Page 1 of 204 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

This one of the big stories that no one is going to give up and that's the story of the ties between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

Most recent aspect of this story is Jeff Sessions supposedly lying under oath at his confirmation hearing I say supposedly because he apparently met with the Russian Ambassador and didn't disclose that...but the context in which he was asked about this was different then what's being painted in the media.

Certainly has the democrats riled up

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Franken: Very well.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-ambassador-during-trumps-presidential-campaign-justice-officials-say/2017/03/01/77205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.baa202bb56c5
    Update:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39324587

Update: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39324587

Trump, within his first 100 days as sitting President of the United States of America, is being investigated by the FBI for his links and potential collusion with Russia.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 21, 2017 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Update.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay

here to stay indeed, are there any trump surrogates who havent met with vlads boys? also, we need to use "trump surrogate" more often, its so deliciously ...........pernicious.

i wonder, since trump cant quite decide if he wants to worship the tzar, or opose his actions (he has spoken about both, kinda), will there be any consequences pertaining to public opinion, or will MAGA trump everything as usual?

Neocons are convinced Putin owns Trump like they used to own their own stooges around the world, of course, they'll keep trying for the rest of the 4 years to prove it. It has been abuntantly clear despite the number of fake stories posted in the last few months.

Also it's always the same media, CNN/Washington Post/New York Times posting this kind of crap.

Now I'm confliced because I can't stand Jeff Sessions as he's in favour of internet spying on citizens but I don't want to buy into this Russophobic conspiracies.

Honestly, this "Trump's Russia contacts" nonsense is probably some of the dumbest shite I've ever seen in politics.

Some people gave the shirts off their back to ensure Trump's election.

Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

At the very least Sessions should recuse himself from the investigations of the ties between Russia and the Trump campaign. I believe he should have done so even before this revelation, but hopefully it forces him to recuse.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    here to stay indeed, are there any trump surrogates who havent met with vlads boys? also, we need to use "trump surrogate" more often, its so deliciously ...........pernicious.
    Campaign surrogate is a common term for a prominent campaign supporter/spokesman. Sessions actually probably goes beyond a surrogate - he was a significant influence on Trump during the campaign, being one of the first prominent politicians to throw his weight behind Trump, and was rewarded with a top post.

But yeah, a disconcerting number of Trump campaign officials have had dubious Russian ties that they were caught hiding from the public. Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, now Sessions. Yet we still hear cries of "Russophobia" and "fake news."
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    But yeah, a disconcerting number of Trump campaign officials have had dubious Russian ties that they were caught hiding from the public. Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, now Sessions. Yet we still hear cries of "Russophobia" and "fake news."
    I don't doubt that the Russian government contributed to Trump's election (most probably, though, not in a decisive way), but I believe that their goal is, also in what concerns their support to various, European far-right parties, to increase their popularity among a gradually growing demographic, and not to help the rise of friendly governments. The latter would be unrealistic, because diplomatic relations are mainly determined by each country's geopolitical interests and not the sympathies of government members and party officials, while the former strategy manages to render aggressive against Russia stances politically more risky, as such a policy would risk to alienate a significant part of the electorate. However, let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that the administration of Donald Trump is, indeed, deeply pro-Russian, willing enough to sacrifice certain foreign interests of the US, in order to please the Russian Federation.
    My question is why should the average American voter care about that? How are the interests and rights of the American people affected by a pro-Russian foreign policy, by the increase and the decrease of the Russian and American international spheres of influence respectively? All these allegations about the American president being a puppet of Putin, regardless of their accuracy, from my personal perspective, seem to be nothing more than an appeal to nationalism, to a tribalist emotion that the well-being of the American citizens should be identified with the foreign adventures of the government in charge. Quite similar to McCarthyism, although at least the notorious senator could argue that a Soviet success would threaten their way of life, by undermining the capitalist system. It is rather ironic that this ultra-conservative rhetoric is coming from the supposedly more progressive Democratic party, which are apparently cynical enough to use the methods of their opponents, when it suits them.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    My question is why should the average American voter care about that?
    I think there are some pretty obvious issues with another country influencing an election to the extent someone totally incompetent gets elected, advisors that act in the interest of that other country instead of their own, and that letting foreign powers subvert our democracy and saying "so what" is a threat to the American way of life.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Quote Originally Posted by Costin_Razvan View Post
    This one of the big stories that no one is going to give up and that's the story of the ties between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

Most recent aspect of this story is Jeff Sessions supposedly lying under oath at his confirmation hearing I say supposedly because he apparently met with the Russian Ambassador and didn't disclose that...but the context in which he was asked about this was different then what's being painted in the media.
    It's not even the fact that he didn't disclose it. It's the fact that he flat out said there was no meeting under oath. It's not that the context of the meeting was senatorial. It's the fact that the series of questions didn't get so far as context of meeting because he said 'no' when they asked if he'd met the russians. When you hide the meetings, when you LIE UNDER OATH about the meetings happening, you can't even get to the context of the meetings for the Committee to decide if they are relevant to the position he is being considered for.

