Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

M3rcury15's Avatar Libertus

Default How-To: Add other faction units for new factions

I made this tutorial cause i can't find a right one here...
    I added Dismounted Conquistadores to France(Just for fun and for testing)

If you don't like this ugly file then maybe this will help(Thanks to KnightErrant): http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rt...ed_modeldb.zip

1) Unpack units_models folder from the packs files.
    2) Copy the unpacked units_models folder to C:\"installed folder"\Medieval II Total War\data
    3) Make a bat file with this line: medieval2.exe @mymod.cfg --io.file_first
    4) Go to mymod\data and open export_descr_unit.txt
    5) Find Dismounted Conquistadores and add France to ownership after Portugal (It should look like this "ownership spain, portugal, france")
    6) Save the file and go to Medieval II Total War\data\units_models folder and open battle_models.modeldb file with a notepad
    7) use search to and put this: 25 dismounted_conquistadores so that it's 100% right thing
    8) This is the original code:
    Code:
    -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 25 dismounted_conquistadores 1 4 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod0.mesh 121 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod1.mesh 900 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod2.mesh 2500 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod3.mesh 6400 2 5 spain 75 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 55 unit_sprites/spain_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr 8 portugal 78 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_portugal.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 58 unit_sprites/portugal_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr 2 5 spain 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_diff.texture 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_norm.texture 0  8 portugal 62 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_portugal_diff.texture 62 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_portugal_norm.texture 0  1 4 None 14 MTW2_Swordsman 0  2 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    9) Add these lines(Blue is what to change Red is what to add(You should edit this file with the keyboard not with the mouse):

Code:
    -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 25 dismounted_conquistadores 1 4 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod0.mesh 121 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod1.mesh 900 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod2.mesh 2500 71 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/dismounted_conquistadores_lod3.mesh 6400 3 5 spain 75 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 55 unit_sprites/spain_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr 6 france 75 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 55 unit_sprites/spain_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr 8 portugal 78 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_portugal.texture 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_normal.texture 58 unit_sprites/portugal_Dismounted_Conquistadores_sprite.spr  3 5 spain 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_diff.texture 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_norm.texture 0  6 france 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_diff.texture 59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_spain_norm.texture 0 8 portugal 62 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_portugal_diff.texture 62 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Iberian_portugal_norm.texture 0  1 4 None 14 MTW2_Swordsman 0  2 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    10) Test the game every time you edit something and remember what you edited because if you do and see something is wrong then you can fix your mistakes.

10.1) Make sure you make no mistakes because if you do then the game won't work anymore and system.log won't show any error report...

10.2) If you still don't understand the code then look in here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77323

11) - (Optional) If you wan't to add France colors to this unit then change the first line you added
    ("6 france 75 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_spain.texture") To
    ("6 france 76 unit_models/_Units/RN_Half_3Q_Plate/textures/rn_half_3q_plate_france.texture")

NB! Make sure the texture file is in the folder because CA didn't make all textures for all factions.

NB2! here is Byzantium musketeer texture(Made By RTR Fan): http://files.filefront.com/Byzantium.../fileinfo.html
    To make it work you must copy this file to: Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models\_units\rn_light_lmail\textures
    and do what already nr 11 told you...

12) Now if you want Dismounted Conquistadores to have also an unit card and an info card...
    Then Medieval II Total War\data\ui\units\spain or portugal and copy #dismounted_conquistadores
    to Medieval II Total War\data\ui\units\france

NB! You can edit the picture to whatever you like... I recolored it with photoshop and made it look like french unit...

13) Now the unit info picture
    Medieval II Total War\data\ui\unit_info\spain or portugal and copy dismounted_conquistadores_info
    to Medieval II Total War\data\ui\unit_info\france

NB! You can edit this picture also to make it look like france...

14) Now to add the new unit to Campaign map edit export_descr_buildings in
    "installed folder"\Medieval II Total War\mymod\data

Find all Dismounted Conquistadores:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Conquistadores"  1   0.4   3  0  requires factions { spain, portugal, }  and hidden_resource america
    And add France all of them like this(Don't copy paste this on all of them because some numbers are different from each building):
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Conquistadores"  1   0.4   3  0  requires factions { spain, portugal, france, }  and hidden_resource america
    Optional: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75791

Special Thanks to:
    kleemann
    RTR Fan
    DukeofSerbia
    Zorgrath
    KnightErrant
    Hans Kloss

NB!!!
    1) The blue 3 - Shows how many factions have this unit.
    2) Number front of factions show's it's letters, that means if you put there hre then it must be 3 hre or 7 england
    3) Number front of sentence text shows also how many letters is in this sentence
    (remember when you change the first sentence to get right faction colors - remember how many letters you deleted/added and change the number)
    4) If there is a 0 then there must be two spaces after the number(like this "0__2")
    NB!!!! EXEPT the last two numbers and that i mean this: "
    fs_test_shield 0 16" <-- here must not be 2 spaces

FAQ:

Q: I have a problem with battle_models.modeldb file can anybody help me?
    A: PM M3rcury15 i think he can help you. But describe your problem in detail...

Q: I added an unit to a faction but it's still invisible?
    A1: Common problem can be that you forgot to create the bat file that has --io.file_first like this: medieval2.exe @mymod.cfg --io.file_first
    A2: Or you accidentally copied battle_models.modeldb to mymod folder. battle_models.modeldb must be in this folder: C:\"installed folder"\Medieval II Total War\data

Q: I added a cavalry unit to a faction. The unit is there, but the horses are invisible?
    A: At the beginning of the battle_models.modeldb are mounts. If the unit's horse is invisible, find the horse what the unit should use and add the horse to the faction like you would add any unit.

Q: My edition is perfect but after i change texture name to the faction that i just added i have CTD?
    A: The file is just missing.

Q: I tried to create a new unit using old units textures and meshes and i wanted to make a spearman to swordman but the weapon don't change?
    A: Weapons and shields of the units are implanted in the mesh file not in the end of unit, i think changing the end will change the animation but i am not sure.

Q: How to make mounted units to dismounted?
    A: Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78236
    Last edited by M3rcury15; June 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Default Re: Tutorial to add new units for factions

Wow amazing job, thanks for the tut!

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

tutorials should be posted in tools and tutorial section
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Another great breakthrough! I can see Byzantine musketeers already :shudder:
    Idealists are like the captain that knows his destination, but doesn't know how to sail,
    Realists are like a captain who knows how to sail, but not where he is going.

Huge Cathedral Fix
    Mod Switch for Dummies
    Lite Historical Positions Mod - recruiting!

Adding horses should actually work because i tried adding horse units to saxons and the riders were there but horse was invisible... But then i looked the file more closer and find out at the start of the file there are horses and saxons weren't there that's why my added saxon horses didn't work... If you add horses to another faction, the Game should recognize your newly added horses

Just don't add horses to Saxons right now

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

many thanks for tutorial...
    its after xmas gift for me
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by severdhope View Post
    Another great breakthrough! I can see Byzantine musketeers already :shudder:
    I am sorry i should've seen it sooner...
    Right now we can't add musketeers with byzantine colors because CA didn't make musketeer texture for byzantine...
    Unless someone makes the texture file and puts in this topic...

lol, it was a joke. as much as i like paying them, i think any weaknesses and strengths in their unit roster actually give them a lot of character :wink:

btw, I love the tutorial, I hope you don't mind but I gave out a link to this forum several times to people with questions
    Idealists are like the captain that knows his destination, but doesn't know how to sail,
    Realists are like a captain who knows how to sail, but not where he is going.

Huge Cathedral Fix
    Mod Switch for Dummies
    Lite Historical Positions Mod - recruiting!

I actually wanted to trying adding some of the more unique units into Mercenary factions so that I can use create_unit to use them in my game, but I was having so much problem with adding Scotland Noble Pikemen into Mercenary, actually, everything works fine except during battle it won't show up. I think I am about to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by severdhope View Post
    lol, it was a joke. as much as i like paying them, i think any weaknesses and strengths in their unit roster actually give them a lot of character :wink:

btw, I love the tutorial, I hope you don't mind but I gave out a link to this forum several times to people with questions
    Sure that's why i made this tutorial...

Hi,

I've tried to add Teutonic Knights to the Sicily Faction, but it doesn't work. I do no whats wrong, maybe you can help me. :hmmm:
    I've already add sicily in the export_descr_unit.

Here is the script from the battle_models.modeldb

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 20 teutonic_knights_ug1 1 3 65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/teutonic_knights_ug1_lod0.mesh 121 65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/teutonic_knights_ug1_lod1.mesh 1225 65 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/teutonic_knights_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400 2 3 hre 70 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/textures/mtw2_EN_Pplate_hre.texture 73 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/textures/mtw2_EN_Pplate_normal.texture 44 unit_sprites/hre_NE_Bodyguard_ug1_sprite.spr 6 sicily 73 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/textures/mtw2_EN_Pplate_hre.texture 73 unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/textures/mtw2_EN_Pplate_normal.texture 44 unit_sprites/hre_NE_Bodyguard_ug1_sprite.spr 2 3 hre 64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater Special_hre_diff.texture 64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater Special_hre_norm.texture 0 6 sicily 64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater Special_hre_diff.texture 64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater Special_hre_norm.texture 0 1 5 Horse 13 MTW2_HR_Lance 12 MTW2_HR_Mace 2 21 MTW2_HR_Lance_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 2 17 MTW2_Mace_Primary 14 fs_test_shield 16

Thank you in advance

I have noticed several entires for some, take the Mongol Dismounted heavy Archer? There are 2 entries for this, 1 with upgrade path. Do we need to edit both and then add it into EDB? As your tutorial states nothing about adding it into the building recruitment area. Any help will be nice Thanks for posting this info to get me started.

OK I tried adding the dismounted christian guard to denmark. Not working. And the game doesn't crash

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 26 dismounted_christian_guard 1 4 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_christian_guard_lod0.mesh 121 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_christian_guard_lod1.mesh 900 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_christian_guard_lod2.mesh 2500 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_christian_guard_lod3.mesh 6400 2 5 moors 62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_moors.texture 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/moors_Urban_Militia_ug1_sprite.spr 7 denmark 62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_moors.texture 63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_normal.texture 2 5 moors 66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_moors_diff.texture 66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_moors_norm.texture 0 7 denmark 66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_moors_diff.texture 66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Middle Eastern_moors_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 14 MTW2_Swordsman 0 2 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 14 fs_test_shield
    Last edited by Gruven; December 31, 2006 at 12:12 AM.

Is that the actual code you used, because I noticed some problems with it.

...6 france 76 unit_models...
    The 76 from the first line should be a 75 like in the original line you copied it from correct? I even checked the number of charicters used in that line and it was 75.

Here is my example of the scots guard.

I changed

-0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 11 scots_guard 1 3 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod0.mesh 121 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod1.mesh 1225 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod2.mesh 6400 1 6 france 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_france.texture 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_normal.texture 42 unit_sprites/france_Scots_Guard_sprite.spr 1 6 france 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 11 MTW2_Bowman 15 MTW2_Non_Shield 1 19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16
    To

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 11 scots_guard 1 3 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod0.mesh 121 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod1.mesh 1225 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod2.mesh 6400 2 6 france 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_france.texture 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_normal.texture 42 unit_sprites/france_Scots_Guard_sprite.spr 8 scotland 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_france.texture 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_normal.texture 42 unit_sprites/france_Scots_Guard_sprite.spr 2 6 france 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_norm.texture 0 8 scotland unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 11 MTW2_Bowman 15 MTW2_Non_Shield 1 19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16

/Edit I apparently did something wrong because the game freezes when I try to launch. Ill have to figure it out later I suppose.. It's bed time.

//Edit AHH HA I got it!

-0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 11 scots_guard 1 3 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod0.mesh 121 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod1.mesh 1225 61 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/scots_guard_lod2.mesh 6400 2 6 france 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_france.texture 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_normal.texture 42 unit_sprites/france_Scots_Guard_sprite.spr 8 scotland 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_france.texture 92 unit_models/_Units/LN_3QPlate_HalfPlate/textures/mtw2_LN_halfplate_scotsguard_normal.texture 42 unit_sprites/france_Scots_Guard_sprite.spr 2 6 france 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_norm.texture 0 8 scotland 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_france_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 11 MTW2_Bowman 15 MTW2_Non_Shield 1 19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16
    Last edited by Mr_Breeze; December 31, 2006 at 06:04 AM.

Hi Guys ! Happy new Yearrr !!!

I need som help.I succeded add 1 new unit to hungarians.But the new unit work only in vanilla version.How i can use this unit in my mod?? ( lands to conquer-mod)
    Thx the help.

It would really help if you spaced out your original post so that it looked like the file.

The damned thing is hard enough to read without you putting 1 line that extends the entire BBcode window 3 times a far.

Ok i haven't checked the forums for some time(i was away) now to answer your problems

To Gruven: Adding units to campaign map was so easy that i didn't include it here but will do it after i get home...
    And you probably made this mistake 2) Copy the unpacked units_models folder to C:\"installed folder"\Medieval II Total War\data
    or this 3) Make a bat file with this line: medieval2.exe @mymod.cfg --io.file_first

To Mr_Breeze: Thank you i forgot that i didn't add france there[repaired]
    It's nice to see you fixed your problem yourself but if anybody get problems PM ME!!!

To Hunor: 3) Make a bat file with this line: medieval2.exe @mymod.cfg --io.file_first just change mymod to cfg that lands to conquer uses...

To Endomatic: I'm sorry if you didn't understand my way of writing but it's easier to understand if the red is in one line...

If you people get any more problems don't hesitate to PM me i will try to get the time to help you! - I check more mails than i check this thread...

What if you want to change the name of a unit?

For instance, I want to take the Mounted Longbowmen unit, and give it to the Scots and change the name to something different.

Is that even possible?

You change the name using the text files. This is for models .

In export_descr_unit.txt under the unit you can change the text file it looks at to whatever you want. Of course you would have to create your own text files with your own name of the unit.If you know how to use the txt.bin unpacker (somewhere on this forum) this would be just like modding it for Rome Total War.

I've been trying to add sergeant spearmen to the saxons but it doesn't work and I don't really know why. The game doesn't crash, but it they still look like transparent silver soldiers.

MTW2_Sword_Primary 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 17 sergeant_spearmen 1 4 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod0.mesh 121 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod1.mesh 900 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod2.mesh 2500 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod3.mesh 6400 9 6 france 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_france.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/france_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 3 hre 75 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_hre.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 45 unit_sprites/hre_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 6 saxons 75 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_hre.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 45 unit_sprites/hre_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 5 milan 77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_milan.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/milan_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 6 venice 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_venice.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/venice_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 12 papal_states 84 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_papal_states.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 54 unit_sprites/papal_states_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 6 sicily 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_sicily.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/sicily_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 5 slave 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/slave_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 7 normans 79 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_england.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 49 unit_sprites/normans_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 9 6 france 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_france_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_france_norm.texture 0 3 hre 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_diff.texture 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_norm.texture 0 6 saxons 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_diff.texture 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_norm.texture 0 5 milan 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_milan_diff.texture 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_milan_norm.texture 0 6 venice 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_venice_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_venice_norm.texture 0 12 papal_states 63 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_papal_states_diff.texture 63 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_papal_states_norm.texture 0 6 sicily 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_sicily_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_sicily_norm.texture 0 5 slave 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_slave_diff.texture 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_slave_norm.texture 0 7 normans 58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_normans_diff.texture 58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_normans_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 10 MTW2_Spear 0 2 18 MTW2_Spear_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16

(I am using a mod-switch, but that shouldn't make a difference, should it?)

Try this. The only thing that looks wrong with yours is, it appears you didn't double space after the zeros.

-0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 17 sergeant_spearmen 1 4 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod0.mesh 121 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod1.mesh 900 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod2.mesh 2500 64 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/sergeant_spearmen_lod3.mesh 6400 9 6 france 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_france.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/france_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 3 6 saxons 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_france.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/france_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 3 hre 75 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_hre.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 45 unit_sprites/hre_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 5 milan 77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_milan.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/milan_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 6 venice 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_venice.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/venice_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 12 papal_states 84 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_papal_states.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 54 unit_sprites/papal_states_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 6 sicily 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_sicily.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 48 unit_sprites/sicily_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 5 slave 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 47 unit_sprites/slave_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 7 normans 79 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_england.texture 78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture 49 unit_sprites/normans_Dummy_EN_Spearmen_sprite.spr 9 6 france 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_france_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_france_norm.texture 0 3 hre 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_diff.texture 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_norm.texture 0 6 saxons 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_diff.texture 54 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_hre_norm.texture 0 5 milan 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_milan_diff.texture 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_milan_norm.texture 0 6 venice 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_venice_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_venice_norm.texture 0 12 papal_states 63 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_papal_states_diff.texture 63 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_papal_states_norm.texture 0 6 sicily 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_sicily_diff.texture 57 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_sicily_norm.texture 0 5 slave 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_slave_diff.texture 56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_slave_norm.texture 0 7 normans 58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_normans_diff.texture 58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Kite_normans_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 10 MTW2_Spear 0 2 18 MTW2_Spear_primary 14 fs_test_shield 0 16
    /Edited I forgot to double space a zero (LOL), and left off a bit at the end.

When I did mine (scots guard and sherwood archers) I copied the unit_info and the unit files for each unit in the UI folder. You just copy/past them from one factions folder to the other.

Ahh theres seems to be a problem... When I post the text it removes the double spacing after the zero's.
    Just take the text I posted and go through it and make sure there are two spaces after every zero
    Damn these forums are buggy... sorry for the double post
    Last edited by Trajan; January 02, 2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast