Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bretonnia DLC and my opiinion of game as it stands!

Default Re: Bretonnia DLC and my opiinion of game as it stands!

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Have you tried the game with Minos better AI mod? Turns the game into an absolutely slugfest especially crooked moon.
    Coming up to turn 100 and just about too get 2 full stacks inc x3 doom divers and 4x rock lobbers to get the last dwarven stronghold then should be able to secure n think about branching out. Not great but got a chance now..(I have 40k in the bank).

Not tried that mod so far a.i seems ok, although had Bretonnia n elves declaring war then not doing anything...then suing for peace and me getting cash.

Am just using a morale mod but might try out Kams next campaign I do. (maybe I will get beastmen on sale).((or try this minos mod)).

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You should try DeI 1.2 because it is like a completly new game Also battles are miles away from what they were with new combat dynamics, multistaged battles (AI manouvering, AI skirmish, AI manouvering again, AI falling back while keeping formation, AI engaging you on one flank while waiting in the center and other flanks etc), hoplites and pikes being able to push other units (or giving ground if enemy is too strong and you do not order them to push back) so yeah, I highly recommend it

As for Warhammer overhaul, since now we can finally edit unit size, I will slowly work on full combat overhal, much more developed than my current Proper Combat Mod (which will be still supported as it is supposed to be compatibility friendly ).
    Its true that I was mainly talking aboutthe first versions of DEI. But I will definitely try the final version ! I wanted to reinstall R2 and I can't imagine playing it without DEI !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

As for Warhammer overhaul, since now we can finally edit unit size, I will slowly work on full combat overhal, much more developed than my current Proper Combat Mod (which will be still supported as it is supposed to be compatibility friendly ).
    Thats some really amazing news
    Thank you for doing this.!!!!!!

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

CA is actually a huge studio now. have alot of separate teams making different games. I was surprised the new halo wars was made by ca to be honest, not having yearly total war games is a good thing. gives the fan base some breathing room and allows ca to make other games.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

am I the only one having problems with Chivalry with all the huge negative traits of governors?
    It might be in part because I attacked a fellow bretonnian faction but I had nowhere to expand (

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    am I the only one having problems with Chivalry with all the huge negative traits of governors?
    It might be in part because I attacked a fellow bretonnian faction but I had nowhere to expand (
    Yea, this isn't the Empire, attacking another Bretonnian faction will give you a serious chivalry hit. Bretonnian factions are all very friendly with each other so confederation is made a lot easier than other factions in the game. And building a grail chapel in the city you're camping in will give you positive instead of negative traits. If your city doesn't have one or you don't plan on building it in that city your stack should just stay right outside instead.

Semisalis

I am playing an Empire game and finding the building costs too expensive, way out of proportion to income and other costs. Does anyone else find this? am tempted to halve them all then add upkeep for higher tier buildings.

What would be a lore friendly way to slow dwarf confederation? Simply reduce how much they like each other?
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Thanks Kam, I'm really excited to see your new battle overhaul for Warhammer! Not sure what you mean by compatibility friendly, but will the new one still work with mods that add more lore-friendly units to the game?

Very grateful for all your work on Rome 2 Divide et as well, masterful stuff!!!!!!

I didn't find Bretonnia that fun tbh, been having much more fun playing as Isabella

I'm not much on playing Warhammer. Not the game mechanics that's the problem, just the genre.

I did like the Bretonnia DLC though. Very interesting change of pace in terms of what it takes to be successful. I've never been very good with cavalry heavy factions so the first couple of trys did not go well. Once I figured out how the economics worked, and started getting successful in the battles it has been a lot of fun. I don't do Mods either.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    Gameplay vanilla deep is equal to an android platform game or even worse. This decline gradually has begun since the first Rome. Use mods, obviously.

I have found the battle to have very little to do with my tactics and mostly everything to do with the numbers.

I have had high quality armies lose to masses of low quality enemy forces.

I like the game, I am having a reasonable amount of fun, but the game falls short in some key areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12