Thread: CTD on Game Startup

Default CTD on Game Startup

When I start the game, I get an error saying "Could not read file data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt".

If I copy it over from the original RTW files to the twg data folder, I get another error, and then another, and so on and so on. So I'm assuming this is not normal and either the downloaded file is corrupt (I downloaded it twice, both have the same hash) or there is a problem with my RTW installation. Anybody has this experience?

I have RTW with Barbarian Invasion and Alexander installed by the way.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: CTD on Game Startup

[Back from the realm of the dead]
    Hi, from what I can say, the BI and Alex installations don't modify the descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt, so the problem is elsewhere.
    Actually I don't remember ever having this error for this mod.
    Maybe something is wrong with your graphical settings or you previously installed some other mod with non-foldered files (for example, the graphical improvement for Diadochi modify some files - but I don't remember which ones).
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Hello, thanks for the response, but I think I just gave up on the mod after a while of trying to fix the issue. I'm pretty sure I had a clean installation of RTW with BI and Alex at the time.

Ok, but I'll try to look into it anyway, before releasing the next version

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga84 View Post
    Ok, but I'll try to look into it anyway, before releasing the next version

Thanks for doing that

Sorry for the double post, just want to make sure anyone subscribed gets the notification. I gave it another shot today and I could install it and play perfectly fine, not sure what happened the last time.

By the way, you mention a next version, is that a new version of TGW or of your submod for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    I gave it another shot today and I could install it and play perfectly fine, not sure what happened the last time.
    probably some problem with some settings or graphical mod (yup, sometimes they gave problems on more "basic" mods)

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    By the way, you mention a next version, is that a new version of TGW or of your submod for it?
    Some time ago (actually more than two years), I spoke with Seleucos of Olympia (the user, not the spirit of the original guy) and he gave me the "rights" for everything related to TWG,
    so while I'll mantain a separate version of my submod, the submod itself will be the unofficial last version of TGW (I'm planning to add a last faction, some other features, an expansion of the character traits, and something more if I can find an historian and a graphic artist... and a grammar checker).
    But, at the moment, I'm a one-man-army and I'm struggling with something else, so I don't know when it will be ready.
    Last edited by Ryoga84; August 12, 2017 at 02:58 PM.

Well I can't provide any of those things, so I wish you the best of lucks! Keeps us posted!