Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Neville Manor

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Neville Manor

It is very unfortunate that the man who will ever marry her will steal the lands from her indeed. Westmorland said with a stern looking face this time, maybe a special clause in the marriage contract could prevent that. Don't worry brother, i will work for a solution in that matter. he said, maybe time to hire some lawyers for that, to see what can be done.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"Good. I will now leave, have matters to discuss with Lord Lancaster"

Said Furnival, as farewell.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Lord Richard of Conisburgh, Earl of Cambridge arrived once again. Two or so month after the latest visit.

Lord Westmorland welcomes the man in the main hall of his manor. ah, Lord Cambridge, is it not?, be welcome!. he began the conversation, if he came to ask permission to marry his half sister then he had just found a perfect solution to have her lands stay in the family a little longer.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; April 10, 2017 at 06:34 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

"It now indeed is" Richard said, somewhat annoyed at the fact Neville was so gracious now but not last time.

"Thank you for the warm welcome" He added after a brief pause.

"I've come to inquire about my marriage proposal Lord Neville."

Yes, My lord. Now if his half sister would marry this man, regardless of him being a bastard or not, she would be a countess and if that spiteful duke of York would sire no offspring then she would be a duchess, 'if'. Meanwhile a solution had been found for his half sister's Latimer lands. We are willing to grant you her hand, My Lord. Westmorland said. But let us first sign a contract yes? some of his hired lawyers wrote the contract for him. Westmorland quickly brought some papers to the table. 'Sign on the bottom of the last page please' Westmorland said, somewhere in the mid of the contract a special clause was written in small letter down that affirmed his sister's right to administer and rule Latimer lands in her own right. What one is not doing for his family...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Clause I Hereby declare that Lord Cambridge renounce my claims to the lands of Latimer held by the Noble Lady Elizabeth Neville who may administer and rule these lands on her own when she comes of age. If in the unfortunate case of the noble Lady dying her inheritance shall henceforth be inherited by her offspring off this marriage, if in the unfortunate case of no offspring is being sired and the Noble Lady dies premturely then her lands shall pass to her husband.

Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

Richard frowned, he had not married before but this seemed somewhat strange.. "You don't think I am simply going to sign this are you?"
    Richard stood up "My Lord Neville I shall take this contract and let it be examined by my own masters of law if you have no objections. If you do however I fear we cannot reach an agreement."

'Whatever'. Ofcourse, my Lord Cambridge, we do not have any objections. Westmorland said, hiding his irritation for Cambridge not signing the contract immediately.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

Richard said his goodbye's and left.

"Well Lord Neville." He said after he was admitted etc etc. Richard frowned a little.

"I found this interesting clause in the papers. Highly unusual, which makes me wonder why you would add it? " Richard inquired.

"non the less, negotiations are off if this clause is not revoked. I am a suitable match if I may say so myself"

Oh. Was Westmorland's first response, trying to feign ignorance at first, a pity he didn't overlook it. Ah, but My lord we all want the best for our siblings, no? he said, the clause had been more included in the contract to have these Latimer lands remain in Neville lands for as long as possible. You see, it was my lil sis who insisted on being responsible for her lands, i can not refuse her that ofcourse. Westmorland said, a lie, perhaps he was now being irritated over Richard's stubbornness.

But My lord, you will get a big dowry that will allow you to purchase lands from it and your offspring will then both control her lands and that lands you may purchase from the dowry. Westmorland said, why did he care about these Latimer lands so much, after all it is just three parcels of land.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

Richard let out a small 'hm' a large dowry could make him purchase all the lands withing Cambridge.. Richard was hellbent on getting the Latimer lands as well though. He needed more land to be viewed as a wealthy man within the realm.

"How much would this dowry be Lord Neville. It must be very large if I wish to buy the prosperous land in Cambridge."

I value my sister highly, ofcourse. Westmorland said with a smile, it appeared that perhaps Cambridge could be purchased. What about a dowry around 5750£ for my dear sister? ofcourse the dowry would be higher if these Latimer lands would stay in her possession and not be transferred to her husband when married.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

"Then I shall agree at once Lord Neville."

Richard smirked, having struck a mighty good deal. He could buy the lands in Cambridge now.

"pleasure doing business my lord."

A pleasure indeed, My lord Cambridge. Westmorland said, these lands would now stay within Neville hands under the rule of his sister.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Neville angrily closes his London residence and leaves for his estates on the countryside after the incident with the king.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Joan arrives in London, accompanied by a large train of servants and ladies. They arrive with pomp and ceremony outside Westmorland's London manor.

My dear wife, we have missed thyne noble presence. he said so while embracing his wife on the outer stairs, her ladies and servants installing themselves within the manor. Your noble brother is king!, but you already know that ofcourse. he chuckled, with Joan in Court she could bring advantages, hopefully.

Have you rested and recovered well, My Lady? He asked, she looked much better than when he departed from her almost a year ago, almost like she was before the tragedy.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Default Neville Manor

"I am well rested, husband. I have had time to properly grieve." The countess smiled. While Ralph had been away in the south, she had preoccupied herself with the running of the Neville estates in the north. It had kept her busy, distracted from the lack of fulfilment of her marital duties...

"Everything has changed, yes. You are now my brother's brother." Joan allowed herself a little smile. It had all changed so much, and so fast... This was a new domain for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gandalfus; April 30, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

And thou art now the sister to the king, a King's sister. Ralph teased her with a broad smile, from marrying the sister of the second most powerful man in England to ending up with a King's sister as wife, fate can be weird.

Ralph was glad that she had the time to recover and grieve for her child, and she did run his estates very well in his absence.
    So we are now at court, you'll see your brothers alot, like i will see my brother Thomas alot, don't you like that? he asked his wife while walking in their manor.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

She gave a vague shrug, her expression a little troubled.

"I don't know... My own Thomas stays in the north..." Joan had always been closest to Thomas Beaufort, now the Earl of Kendall, as they had been the closest in age. "I am more glad that I shall be with you, again. Middleham is huge, but lonesome."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast