Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Hi congratulations with you work, i have a question is it possible to play both the origenal and your submod ? If so how can do this ? How do i install both and play them
    thanks
    Thank you.

If you are using the old-school cd-version like me, then you just have to create another folder and rename it into something of your choice such as TLK_Original. Then whenever you wanna play it you rename it again to "Last_Kingdom" and rename my submod to something of your choice such as "TLK_WotN".

Edit: The one you wanna play should always be named "Last_Kingdom" - the other one should be temporarily named to something else. Start by installing TLK 3.06 and then add my submod as a separate folder - they cannot be named the same thing at the same time.

As for Steam i am not sure.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Just finished watching the latest episode of Vikings and as is often the case it inspired me to play the Last Kingdom. So glad to see you have continued your work. I was considering tweaking the original Last Kingdoms mod myself to better suit my needs, since the original needed some balancing imho. Hopefully thnx to your work I can actually play instead of modding, often I spend so much time modifying that by the time I am done I have lost the urge to play the mod itself lol
    Ah, i need to see all the episodes since the first two combined ones.

The original 3.06 wasn't even the base for my submod - as i had already applied the real recruitment submod when i started modifying the mod. So basically i have balanced the new units/rosters to be on par with the others - after applying the real recruitment/real combat submod.

- Elite units are therefore alot stronger than peasants, as it should be.

- Aye, i get what you are saying - that's what happens sometimes to me too.. I originally wanted to play GoT alot with the new units by VltimaRatio - but after working on it alot i kinda lost the urge. I haven't even played a campaign yet.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

A very nice update Mr_Nygren! Thanks for all the work you have done for this mod during the years and the others who have assisted you, I don't think many realise how big this update is. But I have been following the mod closely for months and been waiting for this release too come, so this will definately be something to put my gaming hours for use

Altough I have discovered two problems with mod so far which can be quite disturbing.
    • The first thing I noticed is that the new factions you have implemented in the mod don’t have any accent sounds on the campaign map.

• And the second thing is a problem that is a bit hard to describe, but when you click and look at faction diplomacy tab you can see that the viking faction symbol is sharing the Ui Néill faction symbol.

I can’t tell if this is something with my installation that has been corrupted or been installed in a different way, but if there are others who have experienced this then certainly this is something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    A very nice update Mr_Nygren! Thanks for all the work you have done for this mod during the years and the others who have assisted you, I don't think many realise how big this update is. But I have been following the mod closely for months and been waiting for this release too come, so this will definately be something to put my gaming hours for use

Altough I have discovered two problems with mod so far which can be quite disturbing.
    • The first thing I noticed is that the new factions you have implemented in the mod don’t have any accent sounds on the campaign map.

• And the second thing is a problem that is a bit hard to describe, but when you click and look at faction diplomacy tab you can see that the viking faction symbol is sharing the Ui Néill faction symbol.

I can’t tell if this is something with my installation that has been corrupted or been installed in a different way, but if there are others who have experienced this then certainly this is something to look into.
    Thanks for your comment. Yeah, i guess people underestimate how many hours one has spent on text-work alone.

- About the sounds on the stratmap for Gautland, the Ui Néill? and Western Frankish Empire - i will look up what files are connected to their voices and add the factions to those files. I know it's a simple file where i do need to add their entries.

- About the Vikings faction symbol - there were an issue making the mod crash in diplomacy after adding Gautland, due to something missing in the strat-files in the UI-folder - WarcraftHero added those missing lines causing the Vikings-symbol to be the same as the Ui Néill one in diplomacy. I don't know if it's possible to change that easily or not - but that's something i would need his help to do.

- It's not really a big issue anyway, as the Vikings scripted faction still has their symbol in most places. And it's not affecting gameplay.

- The stratmap voices will be fixed, as that could be a little boring without any voices.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 22, 2017 at 01:02 PM.

- The Havamal

Tried Magyars, heir went rebel from the start. You might want to check loyalty. Great work

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Tried Magyars, heir went rebel from the start. You might want to check loyalty. Great work
    Magyars are the only faction where Scualor and loyalty is an issue - they were not intended to be playable originally. I do not know how to fix such things. In Warcraft i removed revolts altogether.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    - About the Vikings faction symbol - there were an issue making the mod crash in diplomacy after adding Gautland, due to something missing in the strat-files in the UI-folder - WarcraftHero added those missing lines causing the Vikings-symbol to be the same as the Ui Néill one in diplomacy. I don't know if it's possible to change that easily or not - but that's something i would need his help to do.
    Mr_Nygren, i'll take a look at this tomorrow, i'm almost sure it's easy to fix
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Thanks for your comment. Yeah, i guess people underestimate how many hours one has spent on text-work alone.

- About the sounds on the stratmap for Gautland, the Ui Néill? and Western Frankish Empire - i will look up what files are connected to their voices and add the factions to those files. I know it's a simple file where i do need to add their entries.

- It's not really a big issue anyway, as the Vikings scripted faction still has their symbol in most places. And it's not affecting gameplay.

- The stratmap voices will be fixed, as that could be a little boring without any voices.
    Thanks for the reply, and of course.. the Ui Néill isn't technically a new faction.. but yes I meant all three that you implemented. Great to hear that you will be addressing this.

Well you're right, the viking faction symbol ain't very important, but it's good that it's mentioned at least.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

I recall working on this mods History of the Irish years back, I since then joined and did four years in the army and am in my final year of uni. time fly's.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Good submod to relish again the Last Kingdom. Great job!

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Custom battles between Wessex and Northumbria result in a CTD when loading.

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Custom battles between Wessex and Northumbria result in a CTD when loading.
    Did not for me as proven by the video.

I do not know what you may have done wrong when installing.

- The Havamal

Updated and fixed version of this mod v 3.9 uploaded today! - 2018-02-06.

A 3.9 patch!

Changelog:

- Menu symbol for the Vikings scripted faction in the diplomacy screen fixed by WarcraftHero.

- Strat-map sounds/voices for the three new factions of Gautland, Oneill and West Frankish Empire fixed by me.

- Invisible rebel stacks in the Oneill starting settlements removed, changing the mod totally for the Oneill faction - it will no longer just stand at it's starting location doing nothing if played by the AI, and if the player is in control it will no longer have trouble moving in it's own territory.

Download-link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-k...on-submod-v-39

- The Havamal

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 11, 2018 at 04:37 AM.

- The Havamal

Hej! Great mod! I just downloaded and began playing it. A few things, though. Maybe I didn't get the right files, but I'm having some errors, such as characters not speaking back to me and only seeing weird text in the box where they should be speaking. As well, when I try to use the "create_unit" and "process_cq" cheats, it tells me certain units or settlements aren't recognized, even when I've typed correctly (and I don't mean the ones with strange characters). I'm also getting only half the number of units as I should be, which has been happening with the other mod I use, ever since transferring from my old laptop to a newer one (from Vista to Windows 7).

Lastly, is there a list of the songs used? There's one in particular with female vocals that I'd like to track down, but no idea what it's called.

Anyway, great mod! Thanks for creating this.

Quote Originally Posted by blodhemn View Post
    Hej! Great mod! I just downloaded and began playing it. A few things, though. Maybe I didn't get the right files, but I'm having some errors, such as characters not speaking back to me and only seeing weird text in the box where they should be speaking. As well, when I try to use the "create_unit" and "process_cq" cheats, it tells me certain units or settlements aren't recognized, even when I've typed correctly (and I don't mean the ones with strange characters). I'm also getting only half the number of units as I should be, which has been happening with the other mod I use, ever since transferring from my old laptop to a newer one (from Vista to Windows 7).

Lastly, is there a list of the songs used? There's one in particular with female vocals that I'd like to track down, but no idea what it's called.

Anyway, great mod! Thanks for creating this.
    Always start the mod by clicking the executable.bat - never Norman.bat or baptized.bat.

Make sure to Only have the submod and not any earlier version. It is stand-alone. It should not overwrite older versions.

Sound is fixed in 3.9 so you've probably installed wrongly.

Code names and in-game names of units may differ. Look in descr_unit.txt.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 12, 2018 at 11:46 AM.

- The Havamal

I think I downloaded the mod and the submod. I don't know.

What about the song? Is there a list of the songs in the game? It's driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by blodhemn View Post
    I think I downloaded the mod and the submod. I don't know.

What about the song? Is there a list of the songs in the game? It's driving me nuts
    Submod is the mod. If you want to play it do not install it over anything else.

You wanna play the original then use that older version Only.

- The Havamal