Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most difficult pc game you ever played?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default What is the most difficult pc game you ever played?

I finally started playing Scourge of War: Gettysburg and seems to be really challenging. The interface is difficult to understand and even winning a battle in the second tutorial is challenging.

What about you? What is the most difficult pc game you ever played?

Default Re: What is the most difficult pc game you ever played?

command modern air and naval operations or DCS with it's 1800 page manual for just one plane.
    Scourge of war is not difficult as a game, it's interface is just really poorly designed.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Game play wise X-COM Terror From The Deep was brutal even on easy settings.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Neverwinter Nights 1 when it comes to pvp stuff, or building a character strong enough to go through dungeons designed for very powerfull characters. These dungeons are made by players after all.

It's pretty much rocket science to build something effective in this game. Even if you think your character is strong, you might not even be able to hit someone else, and if they are a mage they might have ways to disable you before it even starts. And on the other side if you play a mage there's around 120 spells for each spell caster class that goes to level 9 spells. Finding out what to use and how to use the combinations the best can be pretty tricky too.
    And of course there's multiclassing. 40 levels in total, but you can be up to three classes. Which tend to have prerequests. There's 23 classes. And each class can be used in many different ways.
    Aside from that many weapons are straight up useless because there are clearly superiour alternatives, and the order of which you take the levels of each class also matters, and which feats and ability score improvements you take at what levels.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Battletoads
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Must propably be Men of War:Vietnam, just hard, not getting any easier with the clumsy controls...
    " Άρχεσθαι μαθών άρχειν επιστήσει "
    " When you learn to be commanded, you will learn to command "

Σόλων 630-560 π.Χ.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by general molotof View Post
    Must propably be Men of War:Vietnam, just hard, not getting any easier with the clumsy controls...
    That game is torture. I don't know any person who endured it.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Europa Universalis 4. It took me over a week to figure out how to play, and even when you know all the tricks it only takes one mistake or missed opportunity to lose the game if you are playing as a minor nation.

knights and merchants campaign.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

The most difficult is when you're playing shooting with 0,5 fps

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Morrowind can be very frustrating too. One of those games I wouldn't play without cheats. Really annoying to have creatures drain all your strength so you can't carry anything, have to run naked to a town to get a potion to restore your strength, and then move back to reclaim your stuff.
    At that point I was like, to hell with it, thats not fun to waste lots of time on that just because some random enemy has such a lame attack.

Then again I never understood why some people like to be tortured by video games. A challenge is nice, but for that you need to feel challenged. A waste of time isn't a challenge, its a chore.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    command modern air and naval operations or DCS with it's 1800 page manual for just one plane.
    Scourge of war is not difficult as a game, it's interface is just really poorly designed.
    Yes, I was thinking about strategy games, my bad. Not a difficult games, though, but any modern flight simulator with a realistic addon could be a nightmare. An il-62 or Tu-154 (commercial russian planes) is terrorific, understanding cyrillic alphabet + completely different and old fashioned navigation is a real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Morrowind can be very frustrating too. One of those games I wouldn't play without cheats. Really annoying to have creatures drain all your strength so you can't carry anything, have to run naked to a town to get a potion to restore your strength, and then move back to reclaim your stuff.
    At that point I was like, to hell with it, thats not fun to waste lots of time on that just because some random enemy has such a lame attack.

Then again I never understood why some people like to be tortured by video games. A challenge is nice, but for that you need to feel challenged. A waste of time isn't a challenge, its a chore.
    Happened to me I had to run back from the north of Vvardenfell to get a cure desease potion. Ran back to collect my gear to only to find afterwards that I was heading in the wrong direction for quest in the first place... Spent literally all of a sunday afternoon for this and it is still to this day a memorable and enjoyable session in Morrowind. Loved every minute very simular to playing a good table top session of AD & D

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Without a doubt Dwarf Fortress, the nec-plus-ultra in dwarf simulation. Been playing that one for many years, and still consider myself a total noob.I still haven't touched any of the 'advanced basic stuff' like mills and pumps, let alone any of the more advanced stuff. It has comlex game mechanics and an atrocious UI that don't make it easy to get into. But persevere, and you'll be rewarded with a rich and never ceasing to amaze game.

Here's a story based on a dwarf fortress playthrough:

Second place would go to Eve Online.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; May 10, 2017 at 01:06 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Europa Universalis 4, it is still difficult game to learn it.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Hearts of Iron III due to a high learning curve to play the game and the sheer amount of micromanagement that it involves. Think I only have a few hours in the game: playing as the Soviet Union, the first hour or two was spent on just organising the divisions and army hierachy so that I could comprehent better what troops my fronts consists of. I also attempted Germany but failed miserably and all my military campaigns went downhill straight from the beginning. Yeah, quite an achievement, ain't it.

I'd also say My Summer Car which gives absolutely no help whatsover to you - The player just starts in rural Finnish countryside in the 90's where the character is in constant threat of dying. My first 3 games ended like this:
    > Go drunk drive and realise your vehicle is in a trench upside down, try to hack the window off and die to dehydration.
    > Answer the phone on a thunderstorm, get a shock and die instantly.
    > Take a walk and become overrun by your neighbour.

Well soon after I realised that the game is a bit different, unforgiving game, and not something to played uncautiously. It just needs to be learnt the hard way.

The game ends if you happen to die - unless you take off that option in which case you're given with a "I am a coward" achievement.

Also, there's a car body in complete pieces that you have to put up together, building everything from a scratch including the engine parts. There's no guide or instructions given at all in the game. Though I must admit getting the engine run just a moment before stalling has been the most rewarding experience that I have had in any game that I have ever played. Its a deep feeling of satisfaction for having accomplished something that great even if it was all virtual.
    Last edited by Finlander; May 11, 2017 at 04:55 AM.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Super Robot War series.

This series have very many of video games. And every games have around 50 stages. And I only can clear 1 - 2 stage every day.

I still don't know it will cost my how many year to clear all this series. Haizzzzzz.

One of the most difficult PC game I have ever played is Call of Duty World war 2, which I have recently purchased from the official site of Instant-gaming. The series is really very awesome and enhance the power of playing strategic based shooting games.

From memory when I first got Shogun Total War which one of my first ever PC games for the Computer I got for Christmas back in 2003 I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, lost practically every battle and campaign got steamrolled. Not sure if anyone will remember it but there was a game called Spartan from Slitherine Studios I found really difficult to get far in aswell.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Well QWOP is obviously at the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast