Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Master of Ambition

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Master of Ambition

The latest file is ready at the Nexus (will upload here later).

Changes from v. 0.5.1:
    • New building commodities and requirements (again)
    • New building names (again)
    • Cavalry is rare (you need to own a province with Warhorses), until I implement the system in my head.
    • Units of Samurai and monks are smaller, while units of ashigaru are larger (Samurai comprised less than 1% of the population). Samurai should be your flankers, moppers, and castle takers.

In other news, I'll be updating slower than usual. Medical paperwork irl, and my good computer's on the fritz. I'll try and update /week. We should be two releases away from v. 0.6, which means the end of work on the tech trees, and the beginning of work on the military and economy - that should take us to v. 0.8 or 0.9.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 08, 2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: update
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bushido tree's about complete! All that remains is to settle on icons, tweak the effects, and dial up/down research times. Then I'll be moving on to buildings and unit balancing. Finally, I'll be releasing v. 1.0, with aesthetic improvements and those aforementioned scripts. That should be it... I'll have to work on multiplayer after the final cut, because I'm uncertain about balancing & key features. (We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.)
    Shogun 2 Mods:

@Whiskey,

great progression! I am waiting for version 1.0 excitedly. It's been silent here for the last couple days but I want you to know that we are stalking your every step . Do not forget; you are our savior, reason to return to S2 again.

Cheers mate,

May your faith glow, ElrosAmandil

I added a couple arts to the Bushido tech tree, ffs; and beta testing concluded with me that the first building level of the Ashigaru chain should be present on startup, so that's what I've been doing between brainfarts with Bob. Otherwise, things are ready for the next beta: v. 0.6.

One more thing, I've snuffed out all traces of the ti-dye samurai. Between my battles with start_pos, I went to work on mons, flags, and unit colors extending no quarter to our disgraced and ignoble foe. Should anyone see a ti-dye samurai after v. 0.6, report them to me at once. These eye-sores may resemble anachronistic hippies, but they induce the dreaded retinal diarrhea - a shamfur dispray!
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Hello! I am using the old version of master of strategy as I have spent a lot of time tinkering with tables in those files and simly don;t have the strenght to do that again with the new version of Master OF Strategy. Would this by any chance work with his mod from way back 2015? Instead of 11 parts, that one has only 8 parts. This mod has me interested.

Master of Ambition overrides the db tables found in part one of Master of Strategy.

Master of Ambition v. 0.6 is out!
    Please read the read me and comment here, or at the Nexus.

[3/19/17] - V. 0.6 is out, and you should definitely download and provide feedback. Because modding the start_pos to add camps in every settlement is taking longer than expected, I've made lvl 1 camps available at no research cost. This is only a temporary fix, until the start_pos tables are complete. In addition to new tech trees, you'll notice I've begun modifying aesthetics, such as clan colors, and mons and flags. For v. 0.7, I'm working on unit balancing and buildings, and all that goes into this. That means the tech trees may change just a little, next time. As with any plugin, I recommend a clean start, no other mods besides MoA, and Master of Strategy 4-8. Enjoy!

Also, please send me your better screenshots! My rig's scuttled in the shoals of busted, so all I've got is this work laptop.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 19, 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: update
    Shogun 2 Mods:

moshedz's Avatar Foederatus

0.6.0 MOD COMPATIBILITY LIST

THE FOLLOWING MODS WORK:

gbj_samurai blood mod
    upstart general
    zz_recruitible generals
    [cheat mods, but why would you cheat]
    MoS 4-8
    MoS submods

ANYTHING ELSE, INCLUDING VASTATOR, RADIOUS AND DM CAN CTD. TESTING AT YOUR DISCRETION.
    The Best Defense is Bowmen,The Best Offense is Bowmen
    So why aren't all games comprised of just bowmen?
    Yari fanboys.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ElrosAmandil View Post
    @Whiskey,

great progression! I am waiting for version 1.0 excitedly. It's been silent here for the last couple days but I want you to know that we are stalking your every step . Do not forget; you are our savior, reason to return to S2 again.

Cheers mate,
    This man speaks truth!

I feel bad for sort of holding out for a version 1.0 instead of testing every new release to provide feedback/screenshots, but I get too invested in campaigns and hurts too much having to restart and lose all those memories before their time. Not to mention time being limited, so preferring to spend it elsewhere until I know I can spend it here in full.... but who am I to speak of limited time to a man using his own free time to create such a compelling product for us to spend ours with? IT'S ALL SO VERY CONFUSING!

I may just end up downloading to share custom battle screenies, small way of helping out or just saying thanks.

I don't know if you use other overhauls (like Master of Strategy), but I've been loading the same save now for the past two releases. No issues, and MoA will never conflict with rots&fots. If you're really invested in your campaigns, though I advise waiting for 1.0 before you spend 20 turns for nothing. Thanks, Dooz!

I might as well note it: I've been parsing xml's since 2am, and I can finally say I've made progress. I've added some buildings at startup, so it looks like the next version will include Todokoro the rots way. No more waiting for ashigaru, you'll be able to recruit them on turn one. For example, Iga now begins w/ a sake den instead of a dojo:

The Sake resource is useless atm, and may be axed. idk
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 21, 2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: ps
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Thank You for your work! Your mod is a dream come true! It was really fun playing the 0.4 version.

But i have a question for the 0.6 version. Somehow, i cannot recruit any unit from newly conquered castle. It says that the castle is damage even though i have the castle repaired.
    "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
    ~ Matthew 5:44-45

Ah! So you've just confirmed a bug one of the beta testers found. Thank you, and I'm making a patch for 0.6 as we speak. Check back in a couple days, and I'll have a link to the patch for you guys.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post
    Ah! So you've just confirmed a bug one of the beta testers found. Thank you, and I'm making a patch for 0.6 as we speak. Check back in a couple days, and I'll have a link to the patch for you guys.
    Think it'll be save compatible? Cause I couldn't resist and started a campypoo. Still early enough in to abandon but saved right before big battle, so may hold off on that if it won't stick. I know you said you've loaded up saves yourself from version to version, but just wondering if you know anything about upcoming patch may or may not be confirmed compatible.

Also, thumbs up for the immediately available ashigaru fix for next version!

Yeah, it'll be save compatible. I'm not changing anything major between 0.6 and 0.6.2.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Campidoctor

Great! Playing as Hojo, I was planning on just siege and destroying/vassalizing all conquests anyway. So I can live with this particular bug until the update since it won't effect me... though I do wonder if the same thing is currently effecting all relevant AI castles in the campaign and preventing recruitment in a lot of places.. oh well, I'm taking it slow myself anyway, I'll consider it a limited recruitment script to start off (shout out to EB2, what whaaat).

Oh but I just realized something, by save compatible I was just thinking whether it'd even load. But will the actual fix be applied to an ongoing campaign? I feel like I remember certain types of changes needing a restart to take effect, but that might have been for other TW games and could be different. Anyway, guess I'll find out!

Still super early in so not a ton of feedback, other than that in general it just... feels right. More as it comes.

To my knowledge, it only effects castles destroyed in siege battles, so climb the walls instead for now and bait the enemy to sally out.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Campidoctor

Oh I meant what about for AI vs AI sieges throughout the map where they do happen to destroy, would it remain unrecruitable henceforth. But it's really nothing, even if doesn't fix ongoing game. I relinquished too strong of an emotional attachment to campaign before began knowing it's all subject to anything at all. Still fun!

To your question, I think so, and its probably for the best you put 0.6 aside. I'll have to look more closely to pinpoint the issue, and what exactly is going on in there, but its obviously something I did wrong recently, so I don't expect it will take long to fix. Like I said, maybe a couple days, if that.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Campidoctor

Just fired up a custom battle to capture some content, unfortunately battle crashed before the armies clashes so only a handful of pre-contact marching shots for now. I'll dive in for more later!

For future reference, anything in particular you'd like screenshots of, Whiskey? Situations, units, battle, campaign, just anything at all that I might focus on and make sure to include if you'd like.

Nice ones, Dooz! I like that you chose Oda.

Do you have Master of Strategy packs 4-8 installed? Maybe some pics of those new castles by Frodo.

Update: I got all playable clans to start with Tadokoro, a stage 2 castle, stage 2-3 region specialty, better ports (if maritime's their thing), and one other building. Still looking for what causes the "cannot recruit units while castle is damaged" bug to appear... looks like a long night.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Thank you all for your patience, v. 0.6.2 is up at the Nexus. I've fixed the recruitment bug and filled some region_slots for playable clans. You'll be able to hire ashigaru on turn one. Changes to non-playable clans await subsequent versions. For now, I'm working on unit balance.

Dooz has informed me the Hojo don't have Tadokoro, so they cannot recruit ashigaru turn one. This was an oversight on my part, not a bug, and I apologize. I will patch this now, and upload to the Nexus momentarilly. Look for it around noon EST.
    Last edited by WhiskeySykes; March 25, 2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: ps
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast