Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

Default Re: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Provide proof that he has demonized an immigrant group that includes these victims from India.

Provide proof that Trump's policy directly caused this particular attack.
    I seem to recall Obama frequently demonized white people and referred to them in dismissive language. Obama once referred to white people as "bitter individuals clinging to antipathy, clinging to hatred of different people, to their guns and religion."

Default Re: "Get out of my country!" Two Indians shot by racist terrorist in Kansas

You mean small town Pennsylvania/Midwest:

These qualities of hospitality, patriotism and endurance are exactly what Californians need to hear about Pennsylvanians. And when he spoke to a group of his wealthier Golden State backers at a San Francisco fund-raiser last Sunday, Barack Obama took a shot at explaining the yawning cultural gap that separates a Turkeyfoot from a Marin County. “You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them,” Obama said. “And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
    Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mayhil...a_b_96188.html

An analysis that the Trump phenomenon, and really any historical look at small town America, upholds.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    I seem to recall Obama frequently demonized white people and referred to them in dismissive language. Obama once referred to white people as "bitter individuals clinging to antipathy, clinging to hatred of different people, to their guns and religion."
    Can I ask why are you making up about Google-able issues?
    The Armenian Issue

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Really? Demonizing white people? I think you're spending a little too much time on Free Republic.

In other news, the murderer in NYC has been charged with murder as an act of terrorism. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.29e15c31fa81

Looks like a crazy Afghan vet too. Sheesh, most veterans do fine when they muster out. But there are some doozies among them.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Really? Demonizing white people? I think you're spending a little too much time on Free Republic.

In other news, the murderer in NYC has been charged with murder as an act of terrorism. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.29e15c31fa81

Looks like a crazy Afghan vet too. Sheesh, most veterans do fine when they muster out. But there are some doozies among them.

Terrorism is a very popular word and very popular charge these days by prosecutors looking to get more media attention and who tend to overcharge.

"Terroristic threats" when a drunk man has an argument with his wife, etc...

"Terrorism" when a man swings a baseball bat at a neighbor during a fight, etc.

The term is becoming as meaningless as "fascist" long-ago became in the Anglophone world.

Terrorism is a very popular word and very popular charge these days by prosecutors looking to get more media attention and who tend to overcharge.

The term is becoming as meaningless as "fascist" long-ago became in the Anglophone world.
    Bollocks. Someone died here, a real person and that racist has to account for that.

He confessed that he had a clear political agenda as a motive, a white supremacist one. He killed someone in cold blood to promote that aim. We wanted to kill other black people in order push the message further.
    Last edited by Tiberios; March 29, 2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Off topic
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

So, are you just gonna ignore that fact that you lied about Obama's words?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    So, are you just gonna ignore that fact that you lied about Obama's words?
    Or that a racist murder took place?

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

The term murder accurately covers what happened, without having to make this about "terrorism" and invoking all the spooky images that terrorism conjures up in the mind.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Murder is too broad. This guy specifically targeted a black person because the victim was black, and because he'd had a deep-seated antipathy against black people. He had originally intended to murder more black men until he felt remorseful. This meets the definition of a hate crime. Since he had a political agenda as well (he wanted to make white women afraid to mix with black men), it meets the definition of terrorism.

Just because he's white, Christian, and a veteran doesn't mean he's not a terrorist. In fact, that demographic produces the domestic terrorists in the US.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Murder is too broad. This guy specifically targeted a black person because the victim was black, and because he'd had a deep-seated antipathy against black people. He had originally intended to murder more black men until he felt remorseful. This meets the definition of a hate crime. Since he had a political agenda as well (he wanted to make white women afraid to mix with black men), it meets the definition of terrorism.

Just because he's white, Christian, and a veteran doesn't mean he's not a terrorist. In fact, that demographic produces the domestic terrorists in the US.

Are we talking about the drunk redneck in the bar who shot two immigrants [the title of the thread] or the disgruntled mentally ill veteran who stabbed the homeless black man to death?

I am disgusted that Mongrel has not merely suggested, but explicitly stated that I approve of the killings merely because I don't want to use the word "terrorism" to describe the killings.

I consider Dylan Roof to be an example of domestic racist terrorism, a man with a clear [I use the term loosely, very loosely, "muddled" would be more appropriate, but anyway] political agenda who used violence to further it.

A disgruntled mentally ill army veteran, doesn't quite make the cut for the "terrorist label" and I don't think a drunk redneck shouting some jingoistic nonsense makes the cut. It cheapens the effect that the word "terrorism" has, when it is applied to everything.

Are we talking about the drunk redneck in the bar who shot two immigrants [the title of the thread] or the disgruntled mentally ill veteran who stabbed the homeless black man to death?

I am disgusted that Mongrel has not merely suggested, but explicitly stated that I approve of the killings merely because I don't want to use the word "terrorism" to describe the killings.

I consider Dylan Roof to be an example of domestic racist terrorism, a man with a clear [I use the term loosely, very loosely, "muddled" would be more appropriate, but anyway] political agenda who used violence to further it.

A disgruntled mentally ill army veteran, doesn't quite make the cut for the "terrorist label" and I don't think a drunk redneck shouting some jingoistic nonsense makes the cut. It cheapens the effect that the word "terrorism" has, when it is applied to everything.
    The black man referred to was not homeless, and was to be the first of many intended victims. Mentally ill people don't tend to draw up a killing plan and travel to a major city to carry it out . He has confessed to having a clear political motive, not much different to Dylan Roof's . The terrorist surrendered because the Police put out camera footage . He said his military training had aided him in his plan to kill African American men in NYC
    He also said he had been thinking about attacking people for the past three years. Given the circumstances, I do wonder why you would dismiss these quite evident facts. Terrorism isn't a label, it's a description of this killer's intent. Apparently you are more concerned about smearing Obama. Of course you could be implying that racism is a form of mental illness , now that would be interesting..

Interestingly, Neither Dylan Roof nor James Jackson were brought up that way, they learned how to be violently racist from others.

Jackson said he had turned to online spaces such as the Daily Stormer to discuss his racist views with “like-minded people”, which underlines my belief that people who share extremist racist views online should be considered a security risk.
    Last edited by Tiberios; March 30, 2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Off topic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...-man/99705466/

A sword-wielding racist who traveled to New York City and allegedly killed a homeless black man was charged Monday with state terrorism charges - a rarity - in a crime that prosecutors decried as an assault on personal and racial freedom.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...-man/99705466/

A sword-wielding racist who traveled to New York City and allegedly killed a homeless black man was charged Monday with state terrorism charges - a rarity - in a crime that prosecutors decried as an assault on personal and racial freedom.
    The NYT states quite clearly that reports of this person being homeless are incorrect.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/n...hman.html?_r=0

It is telling that you are more concerned about labeling the victim of the crime rather than the fact that radicalized racists are wandering around killing Americans.Disgraceful.
    Last edited by mongrel; March 29, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The NYT states quite clearly that reports of this person being homeless are incorrect.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/n...hman.html?_r=0

It is telling that you are more concerned about labeling the victim of the crime rather than the fact that radicalized racists are wandering around killing Americans.Disgraceful.

In 2015 exactly 229 black Americans were reported killed by white Americans. The same year approximately 500 white Americans were killed by black Americans.

Usually murder is of no moral consequence to the left, killings, massacres, political purges, it doesn't matter. But if somebody appears to be selected on the basis of skin color, and the perpetrator is light/white, then the crime is an atrocity that the left suddenly cares about.

The left doesn't care a darn about the purges in the USSR or China, 50-100 million dead, because it was mostly about politics/class/money/land/etc.

The left doesn't even care about black-on-black violence. The only killings that matter are those that fit the leftist narrative.

All killings are wrong, but your narrative that the USA is a nation with radicalized racists wandering around killing their fellow citizens is disgusting, dishonest, and demonstrably false.

The USA is a very safe nation where as a general rule, people of all races are able to get along "reasonably well" and to treat each other with the respect and dignity that all human beings deserve in their daily interactions, despite the best efforts of the left to engender a mentality of victim-hood, resentment, and hostility in some demographics.

In 2015 exactly 229 black Americans were reported killed by white Americans. The same year approximately 500 white Americans were killed by black Americans.

Usually murder is of no moral consequence to the left, killings, massacres, political purges, it doesn't matter. But if somebody appears to be selected on the basis of skin color, and the perpetrator is light/white, then the crime is an atrocity that the left suddenly cares about.

The left doesn't care a darn about the purges in the USSR or China, 50-100 million dead, because it was mostly about politics/class/money/land/etc.

The left doesn't even care about black-on-black violence. The only killings that matter are those that fit the leftist narrative.

All killings are wrong, but your narrative that the USA is a nation with radicalized racists wandering around killing their fellow citizens is disgusting, dishonest, and demonstrably false.

The USA is a very safe nation where as a general rule, people of all races are able to get along "reasonably well" and to treat each other with the respect and dignity that all human beings deserve in their daily interactions, despite the best efforts of the left to engender a mentality of victim-hood, resentment, and hostility in some demographics.
    See what I mean, looks like I called you out. If a terrorist is white, shut up about it, it's somehow the left's fault, that's the message you give. Aren't all Americans, of any race, deserving of protection from terrorists, or is it only if the terrorist is likely to be brown?

I will take broad, sweeping statements for 500, Alex. I will let you in on a secret: the 'left' (as well as the 'right') are not monoliths and do not typically take extremists views, hence the term 'extremist'.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 01, 2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: reference nuv teq ~ Alhoon
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789