Also another fine point thanks to that being found out: Sessions is recusing himself from Russia investigations.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    Oh really? And how many of them do you think have "ties" to France, UK, Germany.. etc. ?Also you hear cries of Russophobia, fake news and it being a political football, because that is exactly what it is.

That said, I'm actually glad these neocons, corrupt democrats and other trash moan and whine and drum up the media into Russophobia. I think it'll eventually become clear to normal folks that this was just politicians and MSM touting more fake news, and so they will lose even more credibility.
    Last edited by Nikitn; March 02, 2017 at 04:26 PM.

If it was fake news why did Sessions recuse himself, why were Manafort, Flynn, and Page kicked? Is trump already losing his war against the establishment?
    Last edited by chriscase; March 03, 2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: provocative punctuation removed
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

I think the "wouldn't it be nice if we got along with Russia" thing was, originally at least, meant to portray Hillary as warmongering compared to Trump's peacefulness, which is a bit of a joke, since Hillary and Obama are notoriously feckless surrender monkeys. Trump seemed to take it a bit too far when he began praising Putin's dictatorship though.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    I think the "wouldn't it be nice if we got along with Russia" thing was, originally at least, meant to portray Hillary as warmongering compared to Trump's peacefulness, which is a bit of a joke, since Hillary and Obama are notoriously feckless surrender monkeys. Trump seemed to take it a bit too far when he began praising Putin's dictatorship though.
    Actually, it's not much of a joke at all, considering how Hillary began beating the war drums and proposing a no-fly zone in Syria, which would have obvious consequences for the US and Russia (both of whom are bombing targets in that country). I also distinctly remember Hillary's shrill laugh and grin when casually announcing (as then US Secretary of State) the killing of Gaddafi in Libya. Obama wasn't hawkish when it came to Russia, but he did impose sanctions in conjunction with the Western world against Russia for its charming activities in Ukraine. It's too early to judge if Trump is going to have a radically different foreign policy when it comes to beefing up NATO defenses in Eastern Europe, much to Russia's consternation. My guess is that he won't escalate things with Russia, because he and Putin are apparently of one mind when it comes to many things (especially in the hypothetical joint-enterprise of arctic drilling).

As for the whole Jeff Sessions thing, we'll see how that pans out, but if he did lie under oath, that would be grounds for him to bow out and resign. Obviously the same treatment does not apply to Jared Kushner, who also met with the same Russian envoy, yet he didn't make a false statement under oath while sitting on Capitol Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    If it was fake news why did Sessions recuse himself, why were Manafort, Flynn, and Page kicked? Is trump already losing his war against the establishment?
    Because allot of people believe fake news. And especially when it suits their agenda.
    Last edited by chriscase; March 03, 2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: continuity

Never happened in US history that a former president floods the intelligence community and the White House staff with sleeper agents to sabotage the work of his successor.

Trump is right to call him out. He should have Obama arrested for attempted coup and undermining democracy.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Never happened in US history that a former president floods the intelligence community and the White House staff with sleeper agents to sabotage the work of his successor.

Trump is right to call him out. He should have Obama arrested for attempted coup and undermining democracy.
    You actually buy that, huh? So is Obama gonna replace Soros as your boogeyman?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I think the difference between Trump and Putin is that Putin is much more intelligent and competent than Trump. Putin is something like an evil genius. He has successfully undermined both the US and the EU, arguably fatally in both cases, though funding and indirect support to politicians and individuals that will weaken their own nations. It's a brilliant achievement on the part of Putin and has gained the country more success than it could ever have achieved via military means alone.

Trump is a man of weak intellect, who can easily be played by Russia at every turn. Putin can run circles around Trump. He is the puppet master, controlling events to his own advantage. Don't forget Putin worked for the KGB. His grasp of strategy is far more sophisticated than that of Trump. Trump being in the hand of Putin matters for America, because it means that ultimately American society is being primed to self-destruct from within, collapsing the US to a third world country. Russia will then emerge from the wreckage, totally unharmed and in a position to inherit the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I think the difference between Trump and Putin is that Putin is much more intelligent and competent than Trump. Putin is something like an evil genius. He has successfully undermined both the US and the EU, arguably fatally in both cases, though funding and indirect support to politicians and individuals that will weaken their own nations. It's a brilliant achievement on the part of Putin and has gained the country more success than it could ever have achieved via military means alone.

Trump is a man of weak intellect, who can easily be played by Russia at every turn. Putin can run circles around Trump. He is the puppet master, controlling events to his own advantage. Don't forget Putin worked for the KGB. His grasp of strategy is far more sophisticated than that of Trump. Trump being in the hand of Putin matters for America, because it means that ultimately American society is being primed to self-destruct from within, collapsing the US to a third world country. Russia will then emerge from the wreckage, totally unharmed and in a position to inherit the earth.
    I wish.

But come now, let's return to reality.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Trump and Putin? How about Chuck Schumer and Putin:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...new-york-city/

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Because allot of people believe fake news. And especially when it suits their agenda.
    I'm not sure why I expected something other then "news I don't like is fake". Oh well