Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod!

Quote Originally Posted by preussen6 View Post
    I don't why but I have 10 h of downloading from moddb, only with this mod.
    I'll send you a slightly improved version in PM but don't share the link.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    That's fine - but it will take at least half this month and possibly a little while longer - it all depends on how much i finish the coming days and weeks.
    No problem for me personally, I am happy to wait for the new rosters etc, it seems to me that good as it is now, this submod could become very popular if the custom settlements are anything to go by. I want to put out the best WotN Let's Play that I can, so take all the time you need
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

How do I revert to the original viking voices? The Swedish voices sound a bit too modern for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    How do I revert to the original viking voices? The Swedish voices sound a bit too modern for me.
    Just change the line "Accent Swedish" in the EDU-file into "Accent German? Or whatever they used before - this needs to be done to all individual units, just search for "Swedish" using notepad++.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Where is the EDU-file?

Where is the EDU-file?
    Export_descr_unit - in the data-folder of the mod.

- The Havamal

Hello guys - i just wanna say that i have done alot of progress including balancing the Gwynedd-roster, adding it to the rebel_factions, descr_strat and the EDB-file, fixed wrong faction name for the Magyar leader, fixed armour-stats (they were too low) for most light horse-units, added all the names to the Magyar-faction as provided by a user on moddb, given all the Magyar units the "hide_anywhere"-attribute, replaced all the welsh rebels with proper new units (or a blend of both old and new), replaced the saxon rebels in Devon and Cornwall with Welsh rebels, added a Lagertha hero-unit with new textures made by me to Denmark, separated the old Atgeirmenn from the new one and given the old one to Denmark and finally played a strat-map campaign as the rebels to see how Gwynedd progressed.

While they did last until turn 159 (unlike before) they still didn't get to recruit their elite troops - so players who want historical accuracy rest assured that the ai will never reach those bad-ass proper elite RomanoBriton-units - they have a few good low and medium tier troops and does very well thanks to their light and medium cavalry. A player will of course be able to restore Lloegr.

I may have done more but nothing i remember currently. Anyway, now i need to fix Mercia, East Anglia and Denmark and then the Wessex roster. I do also plan to enhance the Magyars.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 05, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

- The Havamal

The soldiers now have their original voice. However, the advisor doesn't speak at all now, and the campaign map characters still have their Swedish voices.

The soldiers now have their original voice. However, the advisor doesn't speak at all now, and the campaign map characters still have their Swedish voices.
    Yes, i thought you meant the soldiers in battle - i completely forgot about the strat-map.

You must look that up yourself because i didn't add the voices to teach people how to add the other voices back. But all sound-files are in the mods data-folder so you just need to edit the right one. I think it should be pretty simple but i don't remember exactly which file.

- The Havamal

Alright, no worries, I'll find it. Thanks for the help, mate.

Hello everyone! I have been doing nothing for more than a week, and also i have been focusing some of my time on the Warcraft Total War Alpha. But the good news is i have been working on this mod since sunday non-stop and have made some progress. The faction of Northumbria has gotten completely new unit portraits and i am also done with Mercia and East Anglia - even though East Anglia is in need of one more unit. Wessex won't get new units but instead will have some unique textures for their "WotN" regional-units.

Without going into detail on everything i have done so far i can say that unit portraits aren't a fast matter - for one they are made transparant which requires some attention to detail - as one needs to erase the entire background of the pictures and that takes between 20 min to half an hour when i do it - as i am very detailed in my work.

And i have finished like 15 portraits since monday night. I have also balanced the new units of Mercia, East Anglia, Northumbria (one unit for the last mentioned) and Denmark. I have still to do alot more but will try to be done before the month is over.

Pictures of the Northumbrian and Mercian rosters (finished):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-04-18 03-47-56-438.jpg   kingdoms 2017-04-18 03-49-26-079.jpg  

- The Havamal

Looking good, you are doing some really great work on thisin the meantime while I am waiting for you to finish your work, I am messing around with a mod/submod by the name of Arthurian: TW¬The Raven Feeders, it's very good and without being disrespectfull to the creators and team, I am sure it could be better with some TLC from you

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Looking good, you are doing some really great work on thisin the meantime while I am waiting for you to finish your work, I am messing around with a mod/submod by the name of Arthurian: TW¬The Raven Feeders, it's very good and without being disrespectfull to the creators and team, I am sure it could be better with some TLC from you
    Yep, Arthurian total war, i downloaded it on my old computer like a month ago for Rome Total War. What does TLC stand for? I liked the music and was about to add it onto IB2:CB for my enjoyment - but unfortunately the mod didn't have all the files and the sound of voices and battle etc silenced when creating new music-files.

I am going to use the music for Briton factions from that mod - but only the best tracks and no prayers. Also, IB2:CB is pretty much that mod but on M2TW without the music.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Yep, Arthurian total war, i downloaded it on my old computer like a month ago for Rome Total War. What does TLC stand for? I liked the music and was about to add it onto IB2:CB for my enjoyment - but unfortunately the mod didn't have all the files and the sound of voices and battle etc silenced when creating new music-files.

I am going to use the music for Briton factions from that mod - but only the best tracks and no prayers. Also, IB2:CB is pretty much that mod but on M2TW without the music.
    TLC= tender loving care....music for Britons sounds good (excuse pun) and Aye those prayers get on ma tits...I have rtw version of IBFD +7.03 upgrade, is IB2 CB much different?

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    TLC= tender loving care....music for Britons sounds good (excuse pun) and Aye those prayers get on ma tits...I have rtw version of IBFD +7.03 upgrade, is IB2 CB much different?
    I see , yep i liked the Arthurian music somehow but i will not remove the good music already there. I might possibly remove some tracks from the King Arthur movie in favour of those tracks - especially those heard in DBM.

I've never played IBFD on Rome Total War - but i guess the difference is the setting. Like it taking place in Britain while the mod you have is more close to Italy? At least the IB2-team are working on a IBFD for M2TW - so the main difference must be the base game and location. The style of the units are mostly the same.

- The Havamal

Hello, didn't get alot done the past week even though i have made a few more things since the last update. I thought i should write a list of things that needs to be done and then i just have to write "- DONE" for each step as i finish it and edit this post.

Here is the plan:

1. Finish adding of all the rosters including new rosters or individual units for Gwynedd, Mercia, Northumbria, Wessex, Denmark, Alba, Magyars, East Anglia, , Ui Néill. Munster and Connacht - DONE!

2. Balance all the new rosters/units. - DONE!

3. Add new portraits to most of the new units - DONE!

4. Add all the new rosters and units to the campaign - DONE!

4.2 Add regional recruitment between the two Irish factions and between the new rosters of the Saxons. - DONE!

5. Fix new starting alliances for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland. - DONE!

6. Fix new victory conditions for the Irish, Scottish and Vestfold/Hordaland. - DONE!

7. Add the best tracks from the Arthurian Total War Briton music to Gwynedd. - DONE!

8. Fix obsolete unit descriptions, faction descriptions, faction elite unit portraits etc. - DONE! (Anyone wanting more accurate names o descriptions? Add them yourselves later.. - I don't particularly care about text very much).

9. Add garrision scripts for two of Gwynedds units. - (Possible change, might not be done).

10. Fix scualor for the Magyars. - (Possible change, might not be done).

11. Add new menu backgrounds possibly or at least add a new number to it, as well as possibly replacing the start menu music.

12. Add West Francia to both custom battles and the campaign. - DONE!

13. Add Gautland to both custom battles and the campaign. - DONE!

14. Add new units to descr_rebel_factions.

15. Playtest the campaign and release it - (Last thing to do.)
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 17, 2017 at 11:33 PM.

- The Havamal

Great news, looking forward to putting up a Let's Play on youtube, intro and thumbnail all prepped

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Hmm, very interesting. Have you thought of using my campaign AI?
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Hmm, very interesting. Have you thought of using my campaign AI?
    I have never attempted to add advanced scripts and/or new AI's to the game before. I would be very happy to accept a better AI and if you want you could add it on-top of the new version when it's ready?

But is it hard to add such things? I am not a scripter - i am more of a coder. Scripts seems like more advanced coding.

- The Havamal

Hello guys, i am quite busy with other projects for the moment - but here is my work this whole evening - completely new portraits for the Kingdom of Gwynedd faction:

"The real new Gwynedd roster! I spent the evening creating the new portraits for the eight units with wrong portraits - but then i thought the old ones weren't good enough and replaced every portrait of each individual unit.

This is the completely new full Gwynedd roster - enjoy!"

EDIT: I've also finished East Anglia - added picture below:

Second Edit: Wessex is also basically finished as i decided to not change it very much in custom battles - picture added.

PS: All the saxons will be able to recruit all the saxon troops in the campaign, if holding the right territories.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-05-26 23-47-49-444.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-27 01-43-58-003.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-27 02-52-31-438.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 26, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

- The Havamal