Thread: How would I make horse breeding type buildings available to Western Romans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How would I make horse breeding type buildings available to Western Romans?

How would I make horse breeding type buildings available to Western Romans?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default Re: How would I make horse breeding type buildings available to Western Romans?

Okay, so for future reference, this tutorial is useful. It's for Rome 2, but most of it still applies for Attila.

For your needs... I think all you need is to go into building_culture_variants and find the entries for each level of the horse breeder building. There should be two - in the culture column they'll be att_cult_eastern and att_cult_roman. For the att_cult_roman entries, find the subculture column. You'll see those entries labelled with att_sub_cult_roman_east. Just erase that subculture restriction for those entries, and the building should be available for the WRE as well.

I've never changed this particular entry, so let me know if that works.

Default Re: How would I make horse breeding type buildings available to Western Romans?

I cloned the east roman entry and typed in west and it works great but, there is no text, its a generic icon I think. If I just erase east than all cultures will have it right?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Just erase the subculture entry, not the culture one. The culture one limits it to Roman factions, while subculture limits it to eastern/western Romans.

There's no text because you added a new entry. If you just erase the subculture entry for the existing one, it should use the existing text. If you do want to add a new line, you'll have to add a new line in the appropriate text table as well.

Makes sense; thank you again, I'll try it and get back to you. What country are you in? Your communication is easy for me, I'm American. Many folks on this site struggle with English, but I admire them for being multilingual, since I am not.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

The country I'm in changes fairly often these days, but I'm also American, hehe.

I tried it by erasing the entry; the description appears but the tittle of the icon and the transparent balloon when you mouse over it is also blank. At least the description of each of the four levels now appears. I have no clue how to get the Icon title etc to appear though.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Ah, right. Yes, I think you still do need to edit the text table after all.

You'll want to add building_culture_variants.loc from local_en.pack to your mod.

You'll see entries again labelled by culture and subculture for those buildings - like this: building_culture_variants_name_att_bld_all_livestock_horses_4att_cult_romanatt_sub_cult_roman_east

You should be able to get the text to appear by removing that "att_sub_cult_roman_east" from the end of that line (but you never know with text files. Sometimes you have to export them from the Assembly Kit for them to work properly).

This worked! All text and title is there and the mod works perfectly. It is a bit tricky at first glance because there are entries for Eastern Romans and for Eastern Sassinids that have the same icon titles and text but it works great! I have posted my mod in steam workshop but haven't made the description for it for the workshop yet. Thanks for your help! I am going to give you plus rep. Don't know if that matters to you but you help was invaluable. I have learned so much, thank you.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Augustung,
    Is there a way to increase the Garrison size of Tankhunids without increasing the Sassinids? I am not sure if they share the Sassinids garrisons. Do the Tankhunids use barbarian or Sassinid buildings? Or maybe EOS (whatever that is)?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

The Tanukhids use the desert garrison units. They don't share garrisons with the Sassanids, but with the Lakhmids, Himyar, Axum, etc. EoS is Empires of Sand. Those factions use the Eastern buildings (same as the Sassanids), but they use desert garrison units, not eastern garrison units. One way to only give garrison units to the Tanukhids and not the other EoS factions is to add Tanukhid unique units to garrisons, like the rebellion militia. Those units will only appear for the Tanukhids.