Thread: Settlement/Buildings DB tables help

Default Settlement/Buildings DB tables help

I'm trying to figure out how to change the Campaign model of the special settlements (Altdorf/Kislev/Eight Peaks and so on) for factions that are not allowed to capture them in Vanilla (using Dresden's Regional Occupation mod).
    Just by mucking around I can tell that it should be from the "building_culture_variants" tables. I can change the model for the vanilla factions here, but not for the modded ones. Problem is, the custom faction does not actually have the special settlements in this table, nor can I add it.

How do these tables work? I read the tutorials for R2 for DB Table editing, but since there's no regional occupation in Rome, it's not really mentioned anywhere.

Default Re: Settlement/Buildings DB tables help

Ah no, this table controls the Icons/Flavour text, not the campaign map model. I'm pretty positive now, thought, that this is done through "campaign_settlement_display_building_ids_tables" but still can't figure out how adding a faction would work through that.

From my understanding, the modded factions are not given the settlement, simply granted use so they don't have IDs for occupying it. Damnit.

Default Re: Settlement/Buildings DB tables help

Alright, to keep a long story short, I've found it.

I had to create a new chain->main building->edit the model for that building. It's working, and the settlement changes to the Chaos model.

HOWEVER, the game crashes once I actually click the settlement. What could be the cause of that ?