Thread: Ottoman turn bug - Final Solution

Default Ottoman turn bug - Final Solution

Some remarks:
    The Ottoman Empire gameplay will be significantly altered, as they will lose a large chuck of territory.
    This solution is ideal for people who struggle with this bug late in game and have actually stucked in a point where the turn won't really pass, even if you wait 1 or 2 hours.

The solution, step by step:

1- Download the Esf.Editor here. This tool will be used to edit your savegame.
    2- After extracting, open it. Open your savegame.
    3- Go to this thread. It's a Esf.Editor tutorial, which is going to be your compass here.
    4- In the thread, go to "Change region's ownership".
    5- Following the instructions right there, change the ownership of Rumelia and Anatolia to YOU.
    6- Back to the thread, go to "Change faction's capitol". Following the instructions, transfer the Ottoman capital from Constantinople to Cairo or any of Ottoman remaining cities (the game might crash if you ignore this step).
    7- Save your changes in Esf.Editor.
    8- Open the game and load your savegame.
    9- Give military access to Ottomans for whatever period of time and right after cancel it. This will expel the Ottoman troops from your new lands.
    10- Give Anatolia and Rumelia to different factions (this is, make sure each region is owned by a particular faction) or keep the regions for you yourself.
    Last edited by divilly; April 18, 2020 at 03:58 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Ottoman turn bug - Final Solution

Personally, I conquer them...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Foederatus

Rather drastic workaround, mate.
    Removing funds from the Ottoman treasury with ESF Editor really worked for me as a quick workaround, it's weird that it didn't work for you too.

Anyway, I seem to recall that the problem was caused by Ottoman armies trying to cross over to Istanbul from Anatolia (through the Bosphorus strait) and getting stuck there.

In order to solve this, players can:
    1-Take Istanbul.
    2-Block the Bosphorus strait with a strong fleet, so the Ottomans can't cross (and thus can't get stuck anymore).
    3-Try either of the edits we proposed.
    4-Play as the Ottoman Empire
    Last edited by Goreuncle; February 02, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

or even simpler, place own agent (spy) on the last possible place of land in straight... armies wont be able to pass through...

These straightforward solutions (removing funds, sending agent to block passage, taking Istanbul) are kind of preventive measures. I presented a repressive measure, designed for those who can't really make anything in-game, because not a single turn will pass.

actually, by properly designing unit limits, you can completely avoid these situations.. in my ER5 mod, i managed to avoid it almost completely.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    actually, by properly designing unit limits, you can completely avoid these situations.. in my ER5 mod, i managed to avoid it almost completely.
    Yes, I shared this information some time ago. The issue can be solved by changing certain factors. This involve changing the startpos unless you want it to affect all factions. In my Campaign development, I do not have an Ottoman bug.

Hi, it was a good idea to do a little tutorial on it but it does not work.
    I was able to do it entirely, now the rumelie and the anatoli are in my possession. And yet the Ottoman virus is still there.