Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

M3rcury15's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

To Rammstein: You can't change the units weapons and shields because the shield and weapon is implanted in the mesh file but there is one other way to do it, just look a similar model unit who has a sword and just add the saracen's texture to it and it should work...

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Quote Originally Posted by M3rcury15 View Post
    To Rammstein: You can't change the units weapons and shields because the shield and weapon is implanted in the mesh file but there is one other way to do it, just look a similar model unit who has a sword and just add the saracen's texture to it and it should work...
    thanks for the help.
    yes but wouldnt that change a unit, I want all of them to be the same only the wagonfort unit I want to change and become saracen swordsmen. Or have I understood something wrong?
    Last edited by Rammstein; January 13, 2007 at 09:52 AM.

Just create a new unit from an old one and add saracen texture on it.

Default Re: Tut: To add other faction units for new factions

To Valakov: Sorry can't do that because i have 4 different modeldb right now 1) Vanilla 2) My Estonian mod 3) Tides of Darkness 4) Bohemia Minimod

To cudakite: Let's hope that CA adds creates a bat file that checks this file if there is errors or something... Even I need that...
    There's no chance you can't release to the community a vanilla modeldb?

It would really help with getting more units into the community. I've been wanting to try and take advantage of learning how to do some amature skinning to introduce some new units to other factions, but with the file the way it is, I won't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    There's no chance you can't release to the community a vanilla modeldb?

It would really help with getting more units into the community. I've been wanting to try and take advantage of learning how to do some amature skinning to introduce some new units to other factions, but with the file the way it is, I won't be able to.
    Why do you need a vanilla modeldb? Just unpack your files and make a backup of modeldb and you got a vanilla modeldb...

Why do you need a vanilla modeldb? Just unpack your files and make a backup of modeldb and you got a vanilla modeldb...
    Well, did you clean up your vanilla modeldb?

I used word-wrap and also opened it with MS word as was suggested and it's a lot cleaner, but by the sounds of things, some of you guys had made the file a lot more clean and efficient, and I was hoping it might be released to the community.

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Well, did you clean up your vanilla modeldb?

I used word-wrap and also opened it with MS word as was suggested and it's a lot cleaner, but by the sounds of things, some of you guys had made the file a lot more clean and efficient, and I was hoping it might be released to the community.
    I second that... I'd love to get my mits on a cleaned up modeldb file; just the thought of actually doing it myself gives me the willies.
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

well i'am working on cleaning up mine, will be done maybe next week, i'l release it i guess
    "When you do something right; it will seem as though you haven't done anything at all." -Space God
    http://www.mtgfanatic.com/?ForumReferrerID=127300

My modeldb is as messy as everyones and my vanilla isn't different as unpacked one, my vanilla is just for backup...

Mercury is there any rule - Where is double space

'' ''

in the .modeldb ?

Or is it different for every unit ..?

Thanks ..!

PS Another question .. ;-p

When there is upgrade model _ug1 after model of the unit , I suppose we should do the same think for it..?
    Example :

Code:
    16 se_spear_militia 1 4 63 unit_models/....................................................
    ...fs_test_shield 0 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 20 se_spear_militia_ug1 1 4 67 unit_models/.............................................
    ?
    Last edited by oncast; January 15, 2007 at 12:37 AM.

To Oncast: Always read tutorial to the end.

4) If there is a 0 then there must be two spaces after the number(like this "0__2") EXEPT the last two numbers and that i mean this: "fs_test_shield 0 16" <-- here must not be 2 spaces

If there is UG then it is the unit's upgrade model... CA made a new unit for each upgrade so if you add a previous unit to a new faction and notice that it has upgrade models then you have to add those too, because if you upgrade the unit then the unit in campaign map will be invisible again...
    Last edited by M3rcury15; January 15, 2007 at 10:05 AM.

How do you know which textures to use?

I was going to test adding Reiters to Spain. (I completed the game now and want to just have some fun in my campaign).

I think I understood the rest but when it comes to the \Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models\attachmentsets textures, how do I know which one to use for making Reiters for Spain?

6 france 75 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 55 unit_sprites/spain_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr

I could see I would need 5 spain, but then I had no idea what to put in .texture and .spr afterwards?

Is there some easy way of finding that out?

Could someone explain this to me a little more as id like to add a few units to my Spanish faction and have some fun. I added them with the cheats obviously and they were invisible, so now im looking to have visible ones, Reiters, Janissary Musketeers, Naffatun, Varangian Guard, Papal Guard, and of course Hefelumps!!

I own 50+ regions, and have already have the winning requirements, now I just want to play on and have a little fun.

I wish CA had made a simple way to unlock them for all factions so you can have fun after completing the game.

You only need to edit this line: unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76

Don't edit the sprite line because if you do then the units will be invisible Far but or was these the shadows:hmmm:

You only need to edit this line: unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76

Don't edit the sprite line because if you do then the units will be invisible Far but or was these the shadows:hmmm:
    But do I use that exact same texture line if im adding the Reiters unit to spain or any other unit to spain?

Im probably being stupid here Im just not quite understanding what that line is doing.

Done, sorry for being dumb, so much text so confusing.

I sorted it better using the link explaining how the code functions and then I edited it, all working, my Spanish faction now have Reiters with unit cards, Spanish colours and are usable on the battle map and recruitable >D

Thanks for this topic and the help its great. Im off to add the rest.

I had two errors initially. First I left 73 after changing hre to spain, and it should have been set to 75 as spain is two characters more. The second I forgot the comma in the export_buildings file after spain.

I'm sorry i was away and couldn't help but but i am happy that you found your mistakes yourself

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

If I am correct, CA replaced descr_models_battle with battle_models.modeldb in M2TW?

Editing that file is a nightmare. CTDs with every tweak I make...
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

nnnm's Avatar Senator

how can i Unpack anything from paks file?
    any one can help?
    there are
    data_0.pack
    data_1.pack
    data_2.pack
    data_3.pack
    data_4.pack
    and localized.pack

To Pnutmaster: Yeah this is hard editing file but let's hope somebody is making this file easier to edit.

To nnnm: You get the unpacker with the patch just check the tools folder.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

I have tried to add Musketeers to Poland and I kind of lost a bit when it gets to adding entry in battle_models:

HTML Code:
    10 musketeers 1 4 54 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_lod0.mesh 121 54 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_lod1.mesh 900 54 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_lod2.mesh 2500 54 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_lod3.mesh 6400 5 5 spain 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_spain.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 40 unit_sprites/spain_Musketeers_sprite.spr 8 portugal 74 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_portugal.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 43 unit_sprites/portugal_Musketeers_sprite.spr 5 milan 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_milan.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 40 unit_sprites/milan_Musketeers_sprite.spr 6 venice 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_venice.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 41 unit_sprites/venice_Musketeers_sprite.spr 7 poland 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_venice.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 41 unit_sprites/venice_Musketeers_sprite.spr 5 5 spain 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_diff.texture 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_norm.texture 0  8 portugal 70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_portugal_diff.texture 70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_portugal_norm.texture 0  5 milan 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_milan_diff.texture 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_milan_norm.texture 0  6 venice 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_norm.texture 0  7 poland 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_norm.texture 0  1 4 None 16 MTW2_Fast_Musket 20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 19 MTW2_Musket_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 14 musketeers_ug1 1 4 58 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_ug1_lod0.mesh 121 58 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_ug1_lod1.mesh 900 58 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_ug1_lod2.mesh 2500 58 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/musketeers_ug1_lod3.mesh 6400 5 5 spain 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_spain.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 44 unit_sprites/spain_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 8 portugal 74 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_portugal.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/portugal_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 5 milan 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_milan.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 44 unit_sprites/milan_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 6 venice 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_venice.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 45 unit_sprites/venice_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 7 poland 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_venice.texture 72 unit_models/_Units/RN_Light_Lmail/textures/RN_Light_Lmail_normal.texture 45 unit_sprites/venice_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 5 5 spain 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_diff.texture 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_spain_norm.texture 0  8 portugal 70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_portugal_diff.texture 70 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_portugal_norm.texture 0  5 milan 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_milan_diff.texture 67 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_milan_norm.texture 0  6 venice 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_norm.texture 0  7 poland 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_venice_norm.texture 0  1 4 None 16 MTW2_Fast_Musket 20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 19 MTW2_Musket_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    result:

BTW please do excuse my ignorace and lack of knowledge but I find all textures assigment a bit confusing so if some could be so kind explain that to me

EDITED: kind of sorted...it should have been instead of texture 0 7 poland it should have been texture 0 6 poland
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; January 24, 2007 at 05:30 AM.