Thread: How do i get Stainless Steel mod to work on win10?

Default How do i get Stainless Steel mod to work on win10?

Hello.

It does not work for me, i dont know what im doing wrong. I have my Medieval2(and kingdoms) installed from the cd's and i had to convert them into steam to be able to play on Windows 10. And when i downloaded the Stainless Steel mod and installed it, i cant get it to work.. i tried to convert it into steam and play but it says ""Unable to locate kingdoms.exe. Is Kingdoms.exe in your MTW2 folder?".

Perhaps i need to buy Med2/kingdoms from steam?

Please help.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: How do i get Stainless Steel mod to work on win10?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

OMG, Win 10, thanks Microsoft, any ways, take a look at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...SS-6-3-and-6-4

Does not Win10 under Compatibility allow you to change to Vista/WIN7 settings?

Also might want to check out post 2, take a look at 'Safe Disc Issue' in Frunk's Signature

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Thank you!
    The game worked fine until the year 1150 when a specifik faction make its turn and a screen pops up saying there is an error and the game need to exit.. anyone know how to fix this?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Have a look at this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ow-to-fix-them

Edit your config file as explained and post your log here as a spoiler or as an attached zip file (due to his lenght ).
    Also, give us details such as early or late era, during which faction's turn, etc...
    If you know how to use the console, use the toggle_fow command to be able to follow AI's movement.

Edit: have you tried to re-install the entire game as administrator and in compatibility mod? It helps sometimes (even if I don't think that's the problem, it costs nothing to try).
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 03, 2017 at 02:11 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader