Thread: What Version am Using ( and some other misc questions )

Default What Version am Using ( and some other misc questions )

Went back to playing M2TW after a long long break... I'm quite confident that I have SS 6.4 installed... set to start for early campaign ( 1100 ). Everything says 6.4 and it seems to run ok...

That said... I noticed my stonemasons hut gives a 5% discount to building cost instead of 5% tax increase... Also, my knights are all 32 men, spears are 76? I think, while I notice in other peoples screen shots, spears and whatnot are like 151 or something and knights are 60? Wondering if I screwed up my 6.4 install or if people are using additional mods... and if so which ones, and what do they do?

-----------

On a more strat level question... Playing as England... only 35? turns into the game or so... killed the scots, took ireland, and a couple of the low territories ( burges and antwerp? whatever )...

"Somehow" I've managed to maintain perfect relations with the pope as well as a "perfect" reputation globally... Allied to France, Venice, and one of the Iberian countries ( Leon or Portugal - I forget )...

Since my castles ( Nottingham and Caen ) have only just now leveled up... I'm still looking at pretty weak units overall... I can only just now field light infantry and norman spears or whatever... woohoo...

I'm curious if anyone has tried to play a "diplomatic" game as opposed to blitz... Or have suggestions on what direction I should send my pathetic english army? I'm thinking about breaking my alliance with France, but I seriously think this is the first time I've EVER played and somehow managed to have a perfect reputation... and it seems oddly amusing to try to maintain that... Not to mention, Frances armies are slightly better than mine...

Default Re: What Version am Using ( and some other misc questions )

Huh... played a couple more turns "peaceful" ... apparently France is cool with selling off Angers to me for $15k ( who knew )... even with a nice stack of troops inside it... also allied with the papal states...

Moors sold me their map info for a couple hundred bucks ( they look like they are going to steamroll the iberian peninsula )... I think I may take the fight to them for the time being while maintaining perfect relations with the rest of my Catholic buddies...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Version am Using ( and some other misc questions )

I haven't played SS6.4 in its original version for a long while but I think that stone-mason hut works that way. If you want to increase your unit size, go to your game settings and change the unit size to "huge". But you might need to start a new campaign to see the change.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader