Thread: Is it possible to liberate the Bourbons in France?

Default Is it possible to liberate the Bourbons in France?

Are they a faction I can liberate or are they only in the early campaigns?
    Last edited by skillfultree; March 03, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Default Re: Is it possible to liberate the Bourbons in France?

No, which i think is really ridiculous. I mean, if napoleon was able to reshape Europe in his image (at least from 1807-1812), why wouldn't any other power have the ability to do the same? I honestly wish the major coalition powers had the ability to appoint members of their respective royal families to puppet kingdoms, just as Napoleon did. It would add an amazing amount of immersion to the game.

Default Re: Is it possible to liberate the Bourbons in France?

It definitely feels like a theme of the game with the introduction of the liberation mechanic and that the Napoleonic wars never felt like a war of conquest (except for the French) but rather a war of new and old regimes. For the coalition factions in the game it seems more immersive to liberate the old nations and to end a campaign with the Bourbons restored in France.

Other wise what else are you going to do with the French region? Sure you could hold onto it or give it to another major power but that goes against the idea of liberation. I feel like that another faction, maybe the Crimean Khanate, should be remade into Bourbon France.