: “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?” Erickson scratched, an apparent reference to the Russian equivalent of the CIA.
    And by the way before certain people get hissy and pissy...never forget that the Republican government made it so that the NRA does not have to disclose where it's donor money comes from literally the day after Butina was arrested
    -------------------

Onto more amusing news...Trump is, once again, a moron.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Smocking. SMOCKING

Our president thinks "smoking" is spelled with a "c". Not once...but twice.

I'm pretty sure a five year old would not make that mistake. Heck...spell check should have flagged that, unless he just doesn't care.

God I can't imagine the poor intern that will have to archive all of Twitler's when he is finally thrown out on his tired, old, fat ass.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 10, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

They are all crooked. Democrat, repub, libertarian, doesn't matter. Bushes, Trumps, Obamas, Clintons, Waters, Ryans etc etc etc. The saddest part to me is watching the hypocrisy of both sides in full display with a lot more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed View Post
    They are all crooked. Democrat, repub, libertarian, doesn't matter. Bushes, Trumps, Obamas, Clintons, Waters, Ryans etc etc etc. The saddest part to me is watching the hypocrisy of both sides in full display with a lot more to come.
    Ah yes the good ol both parties are the same

Blog Entries

Like...I don't necessarily disagree. There ARE some people on the left. Many, in fact.

But I believe in the game of numbers we have a lot more people on the right. I have yet to see Democrats pardon people for treason, unlike Republicans.

Also...did you guys know some people have spent less time in this administration than it takes for milk to expire? That's how Trump is as a boss.

And now it gets out that there is no plan B after Ayers...So it looks like Trump now has no idea who will replace Kelly
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-has-no-plan-b

I'm not surprised that no one wants to join the rapidly sinking ship. Even if this doesn't lead to impeachment and removal no one wants to be complicit in Trump's crimes...he can't pardon EVERYONE.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 11, 2018 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm not surprised that no one wants to join the rapidly sinking ship. Even if this doesn't lead to impeachment and removal no one wants to be complicit in Trump's crimes...he can't pardon EVERYONE.
    My favorite part is the offer of 'political synergy' and 'synergy on a government level'.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    At this rate, BW would probably try to rationalize a video of Trump playing little spoon to Putin if the opportunity presented itself. It's clear from his "debating" that he wants Trump to get off no matter what.

But...against my own better judgement, let me ask again, BW...If nothing happened, why lie?

Don't cowardly ignore this question. If all of the people who are going down are innocent, or not covering anything up, why does Mueller and his team KEEP catching them in lies? Why do judges and grand juries keep believing Mueller and his team?

Perjury isn't some nebulous thing either, despite how desperately you want it to be. Prosecution have to prove that the criminals knowingly and with intent lied to them in order to get that charge to stick...and have you noticed they got it with both Pap and Flynn? Have you noticed, or care, that Manafort is going down for that too?

Have you wondered WHY that is, or do you, again, just hopelessly believe it will all go away.
    --------------------
    Also

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mari...ry?id=59719083

Maria Butina reaches plea deal in her case involving the NRA and Russian money. I'm legitimately curious how deep this may go...We already know Mitch McTurtle got a ton of money from Russians "donating" to him (which of course isn't suspicious at all given the context of everything)

Excited to see what information she may be willing to share with the investigation. She's just one of a dozen(?) Russian nationals who have been indicted so...We shall see.

No shame in checking...right? Oh wait...It looks like they already found something.

(For Context, Paul Erickson is a longtime Republican operative who was the "boyfriend" of Russian contact Maria Butina)

And by the way before certain people get hissy and pissy...never forget that the Republican government made it so that the NRA does not have to disclose where it's donor money comes from literally the day after Butina was arrested
    -------------------

Onto more amusing news...Trump is, once again, a moron.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Smocking. SMOCKING

Our president thinks "smoking" is spelled with a "c". Not once...but twice.

I'm pretty sure a five year old would not make that mistake. Heck...spell check should have flagged that, unless he just doesn't care.

God I can't imagine the poor intern that will have to archive all of Twitler's when he is finally thrown out on his tired, old, fat ass.
    Flynn only agreed to the plea deal after he was financially ruined and they held up imprisonment for his son if he didn't. Once again, he received no prison time. The judge gave Pap two weeks in spite of the fact that Mueller's team argues for a stiff sentence. In that case the judge saw it for what it was: a guilty plea makes Trump look bad. That was all Mueller achieved with a guilty verdict even though Trump had nothing to do with it. The fact that these facts are completely oblivious from your thinking demonstrates your inability to make an unweighted conclusion.

Just so you know, Corsi has now filed a civil lawsuit against Mueller's team and if it is not thrown out of court the discovery process could prove embarrassing for Mueller. Unlike Flynn and Pap, Corsi has deep pockets and a powerful advocacy behind him. His lawyer is the same former federal prosecutor who successfully defended Ted Bundy (a case that was considered to be open and shut in favor of the government).

Ironically, if Corsi is successful, he will give credibility to a far right publication and at the same time discredit all the left-wing media. A nightmare scenario for the left. Be careful what you wish for.

As for Cohen, he was merely one of Trump's many lawyers. Trump owns and operates 200 companies, but if you were asked you would swear that Cohen was Trump's only lawyer. Cohen's involvement with a taxi badge scheme is what got him in trouble.

It is also demonstrative that you can equate a person's intelligence with the ability to not make a typo using one's fingertips to input text onto a tiny screen. If you can be convinced of that, which your posts here show that you can, it doesn't take much to prove that you can be literally led from one wrong deduction to another by a manipulative press. If the alumni of Georgetown could read your posts they would immediately place flowers on the grave of Walter Lippman in celebration.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 12, 2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Personal.

As for Cohen, he was merely one of Trump's many lawyers. Trump owns and operates 200 companies, but if you were asked you would swear that Cohen was Trump's only lawyer. Cohen's involvement with a taxi badge scheme is what got him in trouble.
    Cohen was hardly a lawyer. Only 14 of 639 documents were considered barred under privilege. 148 out of 291,770 items on his phones fell under privilege or partially privileged items. Seven items were deemed 'highly personal'. This was an assessment done by a former federal judge with no stake in the case.

Cohen was a fixer. Not a lawyer.

It is also demonstrative that you can equate a person's intelligence with the ability to not make a typo using one's fingertips to input text onto a tiny screen. If you can be convinced of that, which your posts here show that you can, it doesn't take much to prove that you can be literally led from one wrong deduction to another by a manipulative press. If the alumni of Georgetown could read your posts they would immediately place flowers on the grave of Walter Lippman in celebration.
    I think it's demonstrative that you can't remember major news stories of the year.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I think it's demonstrative that you can't remember major news stories of the year.
    To be fair, neither can I or most people. There's incriminating happening, literally, every other week. It's absurd.

As long as you keep beating this dead horse no one will give credit to any other baseless arguments you make in these posts. Seriously. You've been wrong as clear as day and night, like noon vs. midnight. It has been pointed out to you numerous times now that Guiliani's intelligence was not tied to him making a typo as you keep suggesting. Nobody made that argument. What people repeatedly laughed at was his response to someone making a site based on that type. Thus, it is highly ironic that you talk about being led from one false deduction to another. Seriously. At this point your arguments are beyond embarrassing.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    To be fair, neither can I or most people. There's incriminating happening, literally, every other week. It's absurd.
    A lawyer having his office searched is so damn rare it should stand out in the front of your mind. The President's lawyer? That's a signal fire.

Here you go.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson