Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Cohen was hardly a lawyer. Only 14 of 639 documents were considered barred under privilege. 148 out of 291,770 items on his phones fell under privilege or partially privileged items. Seven items were deemed 'highly personal'. This was an assessment done by a former federal judge with no stake in the case.

Cohen was a fixer. Not a lawyer.

I think it's demonstrative that you can't remember major news stories of the year.
    A lawyer having his office searched is so damn rare it should stand out in the front of your mind. The President's lawyer? That's a signal fire.

Here you go.
    Says he who can't remember that I've already made those points in the last few months.

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Says he who can't remember that I've already made those points in the last few months.
    Show me your cnn resume.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Well, well. The information about Flynn's "crimes" has been released by the court and the actions of the Special Counsel's office have been revealed to be truly despicable. In a single stroke the FBI has forever tainted any chance of a trusting relationship between the White House and FBI agents. That, in a nutshell, is what the lingering aftereffects will be.

Flynn was convicted for being "less than candor" about his completely legal conversation with a Russian ambassador. In fact, Flynn was doing exactly what an interim security adviser is supposed to be doing. The two points are linked in this article as well as the defendant's lawyers statement to the court. I recommend reading both.

It is worth noting that among the many letters of support listed in Flynn's lawyer statement from high ranking officials such as Admirals and Generals, there are at least three letters from persons who held the lofty enlisted rank of Command Sergeant Major.

Now that its out in public, a lot of veterans including myself, are able to see it for what it was and it is despicable. See for yourself:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...t-consequences

Now that its out in public, a lot of veterans including myself, are able to see it for what it was and it is despicable. See for yourself:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...t-consequences
    You veterans ain't special and are just as bound to follow the law as we normal people are. Read.

It was a voluntary interview. He did not have to submit to it. But to wit.

1 - Flynn falsely stated that he did not ask Russia's Ambassador to the US to refrain from escalating the situation in response to the sanctions that the US had imposed. He also falsely stated he did not remember a follow-up conversation in which the Ambassador stated Russia had chosen to moderate its response to the sanctions as a result of Flynn's request.

2 - Flynn falsely stated that he did not request any countries take any particular action regarding the resolution that Egypt submitted to the UN Security Council on December 21, 2016. Flynn also falsely stated the Russian Ambassador never described to him Russia's response to Flynn's request regarding the resolution. In truth: Flynn was directed to learn where each government stood on the resolution and influence those governments. Flynn contacted the Russian Ambassador about the pending vote and the incoming administrations opposition to the resolutions and requested Russia vote against or delay the resolution. Flynn was informed that if it came to a vote Russia would not vote against the Resolution.

3 - On March 7, 2017 Flynn filed multiple documents with the DoJ regarding the Foreign Agents Registration Act regarding a project he performed at his company for the Republic of Turkey. In the filings he made materially false statements and omissions, falsely stating that his company did not know the extent to which Turkey was involved in the project, stating that the project was focused on improving US business organizations confidence re doing business in Turkey, and the infamous op-ed by Flynn in The Hill on November 8, 2016. He omitted that officials from Turkey provided supervision and direction over this project.

Three offenses. One charge. All materially false and materially misleading lies. Flynn was a person with a clearance who submits yearly forms with warnings that lying to government employees in pursuit of their jobs is fundamentally illegal. This is Flynn's own fault and he should've been able to TELL THE GOD DAMN TRUTH. Take your plea bargain and go play in the damn corner. You people aren't special. Follow the god damned law like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 12, 2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Disruptive.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

It's worth noting that Andrew McCabe, the FBI AD who set up the interview is on record as saying, "First we Flynn, then we Trump."

There is clear nefarious intent there. And just a reminder; McCabe was fired for lying to FBI investigators.

It's worth noting that Andrew McCabe, the FBI AD who set up the interview is on record as saying, "First we Flynn, then we Trump."

There is clear nefarious intent there. And just a reminder; McCabe was fired for lying to FBI investigators.
    DOES. NOT. MATTER.

What you don't understand is that these charges are not entrapment charges. They didn't walk him into an arms deal or a drug deal he wouldn't have otherwise done without the agents pressuring him. They set up a meeting, they asked him questions he could've and should've told the truth to, and he lied, and they figured it the frak out.

As a total aside, I want proof of nefarious intent from McCabe. Because traditional method of catching the big fish is literally to flip the god damn smaller fish first and get information out of them. If Flynn had told the god damn truth, guess which smaller fish wouldn't have flipped!
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 12, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

You should read the charges again. Flynn wasn't charged with failing to register as a foreign agent. What he did in that instance was common practice in Washington at the time and there were literally thousands of people who were doing the same thing. After Manafort was charged there were thousands of applications that were amended. Of course your news source didn't bother to tell you that.

If you had been reading the news links I have been posting you would know that.

My news source is a court document. Better than your bull.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cohen had been sentenced to 3 years prison.

Next in charge Individual One.^^

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ors-ncna947016

The final Battle of Washington will soon begin...

вперед в Вашингтон, товарищи!
    vpered v Vashington, tovarishchi!
    Forward to Washington, comrades!
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; December 12, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

My news source is a court document. Better than your bull.
    Mueller's court document was linked in the WE article. There is nothing in it to support your claim. Either you didn't read it, or you made it up, or your source made it up.

Everything I wrote was directly from it and I directly linked the document. Facts don’t like you BW.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...p-charges.html

This is the thing that BW doesn't believe is happening.

So far more than 100 charges have been issued to 33 people and companies.

In new news, the CEO of AMI and Trump Organizations chief financial officer are cooperating with the investigation.

BW how does the toilet paper called the American Thinker respond to this?

Well, I mean, the CFO has been cooperating for a year now. The AMI one is a new development. That's the source of dirt.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

WAIT GAIDIN NO COLLUSION EVER HAPPENED IT WAS JUST REAL FINE GENTLEMEN WORKING TOGETHER WITH RUSSIAN AGENTS TOWARDS MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL BUSINESS ARRANGEMENTS. /sarcasm

I really am disappointed with people right now who can somehow shove their heads in the sand. The number of conspiracies and utter they must invent to maintain their worldview is dizzying.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    WAIT GAIDIN NO COLLUSION EVER HAPPENED IT WAS JUST REAL FINE GENTLEMEN WORKING TOGETHER WITH RUSSIAN AGENTS TOWARDS MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL BUSINESS ARRANGEMENTS. /sarcasm

I really am disappointed with people right now who can somehow shove their heads in the sand. The number of conspiracies and utter they must invent to maintain their worldview is dizzying.
    They went all in with their orange messiah, at this point they're probably too invested in him to admit they've been had.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Everything I wrote was directly from it and I directly linked the document. Facts don’t like you BW.
    No you didn't. You linked to the document that Mueller's team submitted to the court for the purpose of media spin. When the case was assigned to a judge, on the same day, the charge of acting as an unregistered agent was dropped. READ THE LINK I POSTED.

It is amazing how easily you and others can be duped by media spin.

Also, it looks like Mueller's team is headed for stormy waters when Flynn's sentence is officially handed down early next week. Don't be surprised if the judge dismisses the charges. Mueller's team of miscreants didn't follow FBI guidelines, among other things. Oh, for those wondering what American Thinker "thinks" about it:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog..._sentence.html

Here's some more. You really should read it:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/13/...taVJbY.twitter
    Last edited by B. W.; December 13, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

You’re lying.

I have a document signed by Flynn and his attorney stating facts backing what I say. The exact facts I have posted in this thread. Facts are not spin. Facts are facts.

It is accepted by the federal court. Do better. Tell the truth.
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 13, 2018 at 05:24 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Oh man, I just came close to being barred, but fortunately I decided to wait a few moments before posting.

Tell you what, tell me the case number on your document...oh wait, you can't because it doesn't have one. The six page document you linked is not the REAL court case document. The REAL court case document has a CASE NUMBER on it and is only two pages long.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 14, 2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Ah yes the good ol both parties are the same
    Call it what it is! I fully understand the differences between both major parties when it comes to say, immigration, fiscal policy, and most other domestic areas. I just believe that most of them are full of or pandering for votes, not to say that they don't make some gains along the way, kinda have to if you wish to retain power. That being said, I can admit that Obama, Trump, Bill, and George each have their good accomplishments and their bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Like...I don't necessarily disagree. There ARE some people on the left. Many, in fact.

But I believe in the game of numbers we have a lot more people on the right. I have yet to see Democrats pardon people for treason, unlike Republicans.

Also...did you guys know some people have spent less time in this administration than it takes for milk to expire? That's how Trump is as a boss.

And now it gets out that there is no plan B after Ayers...So it looks like Trump now has no idea who will replace Kelly
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-has-no-plan-b

I'm not surprised that no one wants to join the rapidly sinking ship. Even if this doesn't lead to impeachment and removal no one wants to be complicit in Trump's crimes...he can't pardon EVERYONE.
    1) Do you think there's just more corrupt people on the right or is it more of a....more people on the right have beliefs that are "incorrect" (not "socially liberal").
    2) Out of curiosity, who are you referring to on the pardon for treason thing?
    3) As for turnover......I feel most people prior to Trump would argue that one of the biggest problems with government is that there isn't enough turnover and that they need to run it more like a business. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Also, even if you could be hired to do something good in his administration, would you want to go work for him currently? The level of harassment just for showing up must be astounding.
    4) Time will tell as far as crimes are concerned. Unfortunately, I think we are going to be waiting a LONG time for an and end to this. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. A swift resolution with a decisive answer would be a good thing.