Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

Default Re: How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

Could it be because the game is somehow not running off this battle.db file? But I already put it in the mod folder.

heres wat i put so far.

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 12 norse_axemen 1 4 56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod0.mesh 121 56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod1.mesh 900 56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod2.mesh 2500 56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod3.mesh 6400 2 7 denmark 73 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_denmark.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture 44 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_sprite.spr 7 england
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_england.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture
    44 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_sprite.spr 2 7 denmark 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_norm.texture 0 7 england
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0 2 19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 16 norse_axemen_ug1 1 3 66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod0.mesh 121 66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod1.mesh 1225 66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400 2 7 denmark 82 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_denmark.texture 81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_ug1_sprite.spr 7 england
    82 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_england.texture
    81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_normal.texture
    48 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_ug1_sprite.spr 2 7 denmark 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_norm.texture 0 7 england
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_diff.texture 60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0 2 19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16

it crashses just as the custom battle screen loads
    Last edited by misfitsfiend138; February 09, 2007 at 11:28 AM.

I just added the file to the regionmod folder.

Hi mercury,
    I've got a question for you : I tried to give the scots guard model to french mounted archers using both battle_models & export_descr_unit (for the guys not 2 be standing on the horses), but it appears that they have giant longbows in front of their horses without actually holding them, do you know what I have to modify to make them have the same longbow as regular french mounted archers ug1 ?

Still cant get anything to work... help someone?

could someone possiblly walk me through on how to give russia mounted/dismounted feudal knights?

Brian257043's Avatar Foederatus

how would i add a mercenary unit to a faction so that I could use them in custom battle

Laetus

How do you add textures for the units of a custom faction that you've made your self? Is this possible?
    Does someone know?

M3rcury15's Avatar Libertus

Oh man... I was on a vacation and i see so many questions

Now let's start:

@KnightErrant: Thanks for helping some ppl when I was away

@Gautar: You can't create new texture files but you can edit old ones just copy the files you want to edit->unpack it->open it up in picture editor file->edit it->Repack it->Overwrite the old file

@Brian257043: In export_descr_units file... add a new owner to the merc unit and you can buy it... If you want also to build it edit export_descr_buildings

@funky_kiwi: Sry can't help you in the problem but maybe this will help: You can't change unit weapons because weapons and the unit models are implanted in the mesh file...

@misfitsfiend138: Next time you put a text in this forum put it as code because normal text will delete the double spaces and in modeldb double spaces are very important...

Adding units to upgrade is same as no upgrade...

@King Kong: Find all horses and add saxons to them also because you don't know which horse the game uses...

what do u mean by code? like this?

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 12 norse_axemen 1 4
    56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod0.mesh 121
    56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod1.mesh 900
    56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod2.mesh 2500
    56 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/norse_axemen_lod3.mesh 6400
    7 denmark
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_denmark.texture
    44 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_sprite.spr
    7 england
    73 unit_models/_Units/LN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/LN_Lmail_Hmail_england.texture
    44 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_sprite.spr
    7 denmark
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_norm.texture 0
    7 england
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_norm.texture 0
    1 4 None 11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0 2 19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 16 norse_axemen_ug1 1 3
    66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod0.mesh 121
    66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod1.mesh 1225
    66 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/norse_axemen_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400
    7 denmark
    82 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_denmark.texture
    81 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_normal.texture
    48 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_ug1_sprite.spr
    7 england
    82 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_england.texture
    48 unit_sprites/denmark_Norse_Axemen_ug1_sprite.spr
    7 denmark
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_denmark_norm.texture 0
    7 england
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_diff.texture
    60 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_england_norm.texture 0
    1 4 None 11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0 2 19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    Last edited by misfitsfiend138; February 11, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

that's what I thought, but thx a lot 4 making me sure, otherwise I'd have kept searching :-D

by the way, thx also for this tutorial & the two first links, helped me a lot ;-)
    Last edited by Trajan; February 16, 2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

First I want to say thank you M3rcury15, for writting down this wonderful tutorial.

I made a search for the thing I'm going to ask, but didn't find anything.
    I gave the normans(I modded them in) Mongol Light Lancer unit. Everything is fine except that when this unit is the leading one of my army, the captain is "invisible". I've added many mercs and their captains are OK, but the captain of the MLL is invisible.
    Interesting thing is that I've added also Dismounted Druzhina and their captain is OK as well.

Can s'one help?

another question, lol, how could I create a unit from nothing ?

and where are the files where written informations about units can be found ( & if u also know, where are the files where the traduced versions of these informations are located (because I have a non-english version)) ?

I was wondering if anyone could help me with dismounted/mounted russian feudal knights. I pretty much understand eveything except the battle_models.modeldb code, i've found most of the code (i think) but I keep over looking parts and i'm not exactly sure what to change , I know I have put "7 russia" and some other simple stuff but that's about it. I went to the link about the battle_models.modeldb turtorial, but it it didn't help me much.

I was just thinking about copying one coded line for one faction (lets say england) ,pasting it to another notepad, editing it for russia and then pasting that edited line back in to the battle_models.modeldb . I still need help getting the exact code and how to edit properly. thanks

well ive come to a conclusion that u cant give the norse axemen to any faction. the reason is because only 2 factions carry the " Final Danish_X_diff.texture
    and Final Danish_X_norm.texture ". those factions are denmark and russia.

guys I gotta problem, I added new units 2 france from nothing, and it works well on custom battles, but when I play on campaign I can't recruit any infantry unit, even though I check the export_descr_buildings file , which is correct. So could any 1 help me plzzzz

@misfitsfiend138: No like this
    Code:
    This is code with many       spaces
    @m.minkov: Hmm... i don't know why the general is invisible the general can't be invisible if you added the unit properly in descr_units file

@glitch: Do exactly as you just said that's how i did the first time but remember edit 1by1 not whole together, first thing you should edit first is faction name then check if it works if it does then start editing textures text

@funky_kiwi: There is a different tutorial for export_descr_buildings

@m3rcury, i finally figured out by wat u mean by "code" the thing is it just wont work. enlgand doesnt have a Final Danish_X_diff.texture and Final Danish_X_norm.texture in the attachment file.

I know that but you still can edit that file to put english colors or you don't edit the file at all just keep it dutch clothes but english faction...

o ok, ill give it a shot tomorrow.