Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Saul Tyre's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Development Issue #4 - Changing City Names

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Yes, that was the way on how i made it so that the names of settlements can be changed. Thank you for reminding me such a simple procedure.
    No problem my friend you're welcome
    Do not confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am....
    my attitude depends on who you are...
    My youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre
    RTR 8 Project member/_4.0 beta tester. RS_WWC_submod beta tester,

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Maybe this can help for buildings: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...tw/index.shtml

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #5 - Loading Screens

Being a big fan of the Europa Barbarorum style of modding i wish to create my own style of loading screens that can teach people while waiting for the game to load. So in the beginning i was trying to create something similar to the EB loading screens, but that didn't work at all. So after i meditated i finally came to a decision on how the loading screens will look. They will be character biographies with the ROP style of background.

HERE SOME EXAMPLES:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note: What i need with great urgency is to rework the buildings of the mod, since they are mostly awfully implemented, so if anyone would like in helping me in the addition of a unique building tree for this mod i would appreciatte.

It is a great idea. There are so many great leaders from this period. Cyrus, the man who made the Persians their empire. Solon and cleisthenes, the fathers of athenian democracy and so on. I LOVE this idea. It adds a lot of depth and really immerses a player into this mod.

Julio85's Avatar Semisalis

great Idea Wise Coffin!

Julio85's Avatar Semisalis

some updates!

Blog Entries

I have been having short time to work on this mod, but whenever i can i always go to it for some minutes (Just right now i am working on it while listening to some Mozart )
    So i believe i have the roster almost to what i want. So to give something in the meantime, i will be releasing in the next days maybe a version of Rise of Persia 3.0 for custom battles. I would like first to actually some custom battle places first, because at the moment most battlefields lead the army to the sea. Really weird. So i will be looking how to make the custom battles and whend done i will release the version.

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

I'm still looking forward to this mod (although I'm more into Medieval 2 mods by now), barely any mods touch pre-Roman times.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

You know, you could always play Europa Barbarorum ll for Medieval ll. I hear it's pretty stable now.

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

Ofc I'm playing EB II but I'm talking about pre-Roman times.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Blog Entries

I have a huge issue with the game. It was all well, but yesterday the game was not responding so i bashed the keyboard and whend i got to enter again in the mod there is now an error that i think it's what is making the game crash, but i don't understand it. It says its from the export_descr_buildings and it says that the belief oligarchy is unavaiable, is it spelled correctly?

Even if i put older versions and backups of the txt file it will say the same. I haven't even touched that file, so i don't understand why is appearing this problem.

I am sad to hear this, maybe this link can help...
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ide-to-crashes

Maybe these sections in particular can help: (this is for M2tw, but it might be related to RTW)

Loading CTD
    Q: The game starts to load, then CTD.

A: This is usually caused by an entry in the data\export_descr_buildings.txt or data\export_descr_unit.txt, such as an incorrect entry. The log files should help.

Loading game CTD, with Insufficient video memory error message
    Q: The game starts to load, then CTD and error log says there is 'Insufficient video memory'.

A: This is normally caused when you tell M2TW to look for an image file that doesn't exist. The two files most likely to cause this error are the data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb and descr_model_strat.txt. Check both to ensure that all the image paths (eg models_strat/textures/southern_ambasador_papacy.tga) lead to an image file (.tga or .texture) and the spelling is correct.

CTD after removing regions
    Q: After removed most of the regions the mod CTDs. The error message just says the mod has crashed.

A: M2TW requires a mininium of regions of regions (unsure how few), so try adding some more. Also you have to delete the data\world\maps\base\map.rwm file everytime you alter the data\world\maps\base\map_regions.tga file.

CTD after adding a lot of regions
    Q: After adding a lot of new regions the mod CTDs. The error message just says the mod has crashed.

A: M2TW cannot have more than 199 regions and 1 sea, so try deleting some. Also you have to delete the data\world\maps\base\map.rwm file everytime you alter the data\world\maps\base\map_regions.tga file.

Have you had any luck in fixing the issue?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    Have you had any luck in fixing the issue?
    Unfortunately no. The files might be corrupted. Before that everything was fine. Since i didn't mess with the file that shows error i truly have no idea what is happening.

Is this the end of ROP?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argive Strategos View Post
    Is this the end of ROP?
    This might be crazy what i am about to say, but for the third time i shall work on ROP3. I have the base work that i did in the previous 2 tries, so i will work with that in this new attempt. Coicidentally i also find out how to edit unit texture, so i will be toying with that to have more unique units on the mod.

Also i shall be making many backups so that disasters like this one wont be happening again.

Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #6 - Unit Textures Change Example 1

This is an example of me using a existing model and making a new texture so that it can become a new unit in the game. This ones are Bactrian Axemen.

Will you use unit parts from Near East TW? What is your opinion on Bronze Age TW?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Will you use unit parts from Near East TW? What is your opinion on Bronze Age TW?
    I will be using models from both mods, only that the textures will be new, made by me.

Are you planning an overview for Bronze Age TW or any Invasio Barbarorum mod (for RTW) because we are overview hungry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast