Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Master of Ambition

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Master of Ambition

I mean in 0.7, sorry for the confusion.

PS - Oh, and I found what was crashing my mod. I think I'll have a 0.6.9 for either tonight or tomorrow, so you guys can get familiar with the buildings and resources, while I rebuild unit stats tables for 0.7.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; April 22, 2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: ps
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post

PS - Oh, and I found what was crashing my mod. I think I'll have a 0.6.9 for either tonight or tomorrow, so you guys can get familiar with the buildings and resources, while I rebuild unit stats tables for 0.7.
    I see. Also found out something about the castle damaged "bug"? Or someone else already found out what to do there, I didn't read through all comments in this thread..

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraigami View Post
    I see. Also found out something about the castle damaged "bug"? Or someone else already found out what to do there, I didn't read through all comments in this thread..
    I suspect there may be some trouble in the in the start_pos, if this is a real bug caused by MA. What I mean is, I've cleared my AppData/roaming, uninstalled S2, and deleted all my Steam folder but the .exe and other games I own. I still can't duplicate the bug. When playing any Warscape build with mods, after you switch mods, be sure and delete everything in AppData/roaming/the creative assembly/shogun 2 except your advice, maps, saves, and scripts. There are tutorials on how to do this all over the Total War community, but first you need to make Windows' hidden files visible - the rest explains itself.

Again, I'll keep trying to duplicate the "no recruitment" bug, and I will know what the problem is by v. 0.7's release.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post

Nice to hear. Really looking forward for this ambitious project further development.

Could you still tell me how to make it possible to give my other Samurai units Banzai etc? x) I tried to check it myself but didn't got to success. I'm that kind of player that tries to make some historical accurate campaign and in Sengoku, most Samurai were Bow Samurai and Spear Samurai, so I kinda hate using Katana Samurai and No-dachi Samurai all the time. I rather use my Yari and Naginata to charge my enemys x) Still, don't know if Naginata Samurai got Banzai in the current version, but I guess when you could tell me how to change Yari Samurai there's not gonna be any problem to check Naginata too.

Hi,

Good job on making approvements on MoS.

I have some questions though based on how certain things are in the MoS mod. I would like to know if these have been addressed in MoA

1) naginata armor units together with kata? when you have an + armor region you want both yari and nagina to take advantage from that now i need 1 extra armor region which there arent many of
    2) encampment weapon and troops - troops gives + charge but more advanced weapon building give the same charge bonus as the troops once so why would i even bother with building troops?
    3) Clan academy and military academy are great buildings problem i have they are last that you can unlock so why would i bother with it when you already researched everything id suggest you bring them down a little which would also benefit the AI for the bonuses
    4) accuracy from 1 buddest building but monk bow cant benefit from it because they are on small monestry building in building tree. I have 1 region full accuracy but my monks cant benefit from it becasue Id have to choose between +5 accurary or monk bow.
    5) question if your 1st build a legendary building you get extra clan buffs?
    6) can I place all my available military OR civil buildings in a provices max available slots?

moshedz's Avatar Foederatus

Quick update: for the past week, and for (hopefully) less than another week, I have not had internet due to moving from to (don't bring any politics in plz). When I get internet again, I will be able to continue. Yes, I do have data, but you can't use that on laptops, and it's expensive af.

Cheers, moshedz.
    The Best Defense is Bowmen,The Best Offense is Bowmen
    So why aren't all games comprised of just bowmen?
    Yari fanboys.

Also, I am now GMT +2.
    Yari fanboys.

Hey, your mod is really nice but I am a bit bother by the recruitement. It is always wrote "castle is damaged" without any damaged. So I can't recruit except my capital.
    Any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    Hey, your mod is really nice but I am a bit bother by the recruitement. It is always wrote "castle is damaged" without any damaged. So I can't recruit except my capital.
    Any ideas ?
    As of what we know about this bug: Nothing. For me, it seems you just have to wait a while and upgrade your castles and eventually you'll be able to reruit some units there. Maybe only for few rounds, but it's worth it. Also some test from me was to get some units inside the castle and wait, guess that one could work too... But I don't think Whiskey did encounter anything yet, I guess he would've said something about that. So, just wait for next update, maybe the bug won't come up there, don't know as for now. But anyways, don't go too far from your capital first few rounds until you've got yourself some army, then it doesn't matter if other castles are damaged anyways

As of what we know about this bug: Nothing. For me, it seems you just have to wait a while and upgrade your castles and eventually you'll be able to reruit some units there. Maybe only for few rounds, but it's worth it. Also some test from me was to get some units inside the castle and wait, guess that one could work too... But I don't think Whiskey did encounter anything yet, I guess he would've said something about that. So, just wait for next update, maybe the bug won't come up there, don't know as for now. But anyways, don't go too far from your capital first few rounds until you've got yourself some army, then it doesn't matter if other castles are damaged anyways
    Thank you for your answer.

So now, I am playing with Tokugawa and I am in turn 70 (around). I went to upgrade many castles (long time to get the technology for + have enough money). But I still can't get new units I should have thanks to the new building I constructed after the upgrade of the castle.
    So yes, it is a bug, and it is a pity because this mod is truly interesting to play deeply this period. I will wait a bit for a hotfix .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    Thank you for your answer.

So now, I am playing with Tokugawa and I am in turn 70 (around). I went to upgrade many castles (long time to get the technology for + have enough money). But I still can't get new units I should have thanks to the new building I constructed after the upgrade of the castle.
    So yes, it is a bug, and it is a pity because this mod is truly interesting to play deeply this period. I will wait a bit for a hotfix .
    Exactly. You until you've got to recruit units in other castles, you could already be that far you don't even need it anymore xD
    But guess you're going fine in your campain on conquering Japan, that's nice. Hope your Tokugawa Ieyasu didn't die yet (if he's playable already, I've editied mine a bit so I run around with 2y old generals, lol.) Else you get problems with Tokugawa-Clan fanatics (me.)

Exactly. You until you've got to recruit units in other castles, you could already be that far you don't even need it anymore xD
    But guess you're going fine in your campain on conquering Japan, that's nice. Hope your Tokugawa Ieyasu didn't die yet (if he's playable already, I've editied mine a bit so I run around with 2y old generals, lol.) Else you get problems with Tokugawa-Clan fanatics (me.)
    I want to have special units, it is funny inside an army :p ninja, artillery ... talking about ninja, my first ninja, specialized for assassination, killed a lot of Takeda lol but they are still people to lead the clan !

Ieyasu is still alive (and young), Sanada Masayuki still did not repeal my army hehe.

I am back, I now have internet *smiley* *yay*

Feel free to ask me any mod comp questions [or mod-related questions] @moshedz on steam.
    Yari fanboys.

don't forget the forgotten shimazu katana samurai, now i moving to do a surgery and i hope if i live i can send this bastard's to battle.

ty for the work

I hope this mod is still alive; would there be an update you are planning for us, Whiskey? not forcing anything, just curious )

Finished Nursing school and now back for action

About the "Castle damaged"-bug, any news? Or, ever checked your datas and MoS datas? Maybe you changed something causing this bug? Idk, it actually ruins the gameplay more than I thought it would for me.

I had the issue while doing mos. The touble was related (if i'm not remmembering wrong) to the values places for recruitment land points. If i'm not mistake castle slots must have at least 1 recruitment point and it never has to reach 0. This was like 2 years ago so i might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    I had the issue while doing mos. The touble was related (if i'm not remmembering wrong) to the values places for recruitment land points. If i'm not mistake castle slots must have at least 1 recruitment point and it never has to reach 0. This was like 2 years ago so i might be wrong
    thanks for the info just a question where in pfm can i find recruitment land points or is it in the start.pos file?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast