Thread: Warwick House

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Warwick House

Since his appointment to the office of Lord High Treasurer, the Earl of Warwick has found it necessary to move into London. Being an austere military man, he has chosen for his residence a fairly low-key and sparsely decorated house with a positively Spartan interior, bare of decoration save the weapons and banners hanging on the walls and the occasional suit of glimmering armor.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Warwick House

Arundel arroved toto speak to Warwick.

Arundel was welcomed briskly and with no fanfare. The Earl of Warwick awaited him in the dining hall, slowly sipping a cup of wine and closing up a letter he had just received. It would seem his wife fell ill and died while he was away, as if the day couldn't get any worse after the rapid collapse of the Appellant faction.

"Arundel. Be welcome." Thomas uttered tersely when his eyes fell on the new arrival. "This...has not been a particularly good day. And that was a rather interesting maneuver you executed in the Privy Council chambers, almost literally kicking the Duke of Gloucester when he was down." Warwick could guess why Arundel did it, though, and scarcely blamed him. Between Gaunt's return, the King's maneuvers and the Duke of Ireland's status remaining unclear, the Appellants' ship was taking an awful lot of water. Gloucester had been the leader of their cabal, and was sure to take the King's full wrath on his head first: sticking around to defend him would probably not end well for any of the other Appellants who tried it.

Arundel eyed Warwick with a similar, terse look. "Warwick, far from a good day for our faction." The Earl of Sussex sighed bitterly, knowing that they should expect the worst from the King's wrath. "I admit it was far from one of my finer moments - but the blatant incompetence of the Duke of Gloucester hardly helped to calm me down. We're in this mess because he failed to control both the government, the Realm and the King."

Arundel's eyes roved the walls, the banners, weapons and suits of armour standing out without any garish decoration to hide them. He turned back to Warwick calmly, with an objective look in his eye. "The Lord Appellant are not yet finished, Earl Warwick. The King will appoint the same favourites and sycophants as he did last time - the ones that are still alive at least. The Duke of Gloucester and I were supposed to be the joint leaders of this endeavor, but he shunted me aside for a failed power grasp. I ask you, my Lord, to continue to back me and the Lords Appellant as you once backed the Duke of Gloucester and the Lords Appellant. We may still have a chance to return to government - if we move carefully."

ooc: this happens another time, you don't have to be here, Arundel.

A squad of twenty yeomen or so arrive to Warwick House, with a warrant: The earl is under arrest, for treason and sedition.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    Arundel eyed Warwick with a similar, terse look. "Warwick, far from a good day for our faction." The Earl of Sussex sighed bitterly, knowing that they should expect the worst from the King's wrath. "I admit it was far from one of my finer moments - but the blatant incompetence of the Duke of Gloucester hardly helped to calm me down. We're in this mess because he failed to control both the government, the Realm and the King."

Arundel's eyes roved the walls, the banners, weapons and suits of armour standing out without any garish decoration to hide them. He turned back to Warwick calmly, with an objective look in his eye. "The Lord Appellant are not yet finished, Earl Warwick. The King will appoint the same favourites and sycophants as he did last time - the ones that are still alive at least. The Duke of Gloucester and I were supposed to be the joint leaders of this endeavor, but he shunted me aside for a failed power grasp. I ask you, my Lord, to continue to back me and the Lords Appellant as you once backed the Duke of Gloucester and the Lords Appellant. We may still have a chance to return to government - if we move carefully."
    "And how do you propose we accomplish that?" Warwick said, sounding more tired and resigned than angry. "The King will no doubt be on guard against us. I am not unwilling to support your future endeavors, Arundel...but I need guarantees that things will not end this way again, and that you know what you're doing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    ooc: this happens another time, you don't have to be here, Arundel.

A squad of twenty yeomen or so arrive to Warwick House, with a warrant: The earl is under arrest, for treason and sedition.
    Warwick faced the King's yeomen with a mix of yet more exhaustion, resignation and frustration. "Why I am not surprised in the slightest," he had grunted beneath his breath when the yeomen turned up. He would, of course, go quietly and stoically - there was no point in trying to fight back with the tiny handful of retainers he had on hand.

Arundel shrugged. "I doubt it will happen any time soon. We'll have to wait for our next chance. Careful politicking and moves are our only redemption now."