Thread: Anyone have any Advice/Strategy tips for 355 Campaign as Julian

Icon5 Anyone have any Advice/Strategy tips for 355 Campaign as Julian

Hi!

This is my third restart with the 355 campaign trying to unite Rome as Julian. I was wondering if anyone has any advice/strategies to help the campaign to get a little easier.
    I know it is meant to be a hard campaign for Julian. I have also read that people who has played this particular one often, abandon Africa and Britain and consolidate in Gaul/Hispania.

Im that kinda player that wants to keep, and defend everything you have but at the same time i understand that every front canīt be defended and that some cities donīt make you money they drain you off your hard earned dinarii.

So now im trying again and this time im actually abandoning Africa and of course destroy everthing in the cities so the enemies doesnīt gain anything from taking them.
    And im gonna focus on the Rhine border and get rid of the germanic trouble there. Maybe trying to keep Britain, or evacuate it also and use the troops from there against the germans.

So basically making a strong foothold in Gaul, that will be the HQ so to speak. After the germans are dealt with, maybe its possible to go surplus and start converting the population back to the old ways

Any tip, advice or strategies is welcome, i need every help i can get with this one

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Anyone have any Advice/Strategy tips for 355 Campaign as Julian

Yes, it is a very hard campaign I must admit. You have to pick your regions to defend and abandon those that you can't. I also try to take the northern Italian cities, especially Ravenna as you gain cash rewards and also gain the whole Italian Peninsula. But I usually wait till any of the North Italian cities have rebelled so I don't cause the wrath of Constantius II too soon. Good luck with it all.