Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Portuguese Faction Mod

Default Re: Portuguese Faction Mod

Hello I'm the moder of Master Of Strategy. I'm interested in some of your content. I'm studying adding just the units as mercenaries or going up to the point as adding the whole portuguese faction. If you give me permision up to the point you want it would be great, obviously with the proper credit.

I'm having trouble with your mod. Everything I try to start up a campaign it crashes. I tried the 4 part steam version and this version. But both crash. I verified the cache and still it crashed. I have no other mods selected except "sinfonica semplice".

Are there any other mods that need to be downloaded?

PLease help I really want to play this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by deathheater5 View Post
    I'm having trouble with your mod. Everything I try to start up a campaign it crashes. I tried the 4 part steam version and this version. But both crash. I verified the cache and still it crashed. I have no other mods selected except "sinfonica semplice".

Are there any other mods that need to be downloaded?

PLease help I really want to play this mod.
    Nevermind I found the problem I had. Some of the Radius standalone file where interfering with it.

I am downloading it... fingers crossed, this is a super cool idea and makes S2 fresh again.

Nice!

Hello! I really like the mod. The units are awesome! I have a question: Is there a limit to how many nanban ports can Portugal have? Because I can only build one, while someone in a lets play could build more than one. Is it how its supposed to be or is it a glitch?

portugal_mod.pack unknown file
    C:\Users\KEVIN\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt user script existing

Error: expecting keyword 'version'
    Animations/BattleConfiguration/shogun_horse_rider_donderbuss_fragment.txt(1)

I don't know why this happens. Also, I don't have the otomo pack installed

Some interesting ideas here, I look forward to giving it a go!

Civis

Whats the status of this mod? I have been looking for something like this for a long time

I installed the mod as directed but Portugal isn't showing up? I seriously have no idea what could be causing this
    Last edited by Frunk; September 04, 2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Civis

Hi guys,

I am enjoying my campagne as Portugal. Is it possible to add correct portugese names e.g. Faction leader?

Can't make it work with 12 turns per year mod from steam workshop. Any ideas, why?

madrush's Avatar Senator

any thoughts on adding more units to the faction?

Hello mauiaw, did you contact mount and blade team? And if you did so, did they made a brand new muskets for free and let you use it in your mod or they just let you to use the exiting musket models from mount and blade fire and sword? Or you did not contact mount and blade team, but just took the muskets from fire and sword? Could you tell me it, because i am thinking of downloading your mod and i would like to know if there is somehting illegal.

This mod is amazing. Some personal changes I've made myself with Pack File Manager, though:
    • Added all ranks fire to musketeers and arquebusiers; I think this best represents the countermarch formation from Medieval 2 Total War without adding a new formation, and it improves their power to the point where they can be used as decent main-line ranged units instead of just one or two skirmishers per stack. Fire by ranks is still situationally useful (greater morale punch per volley). This change makes it so that the player would want more gunners than just hordes of crossbowmen in their army, given how bows are usually better than guns for general ranged fights in stock Shogun 2.
    • Allowed mounted arquebusiers to shoot on horseback; while that isn't realistic given the cumbersome nature of a matchlock, I just never ever found utility in them owing to how long it took to mount or dismount otherwise.
    • Gave pikemen, halberdiers, and aventureiros the pike wall ability and turned down their melee stats a bit. I couldn't gel with the fact that European pikemen couldn't form a wall, but Japanese spearmen could. I feel like this makes the pikemen a lot more important than before; previously it was like yari and katana samurai (in that you mostly just recruited swordsmen and rodeleros, not pikemen).

Some suggestions of mine, if you are still actively at work on the mod:
    • Reintroduce the European Traders faction as the Dutch VOC (their East India Company). The Dutch VOC would be probably based in Nagasaki, and would be an AI-controlled minor faction. They could recruit pikemen, swordsmen, halberdiers, arquebusiers, musketeers, pistoleers, demi-lancers, and captain-majors, but not the elite Portuguese-named units. They would focus on mass trade with other factions, have a sizable army defending Nagasaki, and would only really be hostile to the Portuguese, who they would make war with at the drop of a hat (being Protestant, not Catholic, plus competing traders). Their primary threat would be from the sea; as Portugal basically rules the waves once you get Caravels, having a European threat operating their own Caravels and Galleons could be quite interesting.
    • Some kind of donderbuss-carrying Portuguese unit would be nice; even if it's a bit of a fantasy unit (a la Otomo Donderbuss Cavalry or the hero units), a unit of Aventureiros carrying donderbusses and sabers on foot would be quite a nasty close-combat unit.

Random bugs I've observed:
    • Arquebusiers have a Japanese style vertical banner with the Asai clan's mon instead of a Portuguese flag.
    • Sometimes a randomly generated general will have both a Musketeer style hat and Arquebusier style helmet on at the same time in his little lower-left portrait on the campaign screen, leading to a... weird... appearance at the very least.
    • Many Portuguese units continue to speak Japanese and not accented English the way the Arquebusiers do. This happens even though they seem to have the Terco voice set assigned to them in the files. Perhaps just ripping the NTW Portugal voice lines (which shouldn't be too hard to assign, if they have the same "idle/retreating/advancing/etc." keywords the Japanese lines have) would suffice for this, or maybe assigning the Royal Marine voice lines.
    • You're likely already aware of it but Portuguese generals beyond the starter have Japanese last names. Modifying the name tables so that the exact same naming convention as the European Traders is used could help.

And some more suggestions (since I can't apparently edit my last post for whatever reason):
    • New Portuguese agent: the Merchant. He could highly increase trade income if inside a port or specialty province but would be easily killable by ninjas or geisha.
    • New Portuguese unit: the Mortar. Portugal suffers in sieges presently because the only arcing units it possesses are crossbowmen. To alleviate that, ETW-style mortars could arc explosive shots over walls, but have shorter range than culverins or bombards, and be less powerful.
    • Import the early sakers and demi-cannons from ETW (the way Master of Strategy Sengoku did) and use these as the Culverin's model, not the Parrott Gun, since it looks a little too modern to gel well with the rest of the army.
    • It might take some work, but Additional Units Mod style HTML encyclopedia entries for the Portuguese units would actually be really cool and nicely made. If that interests you I can write up a full description of each Portuguese unit for it.

Hi All! I just want to know if you (or any of you fellow modders) have a unit-only mod version of this? Like Radious Units and AUM? Coz I really really want the units especially the crossbows and halberdiers in my customized version of Master of Strategy by Weierstrass but I can't seem to include it in his mod. Units with unique weapons like halberdier and crosbowmen weapons don't show (as if soldiers are holding an invisible weapon) so I'm asking if these weapons are hardcoded or so, because I reallly really want to add them
    TL;DR
    (Weierstrass didn't add the xbow and halberd in his mod so I'm modding this to add these units but it doesnt work).

Nevermind. I got it working! It seems the problem is the equipment mesh numbers. They both have same numbers so all I did was to renumber them. Thanks to Saya and Ebira mod as mentioned here

Good day again my good sir. Some modders were asking for permission to make me release my personally tweaked units mod made from your mod to other parties. I promise to give you the proper credits and recognition needed for it. (it's a Master-of-Strategy Mod compatible units mod, personally tweaked by me)

Hey the google drive link stopped working, would it be possible to upload it again? cheers and much appreciated!

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

So, guessing this mod is dead?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast