Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Master of Ambition

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Master of Ambition

I've read this thread and I don't see a download link for TAL. Maybe you forgot to add a link for TAL in the OP?

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...r-of-ambition/
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Good to meet you, Leonardo! Thank you for those tutorials using Taw's tools, the converter became incredibly useful.

Another oversight on my part, I need to update that file to 0.6.2 and post a link.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

It's easy to forgot something important, I know how it is.

Anyway, let me know if you need any help at TAL (fixing the thread/posts), by posting your request over there, since I am a sort of a local forum moderator at TAL.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Will do, man. And I updated 0.5.6 to 0.6.2, so TAL's as recent as Nexus. Thanks for dropping by and the reminder!

Alright, NOW all playable clans have new startpos data. I mean it this time. Here's a link to the Nexus, and here's one for The Assimilation Lab. The v. 0.6.2 at TAL includes the updated startpos.esf, whereas the Nexus version requires that you download both the Old Version and the Update, replacing the Old Version's P1 with the Update's P1. If you've already downloaded v. 0.6.2, then you just need the Update. In other words, TAL's download is ideal for those who haven't installed v. 0.6.2, but the Nexus is ideal for those who have and just need the updated P1.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Could you please change the weather stuff, so there can be rain and fog in battles? It's just very boring and weird to play in sunny weather only...
    Also, I crash most of the time when I try to play a battle myself, is there something up? All I changed was that I get rain and fog in battles, but like THAT little change would cause the game to crash? Else atm I'm using Master of Strategy part 4 - 8, recruitable generals, no horo mod, no upstart generals mod and eriks improved generals skills mod

Generals are recruitable with my mod. You just have to build an Academy of Grand Strategy.

That is weird, I haven't changed the weather. So when you're playing custom battles it crashes? I'm not certain what that could be, but I'll look. Thank you for reporting these issues.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

moshedz's Avatar Foederatus

ANOTHER MOD LIST BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE DEFINATELY NOT TIRED OF THIS YET:

THESE WORK:
    MoS 4-8
    2skillpointsperrankup
    Aggressive Factions [I have not idea if this mod even works, since it is supposed to only work for a different set of mods :/]
    Ai_Occupational Resistance
    Camera Zoom/Extended Camera Minimod
    Samurai Blood mod
    More Characters [Takeda Shingen looks gr8]
    More Characters 2
    No_upstart generals
    Wcampaignset [its a Weistrauss mod]

ANY OVERHAULS WILL NOT WORK AND WILL CTD WITH MOA, MOST UNIT PACK MODS WILL NOT WORK SINCE THIS MOD HAS ITS OWN SETUP; EVEN IF THE UNIT PACKS WORK IT WILL BREAK THE IMMERSION. VISUAL MODS, EXCEPT FOR REAL_ARMIES AND VASATOR WORK. EVERYTHING I HAVEN'T STATED IS AT YOUR DISCRETION.
    The Best Defense is Bowmen,The Best Offense is Bowmen
    So why aren't all games comprised of just bowmen?
    Yari fanboys.

I didn't try in custom battles yet, but I guess it would crash after a while there too, same was with master of strategy. I know you didn't, it's the same stuff as in MoS, that's why I asked you to change that~

Quote Originally Posted by moshedz View Post
    ANOTHER MOD LIST BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE DEFINATELY NOT TIRED OF THIS YET:

THESE WORK:
    MoS 4-8
    2skillpointsperrankup
    Aggressive Factions [I have not idea if this mod even works, since it is supposed to only work for a different set of mods :/]
    Ai_Occupational Resistance
    Camera Zoom/Extended Camera Minimod
    Samurai Blood mod
    More Characters [Takeda Shingen looks gr8]
    More Characters 2
    No_upstart generals
    Wcampaignset [its a Weistrauss mod]

ANY OVERHAULS WILL NOT WORK AND WILL CTD WITH MOA, MOST UNIT PACK MODS WILL NOT WORK SINCE THIS MOD HAS ITS OWN SETUP; EVEN IF THE UNIT PACKS WORK IT WILL BREAK THE IMMERSION. VISUAL MODS, EXCEPT FOR REAL_ARMIES AND VASATOR WORK. EVERYTHING I HAVEN'T STATED IS AT YOUR DISCRETION.
    Wait, so More Characters and More Characters 2 mod works without having the "essential" kyushu campaign, odawara battle, etc. mods with it? Or is there some other mod named the same, or some other version of the mod?

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Any plans to integrate properly various small graphic modifications in the future as well? Like ACC, VUS, BullGod various mods or some scabbard modification? Sometimes there are some problems with their compatibility and I believe all of the mentioned are really great visuals.

If you like you can also use the Japanese banners and mons from the Morning Sun. Those are made by me long time ago and based on historical Sengoky era nobori, so you have my permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    Any plans to integrate properly various small graphic modifications in the future as well? Like ACC, VUS, BullGod various mods or some scabbard modification? Sometimes there are some problems with their compatibility and I believe all of the mentioned are really great visuals.

If you like you can also use the Japanese banners and mons from the Morning Sun. Those are made by me long time ago and based on historical Sengoky era nobori, so you have my permission.
    Thank you, Herr Doctor! I'll definitely use the banners, when I get around to applying aesthetics. Visuals will be the last major update, before 1.0. I still have to balance units, wrap up all buildings, change RD's parameters, and give Ikko Ikki some love (their tech trees are unmodded atm).

BullGod's portraits are included, as are some assorted graphical mods from Ambition. I'm not sure what all Hayabusa integrated, but I believe scabbards, custom daimyo meshes, and unit cards are there. I'm pretty sure about scabbards, because Masamune has a no-dachi scabbard on his back. Unless that's something else...
    Shogun 2 Mods:

thanks for the hard work on the mod, can you please make the battles more longer i just want to appreciate my oda ashigaru in battle, i understand this might take alot of time to do, i already tried to do this ''Balancing'' with MOS but got really bad XD

Quote Originally Posted by daniboy630 View Post
    thanks for the hard work on the mod, can you please make the battles more longer i just want to appreciate my oda ashigaru in battle, i understand this might take a lot of time to do, i already tried to do this ''Balancing'' with MOS but got really bad XD
    Hey dude, I understand perfectly. There are so many units its difficult to track my own progress, and I'm not even fielding all the MOS units. Many have been cut to make way for a total experience and unit quality overhaul. I'm working from Destin Faroda's excellent Total Realism mod, and he's graciously supplied me with a spreadsheet charting the modifications he'd like to make in future versions of Total Realism. Battles should be more tactical, more prominent in game play.

With units, there are so many parent-child paths, practically every other table needs editing, if you're going to achieve balance. I have to take into account the AI cheats, allowing itself an unlimited cash flow and spawning stacks at whim. Where's the strategy in that? Out maneuvering a cheating computer is no fun, just tedium. The AI clans get zero resistance from occupation, so you'll almost never meet a garrison worth a damn, leaving siege battles relegated to auto-resolve. I'm fixing all this with v. 0.7. Honestly, I think I'm two weeks out from making the release.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Hi there Whiskey, i found out about your mod from comments on the master of strategy steam workshop page yesterday, i am so happy development is continuing on my favourite mod!
    i'd like to report a bug though, i have run into the castle damaged recruitment bug, even though i am sure i have the latest version having downloaded both files (old and update) from the nexus and replacing the P1 file from the old with the update.
    it is happening when a a castle is damaged and repaired obviously but also strangely it happened in Osumi province while playing Shimazu on the start of the 4th turn automatically without any damage being done at all! i reloaded the autosave from last turn and this time recruited yumi samurai unit and ended turn. this time the bug still happened delaying the recruitment of the samurai until the castle is 'fixed'. however i could still recruit boats from the provinces harbout unlike last time when i hadnt recruited the samurai on the previous turn. i continued to end turn a few times to see if the bug would fix itself. after 2 more turns the samurai actually spawned in the province so they had not been delayed in fact. but now as soon as the samurai is spawned the bug is back in full effect not allowing recruitment from the harbour.
    i am using the following mods (besides minor visual changes);
    MA
    Better maps (all 3 parts)
    master of strategy parts; 0(veteran mode), 5, 6 and 7. i avoid part 4 for conflicts with better maps and i avoid part 8 because i dont want the huge Edo castle
    erik general skill tree
    3pointsperlevel agents
    VUS (i have not encountered CTD's yes with this. but it does cause animation stuttering in battles unless i set the affinity and priority in task manager for shogun2.exe to high and to not use cpu 0)
    i really hope this helps find the source of this bug and thankyou for all your work so far and to come

P.S. sorry for minor wall of text

oh and one more thing, i am missing icons for some of the arts and masteries they are just a white space, i am aware this is a WIP i was just wondering if that is normal experience for someone using latest version?

Since generals are recruitable, would it be possible to allow a general to be more than just a cavalry unit? I've been toying with the idea of making a mod that allows you to get No Dachi, Yari or Teppo Generals, on foot or on horseback, perhaps to give more variety to AI armies, especially in the early game when the general is a major unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Since generals are recruitable, would it be possible to allow a general to be more than just a cavalry unit? I've been toying with the idea of making a mod that allows you to get No Dachi, Yari or Teppo Generals, on foot or on horseback, perhaps to give more variety to AI armies, especially in the early game when the general is a major unit.
    Hi Hazzard

You mean Kenshin leading mounted nagi monks, Shimazu with heavy gunners, etc? Yeah, I've thought about doing that before, but I veered away and just gave all the generals bows. You should make that mod, since its you idea. It'll be more fun than it was work, and after I release 0.7, you can patch it for compatibility with their new stats. Just don't forget to modify their equipment load-outs in the warscape files. I'm going for "realism" over variety, so that's why you won't see it in MA. All cav will be bow/sword or yari, and the ro, sham, bo system toned down considerably, to give cavalry their proper dominance.

This is a favorite topic of mine, so let me tangent for a spell, but Shingen was the mastermind of cavalry tactics in the Sengoku era. He sired the cav charge, unheard of in Japanese warfare, which, used at the right moment, annihilated about everyone in his way. As such, Takeda will have early access to yari and light cav. I'm going to do this through the Bushido tech tree, after I'm happy with unit stats. Takeda will have an edge over everybody in the Shinano region, because Shingen was a monster. Don't send your cav headlong into a hail of bullets though.

One other thing you need to know, and this may hurt, but all the generic generals share a single unit: taisho [something]. The taisho [something] can have only one load-out, so you'll only be able to give named generals that level of variety.

For future reference, the Academy of Grand Strategy, which gives you recruitable generals, should be classified a legendary type building. Only one for each clan, so be sure and build it in the vicinity of the direction you're expanding, or its a looong ride to the battlefront.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; April 02, 2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: PS
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by 9mugenjin9 View Post
    Hi there Whiskey, i found out about your mod from comments on the master of strategy steam workshop page yesterday, i am so happy development is continuing on my favourite mod!
    i'd like to report a bug though, i have run into the castle damaged recruitment bug, even though i am sure i have the latest version having downloaded both files (old and update) from the nexus and replacing the P1 file from the old with the update.
    it is happening when a a castle is damaged and repaired obviously but also strangely it happened in Osumi province while playing Shimazu on the start of the 4th turn automatically without any damage being done at all! i reloaded the autosave from last turn and this time recruited yumi samurai unit and ended turn. this time the bug still happened delaying the recruitment of the samurai until the castle is 'fixed'. however i could still recruit boats from the provinces harbout unlike last time when i hadnt recruited the samurai on the previous turn. i continued to end turn a few times to see if the bug would fix itself. after 2 more turns the samurai actually spawned in the province so they had not been delayed in fact. but now as soon as the samurai is spawned the bug is back in full effect not allowing recruitment from the harbour.
    i am using the following mods (besides minor visual changes);
    MA
    Better maps (all 3 parts)
    master of strategy parts; 0(veteran mode), 5, 6 and 7. i avoid part 4 for conflicts with better maps and i avoid part 8 because i dont want the huge Edo castle
    erik general skill tree
    3pointsperlevel agents
    VUS (i have not encountered CTD's yes with this. but it does cause animation stuttering in battles unless i set the affinity and priority in task manager for shogun2.exe to high and to not use cpu 0)
    i really hope this helps find the source of this bug and thankyou for all your work so far and to come

P.S. sorry for minor wall of text
    Yes, Weierstrass has graciously permitted me to continue his work, and I thank you for the report! I'll dl the version at Nexus and try and duplicate your problem. I only tested 3 turns in myself (I thought 3 would be enough), but the beta testers have done at least one campaign, that I'm aware of. I'll report this at the Nexus as a bug, if I can corroborate.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mugenjin9 View Post
    oh and one more thing, i am missing icons for some of the arts and masteries they are just a white space, i am aware this is a WIP i was just wondering if that is normal experience for someone using latest version?
    This will be looked at, too.

I'll uninstall S2 and start fresh with just MA, because sometimes I accidentally edit the wrong pack file, when I have three open at once Thanks again!
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post
    Hi Hazzard
    One other thing you need to know, and this may hurt, but all the generic generals share a single unit: taisho [something]. The taisho [something] can have only one load-out, so you'll only be able to give named generals that level of variety.
    The impression I got from a thread I can't find at the moment was that the there's an option in one of the columns which toggles if a unit is a general unit. From what I remember, somebody in the thread said they turned it on for Yari Ashigaru, so every time they recruited a unit, they got another General. I'll have to look into this. If I understood this right, then I could edit the Academy to allow a matchlock unit or whatever to be recruited and be a general, but couldn't stop the vanilla methods for general recruitment (Family Members coming of age and enlisting someone for 1000 koku) from providing the default unit. Unless maybe I go into scripting, but that seems frightening. I managed to procrastinate on homework for 2 hours with the above idea of different general units, since I didn't really know what I was doing or any of the file names. I didn't finish and then accidentally deleted the file later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    The impression I got from a thread I can't find at the moment was that the there's an option in one of the columns which toggles if a unit is a general unit. From what I remember, somebody in the thread said they turned it on for Yari Ashigaru, so every time they recruited a unit, they got another General. I'll have to look into this. If I understood this right, then I could edit the Academy to allow a matchlock unit or whatever to be recruited and be a general, but couldn't stop the vanilla methods for general recruitment (Family Members coming of age and enlisting someone for 1000 koku) from providing the default unit. Unless maybe I go into scripting, but that seems frightening. I managed to procrastinate on homework for 2 hours with the above idea of different general units, since I didn't really know what I was doing or any of the file names. I didn't finish and then accidentally deleted the file later.
    That method makes sense, I hadn't thought of that. You just need to duplicate the units, and rename the duplicates, so you don't get a general every time you recruit a basic unit. If you want to make Hero units into generals, that's the way to go about it (they'd be overkill, but hell, it'd be fun). Still, the reason promotion instance and coming-of-age generals didn't change is because they look at the general taisho unit. If you were to start small, and just change the unit load-outs for one named general at a time, you'd make tangible progress in no time. I think Steam would go for this sort of mod, so I say don't give up on it. If you want help, friend and pm me over at Steam, I'm also WhiskeySykes there, and I'll walk you through the steps.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast