Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod!

Awesome news:

I just read that War of the West is allowing the use of their units in other mods (has been permitted since may, but i read it just now - i once thought of using them back in march but it wasn't permitted so i had to abandon the idea.), allowing for The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen and Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign to use the Ireland roster for Munster/Muma and some of the older scotish units for Alba.

- England in that mod is too modern for the Viking Age, and so is most of the Scottish roster - but at least the Irish will get a new cool roster and scots will get a few units.

Btw, the unit creator of Wrath of the Norsemen - Absinthia - had been credited for base-models in War of the West, so the style of all those units are reminiscent of the style in use by WotN - as the basemodels were probably WotN units for some of the more savage units in that mod. The Irish really looks like WotN style but improved.

We will use the WotW units for Ireland and parts of the Albian roster, and then we will also implement Absinthias Romano-British units for Gwynedd.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Hows development going?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Hows development going?
    Busy with Warcraft Total War and can't work on two mods at the same time..

Due to the new game coming with a Viking theme i may try to release this before the end of decembre, but it's not certain. Warcraft has priority..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Due to the new game coming with a Viking theme i may try to release this before the end of decembre, but it's not certain. Warcraft has priority..
    Hope you are well and not working yourself into the ground laddie i assume the additions will not be savegame compatible so I will continue to hold off my LP until it is ready. In the meantime I made myself a little signature pic
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 02, 2017 at 12:19 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Hope you are well and not working yourself into the ground laddie i assume the additions will not be savegame compatible so I will continue to hold off my LP until it is ready. In the meantime I made myself a little signature pic
    Thanks man, and yes - the changes are too many to be save-game compatible.

- Gwynedd and Munster gets completely new rosters - and Denmark, all the saxons, Alba and Connacht gets many new units.

- Gameplay changes, starting alliances and balance - lots of stuff.

Edit:

Western Francia and Gautland will be added to the game in both custom battles and the campaign too, dividing the Frankish units like in the WotN: Grand Campaign - and Gautland will get the same basic WotN-troops as the Norse, but with the Swedish units as uniques.

Hordaland and Vestfold will loose the Swedish units from custom battles and use more of the same.

I did finish the Denmark roster yesterday, and they also do have Lagertha from the TV-show as a bonus - as i created a custom model of her using textures. Not the best but still looks like her - limited by the model in use.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 02, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

- The Havamal

Hello, didn't get alot done the past week even though i have made a few more things since the last update. I thought i should write a list of things that needs to be done and then i just have to write "- DONE" for each step as i finish it and edit this post.

Here is the plan:

1. Finish adding of all the rosters including new rosters or individual units for the Kingdoms of Munster and Connacht. - in progress! (Gwynedd, Mercia, Northumbria, Wessex, Denmark, Alba, Magyars and East Anglia done)

2. Balance all the new rosters/units.

3. Add new portraits to most of the new units. - (Mercia, Northumbria, East Anglia, Wessex and Gwynedd finished.)

4. Add all the new rosters and units to the campaign - (Gwynedd mostly added and East Anglia and Mercia partially added).

4.2 Add regional recruitment between the two Irish factions, between the new rosters of the Saxons and between the Normans and the Norse. - (Mercia done.)

5. Fix new starting alliances for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland.

6. Fix new victory conditions for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland.

7. Add the best tracks from the Arthurian Total War Briton music to Gwynedd.

8. Fix obsolete unit descriptions, faction descriptions, faction elite unit portraits etc.

9. Add garrision scripts for two of Gwynedds units.

10. Fix scualor for the Magyars.

11. Add new menu backgrounds possibly or at least add a new number to it, as well as possibly replacing the start menu music.

12. Add West Francia to both custom battles and the campaign.

13. Add Gautland to both custom battles and the campaign.

14. Playtest the campaign and release it - possibly done before the month is up. But as i don't get anything done some days i can't promise to be done in time. I think this list will be good for me as it makes it easier to focus on what i need to do. Otherwise i just waste time on facebook, youtube or reading the forums - and the hours go by but nothing gets done..
    Check this post at page three for updates.

- I have recently finished adding of the units for Alba and the Magyars - and only very few units remaining to be added for Connacht and Munster, as all the units that i wanted for them from WotN and War of the West has been added. I did also improve on the saxons some more with basic WotW units and new horses.

- Only some old units by Absinthia remaining for Connacht and Munster.

Then i will need to do the rest on the list, but mostly the only time-consuming parts left are the EDB and probably the adding of two new factions - but their units are already inside of the mod so it should not take forever. Balancing will take awhile but i think i can do it pretty fast.

- The Havamal

Ui Neil faction submod fully merged with my submod. The new faction will have it's own roster based on Absinthias old Irish roster and whatever i could find of it still - it has many types of spearmen, javeliners, some swordsmen, macemen, mounted javs, mounted swords and basically no more.

Connacht has the old TLK roster.

Munster has the WotN/Wotw mix.

All Will be available after they conquer one another.

- The Havamal

I am now done with the implementation of all the Irish troops and the units for the rest - Only balancing of the new units left to do as well as the EDB work.

I've also added Gautland with all it's units successfully to custom battles, but there is trouble in the campaign - mod CTD at the diplomacy screen when clicking on the tab or when an ai tries to start diplomacy with Gautland.

Unless i get help solving this i have no choice but to revert back to a version without Gautland.

- I am sure it's the ui and that is not my area.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 06, 2017 at 01:16 AM.

- The Havamal

Hello guys - thanks to WarcraftHero Gautland now works in diplomacy without crashing!

- It would seem the Ui'Neill submod replaced Sicily just like Gautland did - causing Sicily not to exist in the UI-files. Also, there were some issues in the descr_sm_factions - all fixed thanks to WarcraftHero.

I am gonna add Western Francia tonight, and as for Gautland their symbols will be remade by WarcraftHero to suit TLK:s style - it's also likely that Western Francia will get new symbols too.

I am aiming for a release before end of saturday, but even when the factions are fully ready i still need to balance the new rosters and units of some of them - and not to forget implement the regional recruitment system between quite a few factions.

We'll see if i am done in time before the competition at MODDB close decembre 11.

Warcraft Total War would have taken more than a week so i focused on this mod in the hope i will be able to release a new version before the competition ends.

Pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-29-23-833.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-27-36-626.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-25-19-331.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-25-25-863.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-27-21-964.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-24-38-736.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-24-47-317.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-06 21-27-25-248.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 06, 2017 at 02:41 PM.

- The Havamal

Very good news. Thank you for your work.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

I am now done with both the Francish Empire factions and Gautland. They are fully ready in the campaign..

However, i do need to balance Munster and Ui Neill because they are still overpowered, and then i need to balance some individal units for the Danes, Saxons, Alba and the Magyars. After that the regional recruitment between the Normans and the Norse, between the Saxons, between the Irish and between Denmarks new units and the other Norsemen will need to be done.

I've already finished Gautland and the Francish regional stuff.

After all that which i can finish today i believe the portraits and final stuff will take too long for the MODDB competition. Mod will probably be ready too late sometime late saturday or early sunday.

People who like this mod or the coming update should vote anyway.

- The Havamal

This is welcoming news, looking forward to it, rept. As a matter of interest is there a tech-tree guide anywhere? and also is it beneficial to build colonies/vassels in "homeland" provinces or should it only be foreign territories? my apologies for what might sound a silly question but I have not really played M2TW/mods so have no experience of using this scenario.

This is welcoming news, looking forward to it, rept. As a matter of interest is there a tech-tree guide anywhere? and also is it beneficial to build colonies/vassels in "homeland" provinces or should it only be foreign territories? my apologies for what might sound a silly question but I have not really played M2TW/mods so have no experience of using this scenario.
    I am a little behind my schedule and will need to constantly focus on this until i am done.

- As for your question, - no, there isn't any guides as far as i know - colonies/vassals should be built anywhere because they open up possibilities to recruit new types of troops. Some troops are regional, but the Saxons as an example can recruit all the basic norsemen of the different type from all their territories - such as Northumbria, Mercia or East-Anglia being able to recruit basic Wessex troops in all english provinces including their own - while the elites are region specific to Wessex regions only. And the same goes for Wessex contrary to the others, where they can recruit basic norsemen everywhere in Saxon territory but elites only in certain regions after building those buildings.

- Maybe not everyone will get many troops in their homelands, but i believe there are a few regionals available since vanilla in all homeregions.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 08, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

- The Havamal

I am a little behind my schedule and will need to constantly focus on this until i am done.
    That's fine, there's no rush as far as I'm concerned, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I plan to do an LP or two because I love this time period(currently watching series 5 of Vikings) and also to help in my small way promo your work

- As for your question, - no, there isn't any guides as far as i know
    Ok no problem, it was worth asking, I will spend some time working it out while I wait for your next release, I like to construct the necessary or important buildings first and in the right order in the early game to maximise their advantages.

- colonies/vassals should be built anywhere because they open up possibilities to recruit new types of troops......... Maybe not everyone will get many troops in their homelands, but i believe there are a few regionals available since vanilla in all homeregions.
    I had an idea it was somewhere along those lines but was not sure, thanks for the explanation. Keep well my friend
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 08, 2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo

That's fine, there's no rush as far as I'm concerned, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I plan to do an LP or two because I love this time period(currently watching series 5 of Vikings) and also to help in my small way promo your work

Ok no problem, it was worth asking, I will spend some time working it out while I wait for your next release, I like to construct the necessary or important buildings first and in the right order in the early game to maximise their advantages.

I had an idea it was somewhere along those lines but was not sure, thanks for the explanation. Keep well my friend
    I have watched the first episode (two in one) of season five yes. I need to watch the second episode but am currently busy moding..

I see, that's fine.

I am just done with all the portraits, and now it's on to balancing the units - after which i need to work on the campaign files and add all the new units to them. Gautland, West Frankish Empire, Kingdom of Gwynedd, Kingdom of East-Anglia and Kingdom of Mercia are added since before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms_2017-12-08_10-14-08-216.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-08_10-15-55-186.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-08_10-18-06-531.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-08_10-19-18-015.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-08_10-21-55-117.jpg  

kingdoms_2017-12-10_01-59-45-700.2.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-10_02-40-26-432.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-10_03-41-11-546.jpg   kingdoms_2017-12-10_06-30-06-659.jpg   kingdoms 2017-12-10 11-24-07-152.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 10, 2017 at 02:18 PM.

- The Havamal

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.8 released)

you can change the name in the data/text/imperial(or whatever campaign)_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    just look for the cityname you want to change and leave the settlement name in the brackets (this name is refered to coding).
    example:
    Code:
    {Achrida}Ohrid
    {Achrida_Province}Ohrid Region
    Ohrid can be changed into anything. The game will always refer to Achrida

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    you can change the name in the data/text/imperial(or whatever campaign)_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    just look for the cityname you want to change and leave the settlement name in the brackets (this name is refered to coding).
    example:
    Code:
    {Achrida}Ohrid
    {Achrida_Province}Ohrid Region
    Ohrid can be changed into anything. The game will always refer to Achrida
    Yeah, i know about that - we'll see if i bother to replace old names with WotN names later. But i want a release out so probably won't bother with that.

- As for text-work i still need to replace some names of units and remove/replace their descriptions.

- The Havamal

Preview video:

"New release impending, but delayed due to me wasting the whole saturday - will be finished during the week before the next weekend.- Only balancing and some campaign-releated files left to do - plus final menu stuff.I am uploading a battle now just so i can use it as the official release-video later - because i will not have access to my gaming computer until next week and the mod might be ready before that.

I will try to finish it as soon as possible, but studies also take up time - but before the next weekend is the goal. In this video the Kingdom of Gwynedd is fighting the new Western Frqnkish Empire.

Back when the Eastern Frankish Empire had all the units they used to be equal with a victory for the Francs - however i have divided the Empire into two factions and removed five units for each - so now they are slightly weaker when using all the units in their roster versus all the units in Gwynedds roster. I should probably have compensated for that loss by giving them five extras - anyway, enjoy the battle."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 10, 2017 at 11:54 PM.

- The Havamal

@Mr_Nygren, this is terrific stuff and great news

Hello, didn't get alot done the past week even though i have made a few more things since the last update. I thought i should write a list of things that needs to be done and then i just have to write "- DONE" for each step as i finish it and edit this post.

Here is the plan:

1. Finish adding of all the rosters including new rosters or individual units for Gwynedd, Mercia, Northumbria, Wessex, Denmark, Alba, Magyars, East Anglia, Munster and Connacht - DONE!

2. Balance all the new rosters/units. - DONE!

3. Add new portraits to most of the new units - DONE!

4. Add all the new rosters and units to the campaign - (Gwynedd mostly added and East Anglia and Mercia partially added).

4.2 Add regional recruitment between the two Irish factions, between the new rosters of the Saxons and between the Normans and the Norse. - (Mercia done.)

5. Fix new starting alliances for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland. - DONE!

6. Fix new victory conditions for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland. - DONE!

7. Add the best tracks from the Arthurian Total War Briton music to Gwynedd. - DONE!

8. Fix obsolete unit descriptions, faction descriptions, faction elite unit portraits etc.

9. Add garrision scripts for two of Gwynedds units.

10. Fix scualor for the Magyars.

11. Add new menu backgrounds possibly or at least add a new number to it, as well as possibly replacing the start menu music.

12. Add West Francia to both custom battles and the campaign. - DONE!

13. Add Gautland to both custom battles and the campaign. - DONE!

14. Playtest the campaign and release it - possibly done before the month is up. But as i don't get anything done some days i can't promise to be done in time. I think this list will be good for me as it makes it easier to focus on what i need to do. Otherwise i just waste time on facebook, youtube or reading the forums - and the hours go by but nothing gets done..
    Finally DONE with the unit balancing , now it's the boring text-work where i need to fix all the wrong names and descriptions of some of the new units.. And then it's the fun final part of adding the rest of the units to the campaign files.

- I will then playtest the mod, but send it to WarcraftHero (who fixed the diplomacy issue with Gautland and made the Gautland new symbol) and to Soul Tyre as he can probably start his let's play and help me hunt for bugs.

I do also think it's better if he showcase the mod before it's out officially.

- The Havamal