Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

Default "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

A pair of 32 year old Indian IT Engineers were the victims. One was killed and the other seriously wounded. A crazed racist saw two brown skinned men sitting in a bar. He was kicked out after accusing them of being illegal immigrants and shouting ethnic slurs at them. A nice Kansan offered to buy the Indians drinks to make them feel welcome. Sadly the racist returned to the bar with a gun and shot them.

The widow of the guy who died called the attack a hate crime. The father of the one who survived said:The situation seems to be pretty bad after Trump took over as the U.S. president. I appeal to all the parents in India not to send their children to the United States in the present circumstances” What do we think of his hypothesis that Trump is causing an increase in hate crimes?
    Last edited by Enros; February 26, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: Migrant attacks crisis in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    It's another "right-wing terrorists are more dangerous than Islamists" thread.

To the dead , it is surely much the same.

Still waiting for Trump to comment on the terrorist killing of those 2 Indians , seeing he had time to comment on a non-existent event in Sweden.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Default Re: Migrant attacks crisis in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    To the dead , it is surely much the same.

Still waiting for Trump to comment on the terrorist killing of those 2 Indians , seeing he had time to comment on a non-existent event in Sweden.
    Donald has in fact referred to three non-existent terrorist attacks since winning the election, yet cannot comment on the racist murder of this innocent man. He has no balls, and no moral centre.

Default Re: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    A pair of 32 year old Indian IT Engineers were the victims. One was killed and the other seriously wounded. A crazed racist saw two brown skinned men sitting in a bar. He was kicked out after accusing them of being illegal immigrants and shouting ethnic slurs at them. A nice Kansan offered to buy the Indians drinks to make them feel welcome. Sadly the racist returned to the bar with a gun and shot them.

The widow of the guy who died called the attack a hate crime. The father of the one who survived said:The situation seems to be pretty bad after Trump took over as the U.S. president. I appeal to all the parents in India not to send their children to the United States in the present circumstances” What do we think of his hypothesis that Trump is causing an increase in hate crimes?
    Trump has tweeted on a number of issues, some entirely made up. But to my knowledge no offered comment on this. I wonder why. We have similar issues here, post-Brexit, but only one gun victim so far, an MP.
    Last edited by mongrel; February 26, 2017 at 06:44 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Default Re: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

Yeah that sucks for them. And it also sucks that this incident is being used to score political points. It's highly disrespectful.

Yeah that sucks for them. And it also sucks that this incident is being used to score political points. It's highly disrespectful.
    Crime and how to prevent it is inherently political. And it's the families of the victims who are demanding political action, not some random politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    Crime and how to prevent it is inherently political. And it's the families of the victims who are demanding political action, not some random politicians.
    But random TWC posters.

Trump has not called for killing Indians or any immigrant population, so I'm not sure what action you really expect.

Trump
    Saying that Trump doesn't care because he hasn't commented is just silly. Plenty of murders and hate crimes under Obama without presidential statements.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post
    Saying that Trump doesn't care because he hasn't commented is just silly. Plenty of murders and hate crimes under Obama without presidential statements.
    Trump keeps justifying some of his bizarre polices on the grounds of keeping America safe, but he seems to be concerned only keeping America safe from Latinos and Muslims. Racist white gun owners don't seem to attract executive orders, so it seems.

But random TWC posters.

Trump has not called for killing Indians or any immigrant population, so I'm not sure what action you really expect.
    How about adopting a policy of not demonising immigrants, so that the more stupid pussy-grabbers don't get the wrong idea?

How about adopting a policy of not demonising immigrants, so that the more stupid pussy-grabbers don't get the wrong idea?
    Provide proof that he has demonized an immigrant group that includes these victims from India.

Provide proof that Trump's policy directly caused this particular attack.

I think there is ample evidence that Trump has , is and will continue to demonise Muslims. It is also well known that when it comes to racist attacks Hindhus and Sikhs have often become victims of murderous islamophobes, because these idiots can't tell the difference between them.

The attackers own actions provide sufficient evidence regarding the second point. Asking about visa status, questioning whether they came from the Middle East. All it took was a little drink for this pussy-grabber to turn to murder, presumably out of a sense of impunity for having such outrageous views.
    Last edited by mongrel; February 26, 2017 at 09:54 PM.

I think there is ample evidence that Trump has , is and will continue to demonise Muslims. It is also well known that when it comes to racist attacks Hindhus and Sikhs have often become victims of murderous islamophobes, because these idiots can't tell the difference between them.

The attackers own actions provide sufficient evidence regarding the second point. Asking about visa status, questioning whether they came from the Middle East. All it took was a little drink for this pussy-grabber to turn to murder, presumably out of a sense of impunity for having such outrageous views.
    Right but there were similar incidents before Trump ran for president. What empirical evidence is there for the hypothesis that Trump's policies directly caused this incident?

Right but there were similar incidents before Trump ran for president. What empirical evidence is there for the hypothesis that Trump's policies directly caused this incident?
    The use of the word 'visa' is a new development. Usually Muslims were murdered because of the notion that they all caused 9/11 or similar nonsense, not because of their immigration status. It will all come out in the trial, I'm sure.

Praeses

I think the link between Trump and this killing is hard to establish.

Since 2001 there have been spikes of aggression against Sikhs and other people from the subcontinent. I believe a number of Sikhs were beaten to death in the streets after the 9/11 attacks on the mistaken assumption they were Muslims, and this incident smells like that. There is a general background animosity to Islam on the rise in the US and a lot of very dumb people unable to discriminate among targets for their hate (and lets be honest, stupidity has got to be an element in bigotry). Not trying to be prejudiced but there's a comedy staple which is "show a map to a US citizen with the names of the countries changed and see if they notice", there's a lot of smart and informed Yanks but plenty of dumb ones too.

If this attack is part of a spike you could argue there's a contribution from Trump as he has definitely played the hateful bigotry card repeatedly, have there been a lot of random killings of Muslims, or imagined Muslims, in the US since 2001? What's the pattern?

The parents statements are interesting, they would be feeling pretty crushed but that wouldn't invalidate their opinions.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

What's disrespectful about pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump (which is what you call scoring political points) due to his silence over an actual terror incident compared to him making up terror attacks?
    The Armenian Issue

String of terror attacks, sexual harassment, rapes, murders, no go zones etc, all committed by muslims => Isolated incidents which should not be our basis for judging.
    1 case of attack and murder against immigrants in the US => Indicative of Trump's policy in action, hate crime against all humanity.

"Progressive" double standards at its best.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    String of terror attacks, sexual harassment, rapes, murders, no go zones etc, all committed by muslims => Isolated incidents which should not be our basis for judging.
    1 case of attack and murder against immigrants in the US => Indicative of Trump's policy in action, hate crime against all humanity.

"Progressive" double standards at its best.
    Are you suggesting there was only one murder, and no sexual harassment, rape or any other murder or terror, from non-Muslims?
    The Armenian Issue

I think that what I am saying (not suggesting) is pretty clear. If it's not clear to some people, the problem is theirs, not mine.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    I think that what I am saying (not suggesting) is pretty clear. If it's not clear to some people, the problem is theirs, not mine.
    Well, if you're not objecting to what I said, which is a direct reflection of your earlier statement, the problem lies with a gross misrepresentation of facts we live with.
    The Armenian Issue

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    What's disrespectful about pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump (which is what you call scoring political points) due to his silence over an actual terror incident compared to him making up terror attacks?
    Inter omnes constat that accusing a man for his silence instead of accusing him for the words he actually pronounced is the quintessence of Stalinism and Fascism.

In my opinion this "judgement of intentions" perfectly depicts the mental and moral misery of its perpetrators and their ideological bankruptcy, so, I'm not surprised (actually I'm glad) that many social-fascists and losers spend their time doing this.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast